1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

**** OFFICIAL **** ICS COMING SOON thread... Post all questions and info here!!!!General

1. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

I'd be shocked if this were true.
  2. hasbrobot

hasbrobot Well-Known Member

I'd like to believe this but you know motorola and there hasn't even been a soak test yet.
  3. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

4. lmarsh21

lmarsh21 Well-Known Member

5. pm1066

pm1066 Well-Known Member

I'm starting to see reports of a soak test coming. If so, it all makes sense--recall the 2.3.6 soak test was essentially on top of the 2.3.6 release.
  6. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

I'm excited to hear these reports... This may be good news!
  7. horty222

horty222 Member

AWESOME !!! lets hope its true?
  8. hasbrobot

9. Ultimateone

Ultimateone Well-Known Member

I cant get over this, this would be so awesome
  10. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I have been getting soak tests for my Droid 1 and Droid X1. I hope to get some for my RAZR. Havent so far.
  11. thedrizl

thedrizl Well-Known Member

I had a feeling it was on it's way, and Moto was just keeping mum on it. Hopefully this is all accurate, and the soak test goes off without a hitch. I'm ready for some sweet, creamy goodness.
  12. taxiron1

taxiron1 Well-Known Member

Verizon's Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX to get Android 4.0 on April 4th, Rezound to follow on the 6th (updated)

By Darren Murph [​IMG] posted Mar 30th 2012 at 6:28PM

[​IMG]
    Color us surprised to find that Best Buy is so deeply entwined with carrier / OEM plans that it would actually receive a notification that Ice Cream Sandwich is coming to select handsets, but we guess it makes sense to notify those hard-working BB Mobile representatives to what's coming down the pike. Both Android Police and TechnoBuffalo have received separate leaks confirming the news, suggesting that April 4th will be the day that the Motorola Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX get a taste of Android 4.0, and that April 6th will bring the update to HTC's Rezound. Hard to say how the rollout will be staged, but if you're considering one of Verizon's fastest and finest, at least you know when ICS is coming.

Update: Judging from our tip jar, a fair number of you have received emails from Motorola about joining "an early preview of a new software" for the Droid RAZR and RAZR Maxx. Coincidence? We think not.

[Thanks, Jason]
  13. hasbrobot

14. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I see why I might didnt get an email about this...they changed their feedback sign up form. Was supposed to add some info and change some info when they changed it. Oh well...seems I need to spend more time on their forums.
  15. sciullo779

sciullo779 Active Member

just out of curiousity, should you do a factory reset when you get an os update? ex. gingerbread to ICS.

or will we be okay just letting it update?
  16. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

I would guess since this will be a large update that doing a reset will be the best course of action. But I do not know the official stance, seeing as nothing official has been said that we are even getting an update.... ;)
    Ridgerunner665 and jroc like this.
  17. oOMavrikOo

oOMavrikOo Well-Known Member

I sure do hope this some kind of April fools joke.
  18. WA_Bob

WA_Bob VIP Member VIP Member

Doesn't sound like one any more - Too many different sources!
  19. BigBruDa3rd

BigBruDa3rd Well-Known Member

Its ICS got people using cheesecake app and pulling it from the moto servers and running ICS on their Razrs. Got screen shots and everything.
  20. thedrizl

thedrizl Well-Known Member

No idea what you just said, but i love you, man. Sure does seem to be legit. Don't let us down, Moto.
  21. Styrisvps

Styrisvps Well-Known Member

I want to try it completly stock first, just to see how it runs