[Official] I Got My S4General

1. sugaman1

sugaman1 Active Member

I went to wal-mart today and they had one sitting on the shelf I asked if it was for sail the lady said it had to be checked in by a manager so she called one back and they checked it in receiving and then she sold it to me 168.08 and out the door I went..... :D

Advertisement
  2. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Congratulations on getting your S4. :D Let us know how you like it so far when you get the chance. :)
  3. Tsepz_GP

Tsepz_GP Well-Known Member Contributor

Got mine today to, 32GB Exynos, Black Mist, already stretching its legs with some benchmarks. :)
  4. MBM7881

MBM7881 Well-Known Member

I wish it were with Verizon lol.... I would be running to Walmart lol. Congratulations to you though!! How do you like it
  5. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Odd no sign of 32gb unless their own chipset. No sign anywhere of a Qualcomm version.
  6. sugaman1

sugaman1 Active Member

So far it's nice haven't played to much with it though I will when I get off work later today....
  7. dlphnfn

dlphnfn Well-Known Member

Picked mine up yesterday at Sprint. So far it's been great. The hardest part is moving from all the non sense (pun not intended) stuff from having 3 straight HTC phones. Couldn't hack touch wiz, so I went back to Holo launcher. Much better IMO.
    One other thing that is seemingly difficult is the physical button and no multi taking button... now I have the menu button back. :)
    Also... long press the home button will give you the multi tasking button for open apps.
  8. mills23

mills23 Well-Known Member

I think I saw somewhere that you can be in two apps at once, like reading a book in kindle and bidding in ebay looking at both at the same time! Is this true?
  9. Madmanden

Madmanden New Member

Yeah, that's called multi window. :)
  10. markyboy81

markyboy81 Well-Known Member

Yes but these 2 apps aren't compatible unless you install the mod
  11. mills23

I didn't necessarily mean those two but any app and ebay at the same time. What mod?
  12. markyboy81

markyboy81 Well-Known Member

There's a cool mod you can install that will allow you to use multiwindow with any app. I think you need to be rooted and I'm not sure whether the s4 is compatible at the moment. AFAIK eBay isn't compatible with multiwindow
  13. mills23

Well that blows! What's the point in having "multi window" if ya can't use it!
  14. speedlever

speedlever Well-Known Member

Picked up my Black Mist 16Gb GS4 today. Swapped out my GN2, somewhat reluctantly. But I'm liking the form factor of the GS4 better.

Edit: I had initial concerns about battery life, but phonedog.com's review seemed to indicate no issues in that regard.

My battery had about a 60% charge when I picked it up today. After 10 hours of sporadic use doing setup, phone calls, texting, etc. I still have 30% left. I'm pretty amazed if that turns out to be true going forward. In all fairness, I've been in wifi most of the time... probably 65-70% of the time.

Edit 2 on 2013.04.30: after 18 hours in service today (light service, a few texts, calls, and some light browsing and playing), I still have 71% remaining. I am impressed.

Edit 3: 2013.05.01: I left it on overnight, not plugged into the charger (my norm). When I checked it this morning the battery was down to 68%. I plugged it in to charge and it took right at one hour to bring it up to 100% charge.
    DHK7 and howbizah like this.
  15. SAL8116

SAL8116 Well-Known Member

Pics people, pics. Please.
  16. Punkrulz24

Punkrulz24 Active Member

I picked up the galaxy s4 16gb black yesterday. This is my first personal android phone as I'm coming from iPhone (my work phone is a galaxy nexus).

So far the phone is awesome but I'm concerned about the battery life. I've seen a few instances where I've seen it drop a good deal in a short time but I'm still keeping an eye. I'm sure I'll be posting some questions in this forum as I get the hang of things. ;)

Heres a SS from the phone (using Nova launcher)

Attached Files:

17. barryl85

barryl85 Well-Known Member

Got mine last night so retired the old White S3, it is a massive leap forward from the S3 - for those who say it isn't they are only talking about general look and feel, the actual functioning and tech is a massive leap in the right direction.

Loving it !
  18. Fozzy_bear

Fozzy_bear New Member

I received mine on Friday (via pre-order), coming from an Samsung Infuse I'm in heaven right now. I too am somewhat concerned about battery life as my Infuse would drain a battery in about 4-5 hours. So far the S4 is showing good results as far as the features (gestures) the phone came with some of them turned off so I watched a youtube video (How to set up and use Air View and Air Gestures on the Samsung Galaxy S 4 - YouTube) that showed me how to enable them and use them for the most part.

The only one that I was only able to use once and I haven't been able to engage since was eye scrolling. All the other's are pretty cool!

I wanted to wait to see what was the deal with the 32GB model but it appears to be MIA or a cruel joke!
  19. LookSir,Droids

LookSir,Droids Well-Known Member

I GOT MY GALAXY S4!!! US CELLULAR!!!

Only bummer about 16GB is out of the box it's actually 9.68GB after bloatware!! AWFUL!! How can they even legally advertise 16gb???? IT'S A CRIME!!!

64GB SD card here I come!
  20. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Because they advertise 16gb of storage, which it has.

They don't advertise 16gb of user storage. Every phone does this
    ScandaLeX likes this.
  21. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Well-Known Member

So I was sick of waiting around for a cheaper price and I went into the Sprint store today and got my Galaxy S4. It's pretty tight so far. Still getting used to it of course. The Sprint rep talked me into spending $30 for a case. I really didn't want to but if it decreases the chance of breaking it, I guess it's money well spent.

I upgraded from the Epic 4G and while I thought I'd miss my physical keyboard, the onscreen keyboard is actually really easy to type on. I just hope I hope I don't break the thing.
  22. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Ordered yesterday afternoon from T-Mobile. Arrived today.

[​IMG]

It got here so quick I haven't even gotten a case for it yet. It doesn't leave my home until I do.
    :D
  23. Razaroth

Razaroth Member

Ordered my Galaxy S4 on Saturday night. Got it Monday morning. Haven't put it down since.

16 GB Black, on the Sprint network. Absolutely fantastic machine. Threw a 32gb Team MicroSD in it just for good measure.

MAKE SURE to use the dropbox! Free 50gb account (2 years) with your S4. Tons of music just a touch away!
  24. 4Gee

4Gee Member

I picked my S4 up on Saturday morning AT&T black (16 Gb). My previous phone was an S2 Skyrocket which I had put a 64 Gb card in, so I just moved it into the S4. No comparison on battery life. The Skyrocket could not make it through a day at work without a charge. The S4 at 9 hours still has 64% battery life, so sweet! This phone is so fast and smooth, and it actually feels just right in the hand.
  25. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

That's taken up by the operating system. Not bloatware.