• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official "I JUST ORDERED THE NEXUS 5!!!" Thread

Just ordered my white 32GB for use on Straight Talk with ATT. It better work! Coming off of Sprint that I've had since forever. Where's the 4G love Sprint??? No? Suck it!
Finally getting rid of my E4GT (Galaxy S2) that has been rooted and rom'd for so long I don't remember what it once was like. But now, I'm done with ROMing. I want pure google nirvana!

Just in case you get back into rooting and all that, the Nexus is the best phone to do so.

Upvote 0
The whatty what what?

Couldn't agree more...

Ordered 32GB (black, of course) an hour and a half after release, in the UK, no problems.
I just want to thank all of you for the very entertaining pre release thread, which I've followed regularly, and today every ten minutes, ok, five. Not a very productive day..
I don't doubt for a moment that the 5 will be anything other than fabulous, as my 4 was until I got it rather wet.
Seriously, who would buy an iphone 5s (32GB) at

Upvote 0
I got one of each (so 4 in total). Three are spoken for. I couldn't decide between white and black so I got one of each for myself and will decide what to do with the extra once they arrive. One says it will ship by the 5th but the other 3 say "pre-ordered". I called Google to see what was going on and they assured me that all four will ship by November 5th since they were on the same order. I doubt that is assured but who am I to argue?!? I hope they are right and the other three aren't stuck in Nexus limbo because I could always cancel the order and place it again to get it shipped by November 8th.

Upvote 0
Of course on Halloween! While all the adults are taking their kids trick or treating, SOB's! Actually, caught it 4 hrs after the cat was let outta the bag. Was having an AWEFUL day from before sunrise to sunset (less than 3 hrs. of sleep-first H2O that I don't wanna do a gd thing) --not getting into it... google came through in the clutch. It was the first good news all day- can sleep well now. :goodnight:

Oh yeah, I thought it went without saying, but forgot to mention: got the 32gb black. Been saving up for this one since my birthday from May! I've had options come along since then, but decided to hold out for the nexus5. (yup, the rumors go back to before then) So glad I did. Never spent 400$ on a phone before. Most I ever spent was 100, on a LG Motion 4g. Did the trick for about a year. My girl's getting the motion - Solid phone! Display is kinda shity, and tech is definitely out-dated, but it's quite a beast in its own right, especially with the fine work the devs on their forum did with LOKI and the Freedom Kernel. (Never got their CM10 gps to work for me, so I had a highly customized stock ics.-- again, thanks to the freedom kernel it might as well have been jb.) Glad the old phone's staying in the fam, but uber psyched for the N5.

Upvote 0
I ordered a black 32GB one about 20 minutes after 2pm EST. Good thing too, because I've had no time to myself since.

I flubbed the shipping-- after my experience with my Nexus 4 (which I didn't succeed in getting when it first came out), I was blazing through, clicking. I managed to make sure I got a 32 GB, but I missed that there were shipping options (I had the impression that before it was always 2 day), so I ended up with 3-5 day. It's possible I could get CS to change it, but have decided not to mess with the order). 3 day from Lexington, KY may be close to 2 day anyway.

I'm just thrilled my order went through. :D

Upvote 0
I ordered a black 32GB one about 20 minutes after 2pm EST. Good thing too, because I've had no time to myself since.

I flubbed the shipping-- after my experience with my Nexus 4 (which I didn't succeed in getting when it first came out), I was blazing through, clicking. I managed to make sure I got a 32 GB, but I missed that there were shipping options (I had the impression that before it was always 2 day), so I ended up with 3-5 day. It's possible I could get CS to change it, but have decided not to mess with the order). 3 day from Lexington, KY may be close to 2 day anyway.

I'm just thrilled my order went through. :D

I did the same thing as you. The CS agents actually can't change it; I asked twice. Both people said that I would have to cancel the order and place it again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones