• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official MetroPCS BYOD discussion thread

Cant you just flash radio bands on phones to get different types data signals? I have the gs2 skyrocket and on the stock radio i could only get hspa edge and lte. But with the flashed radio i get hspa+, hspad, Lte, and edge.

Radio band compatibility comes from the hardware that is enabled via the software. So if the phone doesn't support a frequency, there's not much you can do.

Upvote 0
I have an unlocked at&t htc one. I'm not able to send pictures. Is this because it's an at&t phone?
Does anyone have an at&t phone on metro pcs byop and if so, are there any problems with it?

I'm pretty sure a t-mobile phone works flawless with metro, but can someone confirm it.

I'm not an expert but I think sending/receiving pictures issues are more like APN settings configuration problem.

definitely an APN issue

Upvote 0
Well I just went there and the mms proxy and mms port are not set. Should I just go to the metro pcs

These are my Metro GSM Galaxy S4 VPN settings from factory, hope they serve you:

APN Settings:

Name:
MetroPCS
APN:
fast.metropcs.com
Proxy:
Not set
Port:
Not set
User Name:
Not set
Password:
Not set
Server:
Not set
MMSC:
http://metropcs.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy:
Not set
MMS Port:
Not set
MCC:
MNC:
Authentication type:
None
APN type:
default,mms,supl
APN protocol:
IPv4
APN roaming protocol:
IPv4
Enable/disable APN:
APN enabled
Bearer:
Unspecified

Upvote 0
These are my Metro GSM Galaxy S4 VPN settings from factory, hope they serve you:

APN Settings:

Name:
MetroPCS
APN:
fast.metropcs.com
Proxy:
Not set
Port:
Not set
User Name:
Not set
Password:
Not set
Server:
Not set
MMSC:
MMS Proxy:
Not set
MMS Port:
Not set
MCC:
MNC:
Authentication type:
None
APN type:
default,mms,supl
APN protocol:
IPv4
APN roaming protocol:
IPv4
Enable/disable APN:
APN enabled
Bearer:
Unspecified

That's funny. I have a SGH-M919V(Canadian S4) on Metro BYOD and my APN settings are for T-Mobile. The APN and MMSC fields both have T-Mobile addresses. I know Metro is using T-Mobile's network, but even though I don't have the Metro S4 shouldn't it be using Metro's APN because I have Metro Service? Also, if I create a new APN with these settings, how would my service change?

Upvote 0
That's funny. I have a SGH-M919V(Canadian S4) on Metro BYOD and my APN settings are for T-Mobile. The APN and MMSC fields both have T-Mobile addresses. I know Metro is using T-Mobile's network, but even though I don't have the Metro S4 shouldn't it be using Metro's APN because I have Metro Service? Also, if I create a new APN with these settings, how would my service change?

Will be interesting to know. Could you please post your APN settings , I will try them on my S4 and will post results.

Upvote 0

APN Settings:

Name:
MetroPCS
APN:
fast.metropcs.com
Proxy:
Not set
Port:
Not set
User Name:
Not set
Password:
Not set
Server:
Not set
MMSC:
MMS Proxy:
Not set
MMS Port:
Not set
MCC:
MNC:
Authentication type:
None
APN type:
default,mms,supl
APN protocol:
IPv4
APN roaming protocol:
IPv4
Enable/disable APN:
APN enabled
Bearer:
Unspecified

My mmsc says .....t-mobile.com..... not metro.
Authentication type - not set
Apn type - not set
The other things pretty much look the same. I'll try and play with these or just go later to a main metro pcs store and see if they can help me. But appreciate it though

Upvote 0
Will be interesting to know. Could you please post your APN settings , I will try them on my S4 and will post results.

Name:
T-Mobile
APN:
epc.tmobile.com
Proxy:
Not set
Port:
Not set
User Name:
None
Password:
Server:
MMSC:
http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy:
Not set
MMS Port:
Not set
MCC:
MNC:
Authentication type:
None
APN type:
default,mms,supl
APN protocol:
IPv4
APN roaming protocol:
IPv4
Enable/disable APN:
APN enabled
Bearer:
Unspecified

Upvote 0
What's going on fuzz haven't seen you in a minute how's things how's the s3 and att pre paid treating you?

Getting used to the S3 but I miss the nexus. Aosp S3 ain't bad though.

Att so far is good. I don't have to run outside when the phone rings so that's a plus. Lol.

I'd much rather be supporting t mobile and spending my money there instead of att so hopefully by the end of the year they will pick up that 600 band for indoors and also spread out the lte some more.

What's new in these woods?

Reactions: mike28
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones