• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official "I JUST ORDERED THE NEXUS 5!!!" Thread

It doesn't actually work properly, whenever you try to do a Google Search, it crashes but still completes the search in the background. It's strange.

Long press the home screen, select Settings. Select Voice. Select Language to change the default. Change to another language, Like English - UK. Hit Home. Do a Google Search. Repeat & change it back to English - US. Fix.. sort of. You'll get results, but it crashes afterwards.

Upvote 0
It was mentioned earlier to provide details and I've been away from a computer since it shipped, my apologies...

I ordered the 16GB white with the 2 day shipping option - after I saw the difference in 2 day verses the longer, I laughed and picked the 2 day. My order was right at the time it went live (order says Oct 31, 2013 1:03:36 PM CDT) and it shipped at 4:54pm CST). The order status still says "Ships by November 5th, 2013" but the email is all about how the order shipped and gave me a tracking number and everything.

Hopefully many many many others have gotten their shipping emails!

I also must say that I came to AF long ago for support on what I liked to call my "pebble" phone the LG Motion 4G. That little bastard, for how cheap it was, was the single hardest thing to unlock/root and find an even usable rom for. I was spoiled leaving the GNex even though I had one through Verizon. Anyway, moving on. The support on these pages is amazing and I hate to gush but from there I went to the S3 support for the Metro CDMA pages. FINALLY got a user name and posted.

Here's the kicker, I had been lurking on XDA during this whole N5 craze and it was like a loony bin over there. So came over here for some sense of mature, rational and quite enjoyable discourse while we all went tried to suppress the utter insanity that is waiting for Google to release this ******* thing. I felt like a kid waiting for Christmas morning every night for the past two months. I'm going to have to explain to my boss why I refreshed the Google Play (and AF) website about 300 times today.

SO, my point... You all rock. Thank you for contributing to what has consistently proven to be an ace android community.

Upvote 0
It was mentioned earlier to provide details and I've been away from a computer since it shipped, my apologies...

I ordered the 16GB white with the 2 day shipping option - after I saw the difference in 2 day verses the longer, I laughed and picked the 2 day. My order was right at the time it went live (order says Oct 31, 2013 1:03:36 PM CDT) and it shipped at 4:54pm CST). The order status still says "Ships by November 5th, 2013" but the email is all about how the order shipped and gave me a tracking number and everything.

Hopefully many many many others have gotten their shipping emails!

I also must say that I came to AF long ago for support on what I liked to call my "pebble" phone the LG Motion 4G. That little bastard, for how cheap it was, was the single hardest thing to unlock/root and find an even usable rom for. I was spoiled leaving the GNex even though I had one through Verizon. Anyway, moving on. The support on these pages is amazing and I hate to gush but from there I went to the S3 support for the Metro CDMA pages. FINALLY got a user name and posted.

Here's the kicker, I had been lurking on XDA during this whole N5 craze and it was like a loony bin over there. So came over here for some sense of mature, rational and quite enjoyable discourse while we all went tried to suppress the utter insanity that is waiting for Google to release this ******* thing. I felt like a kid waiting for Christmas morning every night for the past two months. I'm going to have to explain to my boss why I refreshed the Google Play (and AF) website about 300 times today.

SO, my point... You all rock. Thank you for contributing to what has consistently proven to be an ace android community.

Happy for ya

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Really annoying sooo many people ordered after me and I've yet to get a shipping confirmation. I never get lucky :/

I didn't either but it's alright. It'll be here in a few days. Maybe less. When you order anything it takes time to catch up with the status sometimes. Also, after all the waiting everyone has done after countless rumors, we finally purchased one of our own :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones