• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Infitini Carbon Case Group Buy

I have gotten the approval from Inifinity Carbon to start a Group Buy for their Carbon Fiber Cases. If we can get 10 people or more on this GB Infinity Carbon is willing to give us a 20% discount along with free shipping. Just add your name to the list and once the list is filled up I will provide the necessary information to get the discount...

FYI...the money does not come to me...Infinity Carbon will give us a discount code once the slots have been filled...so please don't think that I am trying to scam any of you and take your money...

make sure to copy and paste the existing list...add your name and the rest will follow...:)

1. T0LLPHR33
2. 3devious

got an updated email from INFINITY CARBON. this CF Case is a 2 piece...they haven taken their time to design this case really well...if some of you had the body glove case you remember that every time you slid the key board out the screen would rise about 1mm in height...well this is not the case with INFINITY CARBON's design...
GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

Upvote 0
I remember this case as being designed before. I really like the idea, but I have several concerns.

1) What is the thickness of this case, and will it allow use in the Car Dock / Multimedia Dock without removal? If not, is the rear part easily removable?

2) What about airflow through the phone - I run custom ROMs and my phone is OC at least 100% so heat can be an issue at times, so I need to know that it doesn't completely block off airflow through the phone...

3) Do these come with some sort of holster (I am guessing no, but thought I'd ask anyway)....

4) Any links to pics so I can see them / make a color determination?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
They were supposed to start shipping last week, I was curious to see if those who were first in line got those and posted about them. I am not sure if what is now a 2 piece case at twice the price would beat out the back cover that they have going.

I just hope to get something before I make my move to LTE (we'll probably be one of the first areas to get it for phones out here.)

That 3rd place you mentioned seems to have gone quiet for the last month. It would be nice if those who had gotten theirs would post about that as well.

Upvote 0
The last place I mentioned is has a very active topic going on at DF - Droid Carbon Fiber Case - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum - I just found it.

It seems that their version of the 2 piece case uses some sort of 3M tape to hold the front part of the case onto the front part of the phone.

Since I use both the Car Dock and the Multimedia dock, I am probably gonna skip this for now - the thickness issue is no better than my current case, meaning I have to remove it every time so this would basically be an all bling and no real purpose addition to my phone.

The case / holster combo I have now works beautifully.

If someone could come up with a nice CF / other material case that would be usable in the docks without removal, then I'd be highly interested. But with the limited clearance on both docks, I don't foresee that happening.

Upvote 0
sorry you guys couldn't see the pictures...sorry again for the late update on the pics...I have been in utah the last week filming...so I haven't had much time to get on the forum and post again...its weird cause i can view the pics on my computer...

I just emailed INFINITY CARBON on details about thickness of case, questions regarding fitment issues with DROID docking station whether or not it will work with the casing on...I also asked to see if their will be any way we could use this case with any current holdsters out...I will keep you guys updated as soon as they email me back...

here's the pictures...
ICDROID4aspx.jpg

ICDROID3aspx.jpg

ICDROID2aspx.jpg

ICDROIDaspx.jpg

Upvote 0
Yeah, looking at the pics I can pretty much rule out use of docks with the case on. However, if it is easily removable, then I may still be interested.

I am just awaiting an email response from Bryan who is a rep for INFINITY CARBON...he will have all your questions and concerns answered shortly...

but yes you are correct john it looks like it won't fit on any dock with the casing on...but john reassured me that the case is just as easy to remove as it is to install...even easier then body gloves casing if you ever had or took a look at that casing...:D

Upvote 0
LOL, yeah, I had the BG case for all of a week. Not being able to take it off easily forced me to return it to VZW.

I then bought they're case / holster combo, and that case is really easy to remove. Having the holster makes it all that much better.

This 2 piece CF case would be awesome with a CF holster to hold it as well...

Upvote 0
LOL, yeah, I had the BG case for all of a week. Not being able to take it off easily forced me to return it to VZW.

I then bought they're case / holster combo, and that case is really easy to remove. Having the holster makes it all that much better.

This 2 piece CF case would be awesome with a CF holster to hold it as well...

good suggestion on the CF Holster...I will email brian and ask them to make a CF Holster as well...if they could this would definitely be worth the $100 or so...:D

I was able to remove my BG case with ease...at 1st took some getting used to but I could remove it off the phone in a matter of seconds...I also did a little modding to the back of my BG casing...took my dremel and sanded down 1 of the locking tabs enough to the point where the screen wouldn't raise 1mm when extended out...

UPDATE: just emailed brian in regards to a CF Case and Holster combo...i'll let you know what he says once he returns my email...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones