Official I received my Cliq thread..

Last Updated:

1. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member This Topic's Starter

If you got your cliq post it here... and let us know what your take on it is....

Got mine today... snapped a few pics.... i'll write up a review after ive had a few hours to play with it...........

not really a review but some nice features....

1) camera auto fixes pictures to be saved in the right perspective meaning if you have the phone upside down it still saves the picture right side up...

2) you have the option to use a lock code or lock patter for the lock screen...

3) you have the ability to add, delete and manipulate any of the accounts you use in blur (which can be bypassed by only using your gmail) if you want a Vanilla Android

4) 5 home screens stock..

5) Text messaging is by far the best ive used... im adding some pics

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Bleargh

Bleargh Member

Got mine earlier today. Too soon to be in depth, but overall my first impression is very good. Coming from a BB8900/iPhone combo it's nice to only have one phone in my pocket :)

3. noonehereyet

I'm coming from a G1 myself and must say the performance difference is VERY noticeable... which is surprising since they have the same processor....

4. noonehereyet

Ok so anyone who has a cliq do not use MyBackupPro to reinstall apps... it wont work and you will be forced to do a factory reset...

steps to do a factory rest -

1) Power on holding power and camera button
    2) When you get to the bootloader hold down the volume down button until you get to the recovery screen
    3) Alt+L to Display
    4) Alt+W to wipe
    5)reboot

5. LazyJoeJr

LazyJoeJr New Member

Thanks for the images! They were exactly what I was looking for :D

6. noonehereyet

If you say so.....

7. wisejoshua

wisejoshua Member

Sooooo I got my CLIQ last Tuesday, any other T-Mobile USA customers recieve theirs yet?

8. Bleargh

Bleargh Member

9. dj_hollygrove

dj_hollygrove New Member

Well I have had my cliq since last Thursday so about a full week now I have had it.. and I love it!!! But... I wish it was a wait to put custom roms on here.. We need to figure that out ASAP

10. noonehereyet

It is being worked on just not ready yet....

11. sharingheart777

sharingheart777 New Member

i ordered mine last friday they said i would receive it by the 9th of november.. but i havent received the text or email with tracking info and nothing is showing on ups yet hopefully tomorrow (monday) i should get something..

12. BORIStheBLADE

BORIStheBLADE Well-Known Member

I got mine monday and like it a lot. Its my first android.

13. ZeroOveride

ZeroOveride Well-Known Member

Been an iPhone user for the last 3 years and can't wait to play with this. Trying the CLIQ and T-Mobile for the 14 days and If I like I will fully switch. I remember the good old days of Motorola of Modding there phones so I am excited.

14. noonehereyet

well for modding purposes the G1 and MT3G are your best bet for right now as the cliq has yet to be rooted......... but i love mine (although i kept my g1)

15. ZeroOveride

ZeroOveride Well-Known Member

With this only being out I don't expect it to be modable this soon.

16. noonehereyet

Yeah just making sure you were aware that itll probably be a month or so before the fun begins... and that updates for the cliq will come from Moto not google and at a MUCH slower pace....

17. NiNi

NiNi G1/Cliq Guide

got mine last night after work, although i had the OS on the G1 but sooooooo much faster now lol

18. jasnmb

jasnmb Well-Known Member

for those who previously had a myTouch 3G, how does the Cliq's responsiveness compare to MT3G? Do you miss anything from android 1.6 that the Cliq does not have? Do you miss the larger MT3G screen?

I'm looking to upgrade to from a Razr to either the MT3G or the Cliq, and I primarily want to make sure I get the one that is the most responsive and has the best battery life.

19. tom804

tom804 New Member

Okay I just picked up my cliq and I have no idea where to start. Does anyone has any suggestions? I also wanted to know should I drain the battery completely first or charge completely then drain?

20. noonehereyet

Charge it completely then drain to about 10% and charge completely again.... I get about 14 - 16 hours of battery life with pretty solid use.......

21. marstodd

marstodd Active Member

Can someone look at a new Cliq initial free memory for me and post it? Thanks!

22. keebs29

keebs29 Active Member

I received my Cliq about a week ago coming off a blackberry 8350i from Nextel. Must say, getting used to it, but, it's really annoying when i hang up a call, i still see the phone icon in the upper left corner. I need to find a way to make my life easier around this brand new device. I love it so far. Just have to get used to the keyboard and the "touch". :)

23. bikedogrun

bikedogrun Well-Known Member

I switched just 2 weeks ago from a MT3G to the Cliq (loving it!).

The Cliq does seem more responsive. Could have been an app or widget, but I did have slowdowns and stutters on the MT3G, I have honestly not seen that at all on the Cliq. I don't notice the screen being different or smaller, it really is such a tiny difference as to not be noticeable.

I believe (hope?) 1.6 will come to the Cliq in the next 30-60 days, but the main thing I miss; perhaps small, is that on 1.6 you can have separate volume settings for the ringer volume and the notification (emails etc) volume while it seems that on 1.5 it is a common setting for both so I've had to make my ringer volume just a tad softer than I might so the emails arriving volume is not too loud.

Otherwise; I "strongly" prefer the Cliq and I really like the keyboard...

/BD :cool:

24. newell79

newell79 Member

Two complaints. They keyboard, I like the one on my G1 way better. It's a pain in the *ss having to hit the shift key before you can enter numbers. And a smaller complaint, I miss the trackball that my G1 had. However, I am getting used to the d-pad, and it should come in handy for games (emulators... nes/snes). Other than that I'm loving the cliq. Speed seems to be great. Taskiller acts kind of weird. If anybody else has had problems using taskiller on the cliq please let me know. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

25. heavenleigh87

heavenleigh87 New Member

Got my cliq yesterday leaving behind a MT3G and G1 and so far love it and really haven't had anywhere close to all the probs I have heard about. Touch screen is super a lil sensitive at times but no biggie and it ten times better than my MT3G. I love the keyboard and motoblur is a beautiful add on in my opinion. Camera takes great pics still wish it had a flash though. Over all it is a great phone so far haven't had really any probs except one dead spot and just had to open and close keyboard and haven't had problem since. I really think this is a good phone just waiting to see what happens as far as updates are concerned but I'm planning on keeping it so far.