• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*{Official}* ICS (ice cream sandwich) discussion thread

Got excited by the ICS upgrade when I got it 2 days ago, now totally frustrated.
No sound in any apps, video files don't play, battery drains flat with no usage in 7.5 hrs with wifi, gps, background data and all apps turned off, screen brightness at minimum. Phone idle battery usage is close to 50%!!!!! Even in airplane mode, battery drains at 10%/hour. Tried the 'fixes' suggested in various forums to remove battery & put it back in and factory reset. Contacted HTC support, they have no answer.
I've only had this phone for a couple of months and loved it until the upgrade... now just pulling my hair out looking for solutions.......

Upvote 0
Got excited by the ICS upgrade when I got it 2 days ago, now totally frustrated.
No sound in any apps, video files don't play, battery drains flat with no usage in 7.5 hrs with wifi, gps, background data and all apps turned off, screen brightness at minimum. Phone idle battery usage is close to 50%!!!!! Even in airplane mode, battery drains at 10%/hour. Tried the 'fixes' suggested in various forums to remove battery & put it back in and factory reset. Contacted HTC support, they have no answer.
I've only had this phone for a couple of months and loved it until the upgrade... now just pulling my hair out looking for solutions.......

Completely with you. was impressed with the phone until ICS, now have had full factory reset, returned thhe phone following this and now it is going back tomorrow for a second time with everything other than SIM and SD card (previously HTC only wanted the shell). Avoiding Apple just doesn't seem to be worth the effort! Bizarrely, about the only thing I can reliably do with my phone is make calls! Hardfly "smart"?!? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones