• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official MetroPCS BYOD discussion thread

A few months have passed since this program went into effect. Has anyone been able to confirm if the T-Mobile have to be unlocked for the BYOD plan. I unlocked my T-Mobile Galaxy S4 before bringing it in. Just curious.

it's pointless, we confirmed that the sim just has to be tied to the IMEI via IMEI/ESN/MEID swap prior to inserting SIM, if it is already in the new phone, just restart and it will work, again, that is only on t-mobile branded devices, except for the G1, I had to unlock it, that's the only one I have come across with that issue.

Upvote 0
I bought the Samsung Galaxy Mega from Sams, AT&T phone, my local Metro PCS store unlocked it and switched it over to Metro PCS, no problems so far, very easy and hassle free change over. 4G and 4G LTE shows on the screen when available. I seem to be getting better signals also in places I wasn't before ie inside buildings and at the beach.

Love the phone, it's really a little too big but I'm getting used to it and it does fit in your pocket. I have the Otterbox Defender on it so that makes it even bigger but you have to have a good case on these phones as they crack if you just look at them. I'm getting used to the size though, viewing area is important to me over the pen that comes with the Note 2 and 3 that I will never use, and people I know who have the Note 2 rarely if ever use the pen.

I've gone through the AT&T apps and stopped the updates on them, it won't let me delete them but I've removed them from view.

I get the latest phone, the T Mobile signal with the Metro price....very happy! :)

Upvote 0
my phone died recently and im holding out for the nexus. But im concerned about it being able to connect on the metro network. i know the n4 can but some new phones on tmobile haven't made it across yet like the lg g2.

does it need to be on the list to connect or can any tmobile phone work.

did you see all the confirmed stuff in the BYOD about the nexus device?

Upvote 0
ugeqyvu2.jpg

There you go

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones