1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Official "I JUST ORDERED THE NEXUS 5!!!" ThreadGeneral

1. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Mine was in Coventry only 20 miles away at 2am this morning - come on!

Originally told shipping by the 8th.
  2. GingerRob

GingerRob Well-Known Member

'Loaded on van for delivery'

Knew i should have taken today off.
  3. CDPlant

CDPlant Let's dooo-ooo it Guide

Mine was 10 miles away at 2am as well, but Parcelforce delivered it at 9.45 this morning :D I was told it would be shipped between 1-3 days from now, so happy I got it early
  4. Lettuce

Lettuce Well-Known Member

Damn it must suck waiting for delivery! I was very lucky getting mine... Aware that Carphone Warehouse sell them unlocked/SIM-free for
  5. Biaviian

Biaviian Well-Known Member

Mine should be delivered Wednesday. That's good because I'm in Philly until Wednesday then I will be headed home. It would have killed me if it was delivered today or tomorrow and was waiting for me at my home.
  6. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Mine has an out for delivery status :D
  7. Shotlimesalt

Shotlimesalt Well-Known Member

My beautiful little bastard is on his way home to!!
  8. AndroidifyMe

AndroidifyMe Well-Known Member

Excited to hear when devices arrive today.
    Rxpert83 and Shotlimesalt like this.
  9. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Mine got to my city last night around 1:00AM , but likely won't go out for delivery until tomorrow
  10. Shotlimesalt

Shotlimesalt Well-Known Member

I'll be out most of the day so I will probably miss it..but I already wrote my note to leave that little thing at the door sign.. sealed, delivered! I'm yours! (Its a song)

Sorry I'm just excited! :D

*If my UPS tracking # says my phone has arrived while I am in class*

[​IMG]
  11. Gatman

Gatman Well-Known Member

Mine is out for delivery today, too. Going to be hard to concentrate now! Our kids have today off from school, so my wife will be there with them all day. Now I just need to stop refreshing the delivery status screen every 5 minutes and actually get some work done!
  12. AndroidifyMe

Really? Look out for an update. My experience with items hitting your city it usually goes out for delivery as well.
  13. Schex13

Schex13 Well-Known Member

All of the news of deliveries is exciting. I'm pumped to get mine in a few days. I've been leering at my GNex the last few days. This is especially true yesterday as I had about 15 mins of screen time and was down to 50% or so after 7 hours off the charger. Ugh....
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  14. AndroidifyMe

I think the software updates took a toll on that device. I notice devices that get updates like Apple devices after two years seem to be pretty much shot. I think Google has realized that and that's why KitKat has been able to utilize entry level phones with half a gig of ram. I did an experiment with my Nexus S a while ago and put in a 3000 batt and it ate through it like it was nothing. That phone was everything to me when it first came out. After tinkering with it, rooting, and then finally going back to bone stock it didn't make much of a difference.

Update: Just an unboxing of the Nexus 5 from a more casual YouTuber. I'm sure you all will be doing your own unboxings in a couple of hours ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viZhaEG-qco
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  15. Schex13

You think that's the case? I ROMed the heck out of my GNex and put more kernels on there as I can count. Bounced around from Lean to Trinity, to Franco, and more. I did notice that the more I fiddled with it, the battery life never improved.

I think I'll root, but leave my N5 stock for a while. Though, I don't know how long I can hold out...
  16. DrexelDragon

DrexelDragon Well-Known Member

HURRY UP UPS! Lol! Although once it's delivered, I have to wait for the front desk of my apartment complex to log it and email me before I can get it :/
  17. Rxpert83

I think it's that things now are just so much more efficient.

On our EVO 4Gs the standard of good battery life was 1% per hour that the thing was just sitting there in standby! :eek:

With the screen on, you could watch the battery tick down.

With current generation phones battery life is fantastic. On the EVO 4G LTE I could go to sleep with the phone at 100%, wake up 8-9 hours later and it would still be there.

Can't wait to see how the 800 performs on stock lean android.
  18. Rxpert83

Unfortunately its still showing Tuesday delivery, and its past the time that it usually would go out on the truck.

I'll hope the systems just behind, but keep my expectations tempered :)
  19. DrexelDragon

Go pick it up at the distribution center!
  20. AndroidifyMe

Personally I do think it can take a little toll on it, but I also think devices in general after several software updates start to show their age. iPhone's definitely. The "magical" iPhone 5S will be a horrible handset after two years from now I predict. Maybe even longer. That's just been my experience with some devices. I'm not gonna root my Note 3 or Nexus 5 ( I say that now ) and I'm gonna see how it holds up after a couple of years. I'm starting to see less and less reasons to root. It's just minor tweaks I can live without now. Unless there's a game changer.
    Schex13 likes this.
  21. DrexelDragon

I'm hoping someone makes a custom ROM that activates the always on listening part of the S800 for the Nexus 5. Still scratching my head at why Google decided against it.
    slyd likes this.
  22. Schex13

I'll just be excited to see unboxing videos by people who don't have Brittish accents. If only a US retailer sold them at normal prices... Hah.
  23. zipred

zipred Well-Known Member

Forget the unboxings, I'm eager to read your first impressions, observations and experiences :)

Give those of us still waiting something to get excited about :D

Thanks!
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  24. Rxpert83

zipred likes this.
  25. Gatman

Gatman Well-Known Member

Mine showed up at the house about 45 minutes ago. Just called wife to confirm and she said it wasn't there. She went and looked on the front porch, and it was sitting there behind a pot of mums. The UPS guy didn't even ring the bell (the dog would have barked if he had).

So for those of you in the USA wondering if a signature is required, it appears that it is not. I say appears, because as soon as I post this I bet someone comes on here and says they got the "yellow & brown post-in note of dread" saying the driver tried to deliver but no one was home.

~Gary