• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Official] "I Got My G1" Thread

I can hardly get anywhere on my phone without it freezing up or force-closing something. I honestly can't handle it. I've only had it for 2 months and have used it quite normally I'd say. no ridiculous downloads or anything. but now I'm wishing for a simple little phone so I don't have to deal with any of this. any suggestions?

Upvote 0
I can hardly get anywhere on my phone without it freezing up or force-closing something. I honestly can't handle it. I've only had it for 2 months and have used it quite normally I'd say. no ridiculous downloads or anything. but now I'm wishing for a simple little phone so I don't have to deal with any of this. any suggestions?

First try this ... With POWER ON .... pull the Battery and SIM .. wait three minutes then re-install and reboot...

Second Try this ... Do a Factory reset .... then slowly load back on your favorite apps one at a time ... and see if that does help ...

If you have long msg threads ... DELETE Them or back them up and then delete the threads from your phone...

A good app for backups of apps, data, and phone settings is MyBackup Pro ....

Upvote 0
I've had it just over one week and I'm still not sure if I like it. I am uncertain about rooting it but that seems to be the solution to several problems.

Other than rooting the phone, I am looking for a better email client and better browser. I looked at K-9 for email but apparently the latest update is buggy. Looking at Opera Mobile (or mini, whatever) for replacement browser.

Can anyone recommend a good ftp program? And a good resource for total noobs like me?

Thanks in advance for any help you all can provide.

Upvote 0
I got mine about a mounth ago, afther 1 day I made a bu-bu!!! I've send an sms to a wrong number, and now that sms keeps traing to resend it self for about 60 times a day. The problem is that may provaider keeps sending me back an sms that's telling me that the sms nr. Is wrong, that I should chance it. I can't find the sms anywere, there is no outbox, no sent folder, nothing. Please help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones