• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*** Official "I Got my X!" Pictures and Comments Thread***

On screen 2 you have your shortcuts for turning on/off wife, etc... Those look great! Way better than the stock moto ones. Where did you get those?

Holy shit, there's an app for that!?!? Tell me where to sign!

It's not an app, it's a widget that comes with the newer versions of Android.

Its called "Power control" on Android 2.1.

Upvote 0
On screen 2 you have your shortcuts for turning on/off wife, etc... Those look great! Way better than the stock moto ones. Where did you get those?

It's the stock power widget that comes with 2.1.

what weather widget is that? (the one with the time on it)

I just tried LauncherPro on my Eris...think I still prefer ADW....

It's the Beautiful Smaller Home widget that comes Beautiful Widgets.

Upvote 0
Airmaxx23, have you figured out how to switch from LP back to stock? I saw that you were having issues with this and was wondering if you eventually got it to work. Yes, I guess I've been stalking you...Just wanted to see how my LauncherPro home screen on the X could look! :D

I was able to use the Home Switcher app to switch back to the stock UI but even that doesn't do what it's supposed to do. You can set one UI as default so when you press home, and you're in the other UI, it is supposed to give you the option as to which UI to use. If I set the stock UI as default and press Home it takes me right to Launcher Pro. It really isn't a big deal since I like LP but I would like to be able to mess around with the stock one once in a while.

Upvote 0
Posting from my Droid X! Activated without a hitch and I stopped by Verizon just to make sure it was insured which it was. :)

Can you please check and see what software version you're running? Also go to the Market and search for "history eraser" and see if if shows up. It's one of the apps that does not show up for me when I search for it. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Can you check and see what software version you're running?

.514 and I checked to see if there was a software update and it said I was update to date.

I want .516!

Anyway here are some pics I snapped off. Currently putting all my music and pics on it.

DSC00759.jpg

DSC00769.jpg

DSC00770.jpg

Upvote 0
Ok, good, then it isn't just me. There are quite a few apps that are not showing up when I search for them so hopefully it will be updated on the 15th. I'm on .514 also. Where did you get your X from?

Got it from somebody who got it from the press conference last month.

Can you use the Motorola widgets in launcher pro? It only lets me use the regular widgets. :thinking:

Upvote 0
I heard about the guy on howardforums or whatever got the .516 update pushed to him. Wonder how that happened....

Anyway I'm loving the phone and all you waiting and having any doubts DON'T! The phone is the sex!

Funny I went into Best Buy and asked this hot chick working in the mobile department if they had any accessories and her eyes lit up. She was like "how the heck did you get one early?!" Before I could answer she started asking me how the battery life was and some other questions (by this point all the BB mobile employee's were gather around) and I responded with "I just activated it an hour and a half ago I honestly have no idea."

She's getting one and REALLY wanted to see mine but at the same time she wanted to be excited to get hers. I kept teasing her with it it was pretty funny. haha

Upvote 0
I heard about the guy on howardforums or whatever got the .516 update pushed to him. Wonder how that happened....

Anyway I'm loving the phone and all you waiting and having any doubts DON'T! The phone is the sex!

Funny I went into Best Buy and asked this hot chick working in the mobile department if they had any accessories and her eyes lit up. She was like "how the heck did you get one early?!" Before I could answer she started asking me how the battery life was and some other questions (by this point all the BB mobile employee's were gather around) and I responded with "I just activated it an hour and a half ago I honestly have no idea."

She's getting one and REALLY wanted to see mine but at the same time she wanted to be excited to get hers. I kept teasing her with it

it was pretty funny. haha

seems phones are becoming the new "car" to get womens` attention :)

dude!
u know we hanging on to every word u say...dont let us down! :)
could you let us know how the music, or should i say the sound or speakers are on it?
why not start your own thread on it. it`ll be your experience so...
IDK

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones