[Official] "I Got My G1" ThreadGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator This Topic's Starter

When you get your T-Mobile G1, post here and let us know. If you can, post a picture, video, etc... of yourself with your new phone!

(please keep side convo non-existent or minimal at best)

Advertisement
  2. 3xL

3xL Member

.....online android emulator!!! lol sorry just had to....i'm bored

3. Lellieis1

Lellieis1 New Member

I got mine! Ill edit this post later with the picture, im still un packaging it, just trying to find out how long to charge it.

4. Truelysmoove

Truelysmoove Member

you already recieved yours :p im so jealous haha...i want mine already but just checked ups and said has a reschedule date and i should have it on the 21st :( was hoping to have it before the weekend

5. homebrewed

homebrewed Member

My delivery date showed up yesterday and this morning it shows that it's in my city (which means it's at the ups center like 3 miles from my house). I just called UPS and I still have to wait till the 21st! WTF! That's inhumane! Water-board me why don't you!

6. Huey Freeman

Huey Freeman Well-Known Member

wow thats extra wack lol..

7. blackeyedbrian

blackeyedbrian Member

so cool, I have 2 in hand.

First impressions are that this is solidly build and the OS is very responsive.

8. ram100987

ram100987 Well-Known Member

I got it!!! I'm posting with it right now!

My firtst impressions... It's great so far! Great build guality, feels good in your hands... I've never owned or had a lot of use on a touch screen before, but its definitely veery responsive and easy to use. I've only been on it foor about 15 min so I haven't delved deep into what it has to offer yet, but I like it.

As for cons... yes, no phone is perfect. So far, the charger gets in the way when using the keyboard. It's quite annoying. Also I have nooticed it's hard to place the curser if you want to edit text. I noticed this trying to make this post. Last thing I've noticed is that there are no is no dedicated key for tab. Ill have to look if there is a hot key for it in the instruction...

Those are my initial impressions, but I'm getting anxious to play with it more that that's all I'm gunna say for now.

9. blackeyedbrian

blackeyedbrian Member

use the trackball to easily move the cursor around when you need to edit text, works soo much better for me than the iphone.

10. cmoo92

cmoo92 New Member

My G1 is amazing--and not just because of the internals, but also because it defied all odds to get into my loving arms. This morning, UPS tracking showed it was sitting in Dallas (5hrs from where I live), and I called UPS customer service and they told me it would get here tomorrow. Then, only by the grace of God, the UPS driver shows up with my G1!
    [​IMG]

View all pics.

11. ram100987

ram100987 Well-Known Member

thats what it attempted to do was uuse tthe trackball but it just wasnt working for me... it kept trying to go out of tthe text box. i think i just need to be a little slower with it, i think its more sensitive than the one on my bb pearl

12. The Duchess

The Duchess Member

I'm still waiting, Got automated call from ups stating that I had a Deliver between the hours of 9-7pm what crock, just gimmee my darn phone, !

13. 66batman

66batman Member

Just got mine! Charging it right now! Looks freaking good!

David

14. coyote121403

coyote121403 Member

Mine was delivered today to the wrong address. I had called tmobile right after I ordered the phone last month and told them to ship it to a different address and they told me sorry the order is in we can't change it, call UPS when you see tracking information. I called UPS and they told me Tmobile had to change it. So long story short, it got delivered today to my old address and since nobody lives there went back to the shipping outlet. They said I can come pick it up tomorrow morning. Bastards! ( Lesson learned: make sure you have the correct billing address listed with Tmobile before you order anything)

15. ericsscion

ericsscion Active Member

its here ... i attached a few pics

Attached Files:

16. jimczyz

jimczyz Well-Known Member

Got mine, put my extended armor on it, charged it up and am placing ringtones and setting it up right now. Looks and feels great to me, so long iphone!

17. amargari

amargari Member

Got mine!!! Pretty neat. I am trying to figure everything out. BTW I am posting this from my G1.

18. TmoMan27

TmoMan27 Member

I got mine. So damn happy. Its so freaking nice.

19. tlove922

tlove922 Member

I got mine!!! I had to travel to UPS to get it (only 5 minutes away) :) Love it so far!!

20. Android0523

Android0523 Well-Known Member

GOT MINE GOT MINE...and yes I am screaming of joy

21. ericsscion

ericsscion Active Member

congrats everyone on getting your phones ... i'm a little dissapointed because i dont have internet access yet with my phone. because i just ordered the total internet plan it can take 3 days to update :mad:

22. RobPuba

RobPuba Member

Can you make calls ?

23. ericsscion

ericsscion Active Member

yea calls are no problem

24. RobPuba

RobPuba Member

I can't get pass the setup screen and won't let me make calls.

25. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

Picked mine up at UPS a couple hours ago. Then had dinner @ Ruby Tuesdays. This phone couldn't come at a better time. my Wing has been being buggy all day long. It's currently charging.First impressions- light and much smaller than it appears in ads. Sleek. Texture is soft without being too rubbery. Case is cheap but will be just fine until I get some armor for it. I've ordered the zagg invisible shield for my PSP, and if I like it, I'll get it for G1.Headset is sleek and simple, will do just fine. Much better looking than the boxy headset that came with the Wing.