*{Official}* ICS (ice cream sandwich) discussion threadGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-07-04 21:37:36
  1. Fonzig

Fonzig Well-Known Member

HTC have already said that ICS will be rolled out in the UK at the end of March.

I'm currently using an official beta release from HTC through their elevate.com forum.

Advertisement
  2. Fonzig

Fonzig Well-Known Member

If you have ICS, try it on your homescreen with 2 app shortcuts.
    Seems to work fine on mine:confused:
  3. Roxolid

Roxolid Well-Known Member

I've just received ice cream sandwich...............

I wanted a strawberry cornnetto but the wife got it wrong... oh well....
  4. haddock

haddock Well-Known Member

Soooo.... Now I have no data connection. Full bars on all networks, but nothing can connect. No problems on Wi-Fi.
  5. fanboynot

fanboynot Active Member

JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THE ICS UPDATE HAS HIT MY XE TODAY AT LUNCHTIME AT ITS AWESOME.

I WAS RUNNING UNBRANDED 1.73.401 AND NOW UPDATED TO ICS 3.32.401.105
    :cool:
  6. Tattycakes

Tattycakes Well-Known Member Contributor

I currently have gingerbread 2.3.4 which I'm very happy with, especially the homescreen layout with the apps/phone/personalise arc at the bottom. If I upgrade to ICC will it change this layout dramatically? Will I have the option to change back to the 2.3 style? I have widgetlocker which will do it for my lockscreen but I don't know about the homescreen itself. Help please, thanks!
  7. MrMister

MrMister Well-Known Member

Where are you located please, screenshot?
  8. MrMister

MrMister Well-Known Member

Nothing here....still. Unbranded, running on 3 in UK, bought SIM free

Bored of checking now, can understand if no one had it in UK, but loads do....
  9. biker74

biker74 Well-Known Member Contributor

I, well, it's no landed in Scotland then.
  10. haddock

The Apps/phone/personalize arc at the bottom is gone (wuhuu!) - see the screenshot I posted above. I much prefer the new layout, especially because it's customizable. And I wouldn't recommend using widget locker. It didn't react very well to my upgrade, and became a battery hog. Hopefully they will update the app soon, cause I really liked it.
  11. Unbranded, stock, O2 UK. Nothing yet. 21:00. Patience beginning to wear thin.:mad::mad::mad:
  12. joemonkey

joemonkey Well-Known Member

i am in san francisco, california. just checked, no update here for ics
  13. Tattycakes

Tattycakes Well-Known Member Contributor

Ah thanks, I didn't see the screenie as workplace internet filters out pictures. It doesn't look bad, customisable is good but it's a bit bland and un-stylised, I guess we have no choice but to get used to it!?
  14. murzz

murzz Well-Known Member

Another day comes and goes and still nowt:mad:
  15. charliehowes

charliehowes Well-Known Member

When I spoke to HTC yesterday they told me that they'd not even started rolling it out yet and to be totally honest I was left with the impression that it wouldn't be anytime soon.
  16. fanboynot

fanboynot Active Member

Hi here is a screenshot as promised:cool:

Attached Files:

17. ahmedahly5

ahmedahly5 New Member

i want to know is it ok to update mine when its available or it have any problems ?
  18. 1st_Paladin

1st_Paladin Well-Known Member

Just downloaded in Singapore. StarHub customer. Understand that SingTel customers have also received it.
  19. jmfryer1978

jmfryer1978 Active Member

Just looking on HTC's Facebook page and it would appear it's hitting a fair few countries today. With any luck the UK will be one of them!
  20. blackjacks21

blackjacks21 New Member

does anyone here have issue after installing ICS to sensation XE? mine is having white screen every time exiting applications. it goes to my home page once i quit an application. i don't know whether it's a compatibility issue, but i doubt it is the case. i'd been waiting for it since last year and totally disappointed it turned out like this. any suggestion?
  21. haddock

Nope. I have had it for three weeks now, and that hasn't happened to me once. It did, however, happen often before I upgraded. But I never found a solution to it, sorry.
  22. Celyn

Celyn New Member

Question, what is unbranded and branded?
  23. jmfryer1978

jmfryer1978 Active Member

Branded is when you buy a phone through a carrier (Orange/Vodafone etc). They put their own bits of software into the phone. This means that when updates come out from HTC, the carrier will not release it until they have tested it, and also made any changes to it that they see fit (like adding more bits of their software in).

Unbranded phones do not contain any carrier specific software and when updates are released they get them straight away from HTC's servers.

In the UK unbranded handsets typically come from the likes of Carphone Warehouse and I also think O2 provide unbranded handsets (though I may be wrong on that last point).

If you can get un-branded then do, as you'll get updates a lot faster and it wont be filled with the carriers software and changes, which often you have no chance of removing unless you root and install a custom ROM.
    Tattycakes and Celyn like this.
  24. Celyn

Celyn New Member

Thank You. :)
  25. Rkool

Rkool Member

So no one knows when O2 will role out their ICS update in the UK then? :confused: