Official "I JUST ORDERED THE NEXUS 5!!!" ThreadGeneral

Last Updated: 2014-12-01 00:56:54
  1. morgankslade

morgankslade Well-Known Member

A lot of folks getting this phone today...UPS still hasn't got to me yet.

Advertisement
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

White 32gb. (The black phone only has 1 phone on the box. White phones have 2 on the box)

I ordered the case on Friday, but it didn't ship til Sunday
  3. shelliewnj

shelliewnj Well-Known Member

It's here. In just enough time for me to leave. Lol

Attached Files:

Rxpert83 likes this.
  4. mmoy

mmoy Well-Known Member

I would have it today with 2-day shipping.

Tomorrow is good enough.

I think.
  5. Rxpert83

You went with white too. Nice!

I'm pretty impressed with the phones speaker volume so far.

MUCH better than previous nexii
  6. morgankslade

morgankslade Well-Known Member

Finally....the 32 Black is here.
  7. Brian706

Brian706 Moderator Moderator

Mine was delivered about an hour ago!! Still at work though. :(
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  8. elemein

elemein Well-Known Member

My device left Maumee, OH (about an hour ago) while I live in Mississauga, ONT... You guys think it'll get here by tomorrow despite the expected delivery date to be Thursday? :eek:
  9. mmoy

mmoy Well-Known Member

Finally left the regional depot and on the way to the city where I work. That's cutting it really close.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  10. Brian706

Omg this thing is sexy! Finally got my paws on it. Still trying to adjust but it's blazing fast and the display is gorgeous.

Anyone rooted yet? I'm thinking about doing that now.
  11. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Finally got to play with mine. Already unlocked, haven't rooted yet though. Definitely going to take some getting use to size wise. I thought the Nexus 4 was pushing it. One handed use is almost completely out the door for me now.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  12. Muyfuerte

Muyfuerte New Member

Got mine monday, but I went to the sprint store and they couldn't activate it for me.. I have been looking for a sim card. Every sprint store I have been don't know how to activate this phone.. bleh!
  13. shelliewnj

Someone tell me, it is a phone, right? I have no contacts aside from useless google+ ones because no one I know in real life is on Google +, and I can't seem to get a text thru! Oh, the learning curve! Lol
  14. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

What many of us do is sync our contacts with Google. If you go to you gmail on the browser and start adding contacts on there, it should sync with your device. Then if you ever change devices for warranty or upgrading, they will auto sync over.
  15. shelliewnj

Trying to figure that out now lol.
  16. Rxpert83

Just make sure when you add contacts they're stored as Google contacts. After that they'll always restore as soon as you sign into your Google account, on any device.
  17. shelliewnj

Maybe I should have made my own thread. anyway I changed all the contacts in my old phone to Google contacts. I sent it to sync automatically. How long will it take before they are visible on the new phone ?
  18. Rxpert83

If you go to into your Google account sync settings on your old phone, and uncheck and then recheck the sync box it'll backup your contacts to the cloud right then and there.

If you repeat that checking and unchecking on the N5 it should come up with them.
    shelliewnj likes this.
  19. amarie82

amarie82 Guides Guide

It can take up to 5 min if you have added the gmail and its all syncing.
    shelliewnj likes this.
  20. Brian706

All rooted. Getting some of my apps restored! Still trying to get used to the button layout. Old habits die hard.
  21. Schex13

Schex13 Well-Known Member

After all my work, finally got my new N5 up and running. I was a bit concerned as it didn't have any decals on the side or top as I saw on others.

Bootloader is unlocked and it's downloading apps. yay!

Question: How can I change the quick toggles in the settings drop down? I thought I saw something about it, but I don't remember. Or, is that just a ROM thing still. Any help appreciated!
  22. bvo26

bvo26 Member

Hrmm.. can't get mine activated on t-mobile's prepaid site. Keep getting this message at the end.

We
  23. ccsmoker

ccsmoker Active Member

Just ordered a black 32 gb.
  24. shelliewnj

Only the white had the decals on top and sides. I do believe that you can't change the toggles without root.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  25. mmoy

mmoy Well-Known Member

A lot of people are going to get this today:

"Out For Delivery"

UPS status. They got it to our city in about 30 minutes from the regional facility. I'm expecting it at my office sometime this afternoon and then I'm going to go over to the AT&T Store to get a Micro-SIM for it. I don't think that I can update the phone in the office because our WiFi has a password and I can't get to it without connecting to a web page - but that doesn't work in the Nexus setups that I've done in the past. I might have to wait until I'm home to set it up.