1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Official ICS Update Available!General

1. MNDaveC

MNDaveC Active Member

Advertisement
    :
    Jankis likes this.
  2. ba1970

ba1970 Member

Can I do this while being rooted?
  3. plnavajas

plnavajas New Member

I downloaded ICS onto my Blaze via Kies. I like it overall: seems to work well and it's definitely an improvement. I was surprised and disappointed, however, to see that the home screen and app drawer are exactly the same as they were in Gingerbread 2.3.6. In the months prior to the update, I had been drooling over YouTube vids detailing ICS features. One of the things I noted was how different the home screen/app drawer looked. My question is: did T-mobile/Samsung give Blaze owners a watered-down version of ICS, or did something go wrong with my upgrade?
  4. plnavajas

plnavajas New Member

No you can't.
    ba1970 likes this.
  5. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Unless you want to break root suggested not, just wait a few days for devs to base a Rom off of update

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2
    ba1970 likes this.
  6. Jankis

Jankis New Member

Thanks for posting this.
  7. ba1970

ba1970 Member

Howdy,

Last night I flashed the stock ROM and then upgraded to ICS thru Kies. ICS, in my humble opinion, is a nicer ezperience than Gingerbread 2.3.6. Anyway, I look forward to rooting again in the future.

Be well, folks, and thanks for all you do Devs.
  8. rbk123

rbk123 New Member

Do you lose all of your apps when you load ICS?
  9. Jankis

Jankis New Member

10. bhav1618

bhav1618 New Member

Hey!

I have the same question as above. The display screen and app drawer looks the same! Is everyone facing the same problem?? What the hell is different about this upgrade then?
  11. bhav1618

bhav1618 New Member

There's no people app either! Its exactly the same!!
  12. Ubizmo

Ubizmo Active Member

Very slight interface changes, that's all. Settings screen looks different. No "software update" option anymore. Most differences must be "under the hood."
  13. dwitherell

dwitherell Well-Known Member

Yeah most of the differences are under the hood (and to be fair, those differences are rather large in number). The reason the home screen/app drawer look the same is that it's essentially the same Touchwiz 3 launcher as was in the latest Gingerbread release. It's too bad stock TouchWiz ICS for the Blaze didn't incorporate more of the UI stuffs seen w/ other iterations of ICS.
  14. donmeca2020

donmeca2020 Well-Known Member

i upgraded my folks phones with the ICS update, and i must say it looked compleletely the same as before. besides some icons changed and it ran a tad differently. other then that ics on the blaze phones look 100% different then from my GS3. I did however like that you can install Apex launcher onto it now.
  15. JerryTX2012

JerryTX2012 Member

Does anyone know if FoxFi will still work under ICS? I tether a lot and I don't want to lose that.

By the way, what exactly changes with the update? More stable? Better security? Extra features? From what I see is this thread is not that big of a deal. Am I missing something here?
  16. Notice you dont have flash, resource use higher?