• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official "I still have my Incredible with no problems" thread

Still have my Dinc that from day one release. Being my first smartphone it has really set my expectations on my next phone and other than the Rezound, nothing is calling out to me (at least until the Incredible 4G is announced offically). After I got mine, I even managed to convince a colleague and his wife, and a buddy's father in law to get one (go figure all of them have upgraded since).

I guess since my area doesn't have 4G LTE yet is one advantage that's not pushing me to upgrade (Binghamton, NY).

Overall the Dinc has been nothing short of 'incredible' and the only thing I've got for it were screen protectors and I don't know how many times I've dropped it on hard surfaces like concrete and asphalt and STILL works. Had a *gasp* moment a few weeks ago after I dropped it on CARPET and I lost sound from my external speaker but after a half hour, the sound worked like nothing happened.

I've been rooted shortly before VZW pushed out Gingerbread and after bouncing between various roms, feel in love with CM. Even tried a few ICS roms and the phone performed really well performance wise.

Until more info on the new Inc 4G comes out, I'm sticking with my current one.

Upvote 0
I'm still here too - still holding onto my Incredible, still unrooted, and it's still pretty.

I've thrown over sense and am using GoLauncher though, and I adore the customizations I've put into place. I'm still hoping one of the new HTCs makes it to Verizon under another name and totally blows me away, as I've got one last NE2 and I want to use it on something *good*.

Maybe that HTC Fireball that's rumored to be the next great Incredible... maybe that will be it for me.

Upvote 0
I'm still here too - still holding onto my Incredible, still unrooted, and it's still pretty.

I've thrown over sense and am using GoLauncher though, and I adore the customizations I've put into place. I'm still hoping one of the new HTCs makes it to Verizon under another name and totally blows me away, as I've got one last NE2 and I want to use it on something *good*.

Maybe that HTC Fireball that's rumored to be the next great Incredible... maybe that will be it for me.
You can join in the fun here:
http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-incredible-4g/520980-i-have-incredible-4g-hand.html

Upvote 0
I only wish the battery would last longer. Every once in a while I think about switching, just for that reason, but I think I should see if I can find any tips first. Anyone?
Root and install Cyanogenmod. :p

If you don't feel comfortable rooting, you can do a factory reset. This will return your phone to the state it was when you first took it out of the box so remember to back up any data prior.

Hard Reset - DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC

Upvote 0
I just pulled mine out of the washer on Sunday (OOPS!) and thought I would have to use my last NE2 to get something I don't genuinely want. Instead, I took it apart, pulled the board, pulled the screen, took the air compressor to it, slapped it back together, and....works like a charm (plus it's squeaky clean!).

I've never used a case and have had some pretty epic drops, but this thing loves life too much to go out like that. My battery life has always been pretty darn good. No software/hardware hiccups. Still loving CM. Actually, the only flaw is...it has set the bar so freaking high for whatever my next phone might be.

Come to think of it, since it seems to be impervious to impact and water, I might just grab some duct tape and mount it on my bikes/cars like a Go Pro once it finally does retire :driver:

Upvote 0
im tempted to root. oddly i didnt really have the desire to root until i saw that the inc4 and the galaxy were pending.

other than that, only an occasional browser crash is all i can complain about.

May 10th is suppose to be the launch of the Inc 4G. I hope the price isn't what people are saying. $249.00 is what the word is. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Have no idea why Verizon is being so quiet and poky about this. All the specs are out, there are cases out, come on already!!

Upvote 0
Typing this on my extremely reliable, high performance HTC Incredible. I remember that day in April where I refreshed the FedEx tracking site every 5 minutes and actually drove out to the distribution center to pick up the phone before they delivered it. This thing is a beast. Build quality is, in my opinion, second to none. I run all my music through Amazon and Google cloud, I've read at least 10 books on the Kindle app, and sent thousands of emails over the last two+ years. This phone sets the bar.

Upvote 0
Still using mine and love it. I am currently waiting for the Inc 4g to arrive if I don't like it I will wait for the new iphone (4") if I don't like that I will keep my original Inc. It still does everything I need it to do. I think 4" is the sweet spot and 4g would be nice.

Check out this....right now Verizon is showing a Certified Pre-Owned Original Inc on their website. They are selling it for $429.99 retail or free with 2 yr contract.

This is pretty impressive that our phones still list for this much if you purchase out of contract.

I must say my original Inc has served me well, I'm now wondering if anything "can" take it's place or superceded my expectations. :love:

Upvote 0
still using my original Incredible from day one of the release..never had a single problem with it. I ordered the google nexus when it was released...but returned it within an hour of owning it. I am tempted by the upcoming Inc 4g...but we'll see.

Still using mine also. Got the Rezound and returned it after 2 days. Also was excited about the Inc 4G, but with the slow release, my excitement is running low. My Inc still does everything I need it to.

Upvote 0
I'm still using a Droid Incredible & love it! I actually just bought mine locally on Craigslist in December for $75.

I had originally wanted the Incredible when I was getting my upgrade in July 2010 but they were on a long backorder due to the amoled screen shortages they had then. I ended up getting a Droid X instead & liked it a lot, but always wished it was a bit smaller. About 9 months ago I really wanted to start flashing ROMs & found a lot that I liked for the DX, but wanted to get a phone with a bootloader that I could unlock. I found my DInc on Craigslist 6 months ago, rolled it back to Froyo, rooted it, unlocked the bootloader, & the rest is history.

I actually much prefer it to my DInc & haven't reactivated my DX for more than a few days since I bought this phone even though there are some things that I miss from my DX (multicolor LED, stronger 3g & Wifi radio, better battery life).

I'm eligible for upgrade again now but will probably just hold out for a while & see what's coming later this summer or fall but when I do, I know that I am going to hold onto my DInc as a backup & sell my DX. :D

Upvote 0
I'm currently running unofficial CM9 nightlies as my daily, and other than the lack of video recording (which I used twice to test and show it off) I miss nothing. Now I'm too late to grandfather unlimited data! So why would I let it go before it dies?
And when it does, as all things do, I'm hoping Sprint has their 4G act together. I can wait. I'm happy as a clam with the "new" phone I enjoy each time I experiment with a new ROM.
Root is bliss.

Upvote 0
I've had mine for about a year and a half. I really don't need/want anything bigger; the screen is beautiful; and the camera blows everything else out of the water. (I have had to do a factory reset a couple of times, because of the memory issue, but I don't see anything out there I'd want to trade it in for. My daughter recently switched to CredoMobile, and I've been considering it, but none of the phones they have really compares to my Incredible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones