Official "I JUST ORDERED THE NEXUS 5!!!" ThreadGeneral

1. tchen811

tchen811 Well-Known Member

What size and color did you order? I have a feeling they are shipping the 16GB first.
  2. DrexelDragon

DrexelDragon Well-Known Member

16 GB Black.
  3. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-) VIP Member

It almost looks like the few that shipped are 16GB. My 32 GB one is "Leave the Warehouse Nov 5th." I hate waiting, but okay as long as they do what they sauy and don't wait longer. Could be we'll see more shipped tomorrow.
  4. Biaviian

Biaviian Well-Known Member

If it is the same as the N4 then it is a complete crap shoot. I had to have had one of the first N4s ordered and mine came 3 weeks after most people got theirs. My N10 took over two weeks to get to me after it said it was shipped so not only is the shipping order illogical but the status isn't necessarily accurate. It took two weeks for the N10 to be shipped after the tracking number was created.

Google is great at many things but HORRIBLE at logistics/sales and distribution.
  5. DrexelDragon

Well that's BS if I don't get a shipping confirmation tonight or tomorrow, hopefully Best Buy will have them in and I'll try there.
  6. DrexelDragon

I wonder if they are done shipping for the night?
  7. Gatman

Gatman Well-Known Member

Not sure if it makes a difference or not, but I made sure my shipping address and credit card were up to date several days ago. I also "verified" my account on the Play Store. I have no idea if that matters or not, but it's the only thing I can think of at this point.

Says it shipped from Mountainview, and I am in Ohio. I saw someone who said theirs shipped from KY...you'd think they would have shipped mine from there, no?
  8. Brian706

Brian706 Moderator Moderator

Mountain View Kentucky I assume. ;)
  9. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-) VIP Member

The receipt says "purchased from Mountain View." That's Google in Mountainview, CA. However, at least for me in VA, anything I've ordered from Google the past few years has shipped from Lexington, KY. I don't know if that is regional or not.
  10. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

I think all of the receipts show mountain view. That's just Google HQ
  11. btmosley72

btmosley72 Member

I could not order mine today. I will probably have to buy it from the local T-Mo store if it is like last years wait time. :( oh well.
  12. DC IT

DC IT Well-Known Member

White 32GB.:D
    Leave warehouse on 22 Nov '13:mad:

Meanwhile I've to put up with my Note 1.:eek:

I almost got the Note 3 but decided to wait for the N5 and am glad I did.
  13. mmoy

mmoy Well-Known Member

I ordered a 32 GB Black this afternoon. I saw an email from a financial site and went to the Play Store and was disappointed that the 16 GB models were out of stock so I got a 32 GB model. This will be for my wife replacing a flip-phone. It's also going to be her music player and probably a lot of other things.

I've been waiting for this for a while. Next up: which case to get?

My wife has AT&T Prepaid at $100/year. All I have to do is go to the AT&T Store to get the new format SIM and put it in her phone.
  14. Gatman

Gatman Well-Known Member

Yep...I just looked at the receipt again more closely. It's not a "shipped from" address. My bad.

All the excitement of the day has me worn out. Just ordered my SIM card. Now over to Amazon to get a case and then off to bed (where I will catch up on all these fun forum posts!)
  15. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Do they charge for regular shipping?
  16. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Yup

Difference between the 2 is about $5
  17. DrexelDragon

I extracted all the Ringtones/Notifications/APKs from the Nexus 5 if anyone wants them!

EDIT: Nexus 5 Image
  18. AndroidifyMe

AndroidifyMe Well-Known Member

People who were able to order it early or as soon as it was live, I don't think you should cancel your order or go to BestBuy just because it hasn't said shipped yet. If it still said by or before Nov 5 shipping, then that's around the corner.
  19. AndroidifyMe

Loving Hangouts
  20. DrexelDragon

Nope, I have a bunch of Nexus 5 APKs running on my Nexus 4!
  21. jamjr74

jamjr74 Well-Known Member

Love my s4 on Verizon but I am a phone junkie and needed the nexus 5. Grabbed a 32gb black. I'll try a test run on T-Mobile before porting my number but kinda sick of Verizon's practices. Last on updates and the lack updates, no unlimited data and of course their refusal to carry the nexus line.
  22. elemein

elemein Well-Known Member

Mine says from Toronto, but I'm Canadian, so thats probably why :p
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  23. AndroidifyMe

Just for a heads up when you get your Nexus 5 and starting using Hangouts, your circle contacts will show up from Google+ within the app, but you can hide individual contacts. So not a big deal.
  24. AndroidifyMe

Yea, not sure why I said that. I'm running the Hangouts app now.
  25. DrexelDragon

Check this ish out.

[​IMG]