• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official "I JUST ORDERED THE NEXUS 5!!!" Thread

WTF no offense but how do they determine this? I ordered at 2:01 EDT and I haven't gotten crap..

If it is the same as the N4 then it is a complete crap shoot. I had to have had one of the first N4s ordered and mine came 3 weeks after most people got theirs. My N10 took over two weeks to get to me after it said it was shipped so not only is the shipping order illogical but the status isn't necessarily accurate. It took two weeks for the N10 to be shipped after the tracking number was created.

Google is great at many things but HORRIBLE at logistics/sales and distribution.

Upvote 0
WTF no offense but how do they determine this? I ordered at 2:01 EDT and I haven't gotten crap..

Not sure if it makes a difference or not, but I made sure my shipping address and credit card were up to date several days ago. I also "verified" my account on the Play Store. I have no idea if that matters or not, but it's the only thing I can think of at this point.

Says it shipped from Mountainview, and I am in Ohio. I saw someone who said theirs shipped from KY...you'd think they would have shipped mine from there, no?

Upvote 0
I ordered a 32 GB Black this afternoon. I saw an email from a financial site and went to the Play Store and was disappointed that the 16 GB models were out of stock so I got a 32 GB model. This will be for my wife replacing a flip-phone. It's also going to be her music player and probably a lot of other things.

I've been waiting for this for a while. Next up: which case to get?

My wife has AT&T Prepaid at $100/year. All I have to do is go to the AT&T Store to get the new format SIM and put it in her phone.

Upvote 0
I think all of the receipts show mountain view. That's just Google HQ

Yep...I just looked at the receipt again more closely. It's not a "shipped from" address. My bad.

All the excitement of the day has me worn out. Just ordered my SIM card. Now over to Amazon to get a case and then off to bed (where I will catch up on all these fun forum posts!)

Upvote 0
Love my s4 on Verizon but I am a phone junkie and needed the nexus 5. Grabbed a 32gb black. I'll try a test run on T-Mobile before porting my number but kinda sick of Verizon's practices. Last on updates and the lack updates, no unlimited data and of course their refusal to carry the nexus line.

Upvote 0
Check this ish out.

HeFXMsP.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones