• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official MetroPCS BYOD discussion thread

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
that version will have LTE but like the xperia Z they will have various models. the regular z had 3, one that would only work with edge, one with 3g and then a tmobile branded one taht is lte capable

Asian HSPA+ C6802
Europe LTE version C6833
North American LTE version C6806

Calling Xperia Z Ultra owners – we want to hear your impressions | Xperia Blog

nice, thanks for the info, shame that the C6806 will prolly only be available via tmobile. if im not mistaken all the z's can be unlocked (bootloaders) except tmobiles :/

for the xperia Z, the tmobile model is the c6606, I know this because I have one and currently receive Tmobile LTE on it on metro's BYOD, and I am also going to probably sell it very soon lol.

Upvote 0
I had a TM s4 that was unlocked. I popped my sim in and it was able to make calls but no internet. Is that because the phone needs to be activated on the metro network?

What would it take to get a TM s4 to authenticate on the metropcs network even though im using a metropcs sim? IEMI or ESN added?
Possibly 2 things, first correct apn, without it no data.

Second you may need to get the IMEI entered into your account.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
So does he use that app then send him the file? He in turn restores it after backing up his own?
If that is the case I would like to try the F3 APN on my motion just to see what happens. ( no clue how to access my APN on cm 10 tho)
pronounced Dur Tee Dee

Won't work the OS wont even allow it in the 1st place and then for the same reason it just wont work. You have to have 310-260 on your SIM card which all ours are loaded with only 311-660

Upvote 0
on gsm phone try going into setting, wireless and network, more, mobile then you should see access point name.

that is where you will find the apn tap it and it will show you the settings.

This one
is an example

Screenshot_2013-05-25-18-01-18.png

Reactions: mike28
Upvote 0
No since it's a cdma phone it has to be a compatible with the byod list too which you can check out at metropcs.com tmobile or att phones basically gsm
Verizon has several (world) phones that have both cdma (for verizon) and GSM radio's. Most of those do not include the correct freq for tmo but I think the iphone is one exception.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones