***Official "I will have my Droid X in my hands at such and such date" thread***

Last Updated:

1. what29

what29 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was able to get a droid x on ebay, item number 330446231591, from a reputable seller. already have tracking showing it should be here monday and will post my real world thoughts here. Already listed my Dinc which ends shortly. As far as i have seen this was the first droid x sold on ebay, i know there is another one listed but it does not end for 2 days.

I was going to sell my dinc when the droid x released anyways and i anticipated it being 600 so this way i got it a little cheaper than i had thought when you figure in tax. anyone else getting thier hands on one early?

Pic Links

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

How much did you pay for it? The 2nd one is already at $650

3. benjiedude

benjiedude Well-Known Member

Nice. I don't know if I'd pay more than $500 for this phone though. As it is I'm only doing a 1 year contract so i can get the better, FF camera, LTE 2+Ghz phones coming next year.

4. what29

599 plus 15 shipping which it shipped out today and i will have it monday. it had a buy it now price 599. i was the 24th person to view it and checked his feedback and record. i withdrew all the money in my paypal account so i could pay for the entire purchase with my cc so if there was any trouble i could dispute it easier with the cc than paypals joke of a system. While i dont have it yet, everything seems up and up, the seller emailed me right away and gave me the tracking within a couple hours.

Selling my Dinc so paying a difference of about 100 for a new phone. When my contract is up next year i will upgrade again. Already had the iphone 3gs, nexus one, dinc and now DX since Jan 1 cant get enough

5. damstr

damstr Well-Known Member

I'm currently bidding on the other one on eBay! Hopefully I remain the highest bidder. :)

6. what29

nice up damstr, like i said, i dont have it yet but it seems legit so far. good luck, glad i got mine at 599 cause i knew it would not last

7. Phantom_LS2

Phantom_LS2 Well-Known Member

How are these people selling a phone that isn't released yet?

8. what29

his auction says he was at the motorola dev show and like the evo show, they gave them out

9. what29

damstr, if you want shoot me a message on my website monday, the link is below, and i will let you know if everything went well so incase there are issues i can let you know before you pay him. I will try to post my thoughts here too but i may be too busy playing also

10. rootedEris

rootedEris Banned

Congratulations!!!

11. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

What are the chances a dev Droid X has different firmware, or doesn't have the final build quality since it's not the "production" units? Personally I'd be too worried and would rather buy from Verizon.

12. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Verizon and Motorola said that they were pre-release devices... as in NOT the final product.

Edit: Forgot that it was a software issue. Nevermind! It should be fixed!

13. what29

highly unlikely if it is anything like the evos that were given away, these should be final builds, maybe the firmware will be upgraded but that is a non issue since they will just do an ota if there are changes. not anything that i am concerned about. companies arent going to change the hardware 2 weeks prior to launch

14. damstr

damstr Well-Known Member

Sounds good man. I'm hoping for no issues but you never know. Hopefully no one bids any higher!

I will be getting insurance on it in case anything is wrong but I highly doubt there will be. All the video reviews you are seeing are the same device which are dev units I'm pretty sure and no one said anything about build quality.

Verizon knew people would be reviewing these particular units maybe these are the ones built REALLY well! :p Fat chance. haha

15. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

How do you get insurance for a phone you bought on eBay?

16. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

they let u get insurance the same that verizon offers you can get even if you buy a phone on ebay. Ive done it and they let me get insurance

17. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Yeah idk i would be a little weary to buy one of there when they arent released especially for that much when they may be less than that full retail when they are released. I can wait another few weeks

18. Garemlin

Garemlin Well-Known Member

Too risky just to be one of the first IMO.

And I too dunno how you got insurance on it either. I was always told if you buy a used phone or buy second-hand that you can't insure it.

19. damstr

damstr Well-Known Member

I've done it before but maybe things have changed since then I'll find out soon enough...hopefully. :confused:

20. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

I've done it before too but who knows Im due for an upgrade anyway so i will just be using that and already have insurance

damstr likes this.
  21. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Good luck and keep us posted on the update when you get the phone. I really hope everything turns out okay for your sake.

22. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

Those phones are supposed to be returned to Verizon.

23. damstr

damstr Well-Known Member

How do you know this?

24. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

I saw a unboxing video by a reviewer and the first thing in the box was instructions for returning the phone to Verizon.

25. theineffablebob

theineffablebob Well-Known Member

The pre-release units don't have final software on them. The retail units might, but if not, an OTA update will be pushed out.