***Official Ice Cream Sandwich Discussion Thread***General

1. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

I'm wondering if today's announcement from MOTOROLA concerning projected schedule of updates to ICS is a direct result of GOOGLE's just announced OK from the US & EU to buy MOTOROLA.

Coincidence?Hmmmmm...........

Either way,things are looking better for us MO PHO's, & MOTOHEADS in general.

Now,if the MO PHO & LAPDOCK 500 has an update in the meantime for 100% compatibility from MOTO,all would be well in the universe....... :p (At least in my little corner of it). :)
  2. busted bones

busted bones Well-Known Member

Rooting as soon as CM9 is sorted and stable with everything working.
  3. KOLIO

I'll see ya over @ XDA soon,4-7 months before we see anything from GOOGOROLA.
  4. busted bones

busted bones Well-Known Member

I already have an account over there but rarely use it. I was rooted on the Photon for awhile but when they came out with an update for the bugs I was having I just accepted it and lost root. I was watching them get CM7.2 ready forget photon for awhile but lost interest as soon as they said they were doing CM9.
  5. burgertime

burgertime Well-Known Member

CoachEVO, simcha, ORD84 and 2 others like this.
  6. burgertime

Damn just saw this post and made a double post d'oh! Good to see we will be getting it by July though.
  7. KOLIO

I hope July is the date,but,the original & latest update from MOTOROLA only states Q3 2012 as a release window for the PHOTON, & not a specific month.

Nowhere in this article is a source cited for the July 2012 release date.

Not trying to be a pessimist,or anything of that nature.Just don't want anyone getting their hopes up for JULY 2012 to come & go & be disappointed/upset w/MOTOROLA if ICS isn't on our phones by then.
  8. rdsiam

rdsiam Member

I hope I'm not the only mofo that doesn't want ICS on my MoPho.
  9. KOLIO

Why wouldn't you want ICS to replace GINGERBREAD?

Just curious.........
  10. burgertime

Hmmm wondering where they are getting July from? That's some strong wording used.

11. KOLIO

SLASHGEAR has edited their original quote to reflect Q3 2012 as the release window.
    I'm guessing they got bombarded w/requests for info conformation links regarding their original JULY 2012 ICS party.
  12. burgertime

Ah been busy at work and didn't have a chance to read it. Thanks for the info.
  13. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Well, technically speaking, July is in Q3 (July-September)...so July would be the earliest possibility if the Q3 projection holds true.
  14. Muqtar

Muqtar Well-Known Member

This is great news. I opened the site and knew tonight would be the night.
  15. drexappeal

Hahaha...No worries. I think there's 3 different ICS threads going right now.
  16. KOLIO

Merge?
  17. KOLIO

Yeppers,JULY would be most welcome,earlier if possible.
    I know I'm sounding like a broken record,but,I'm guessing it will be later than sooner,especially if LAPDOCK 100/500 compatibility is in the mix.
    I'm guessing this to be the case since 100% LAPDOCK 500 capability isn't realized yet.

Again,just pure speculation,nothing more.
  18. I don't want it either
  19. Umm i think ppl should follow reliable sources and not some teenage kid who has a website saying hes a reliable source
    ORD84 and KOLIO like this.
  20. KOLIO

I didn't realize things were that rough in the 'hood....... ;)
    drexappeal likes this.
  21. floorguy

floorguy Well-Known Member

I find it funny that the Verizon flagship phones, are behind ours....

anyone else find it funny???
  22. drexappeal

To a certain extent, yes, but at the same time, ours was released prior to all the Verizon flagship Moto devices.
    KOLIO likes this.
  23. (No Subject)

(No Subject) New Member

Cannot. Wait.

I've been hoping that Motorola would update the Photon 4G to ICS ever since I saw my friend/co-worker's Galaxy Nexus.
  24. 4DisplayOnly

4DisplayOnly Member

I think the Photon would benefit from a ICS update. My brother has a Xoom tablet and it improved with the ICS update. He said it was well worth it.
  25. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

i really hope they will bring the update a bit sooner, since June and July are the months that historically Sprint announces and sells newer phones.

TS