• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official MetroPCS BYOD discussion thread

If i buy this phone unlocked , will i be able to use it with the gsm bring your own phone program ? And what data speeds will i be getting ? I have 4g lte right now with the LG Motion , i don't want to downgrade in data speeds .

Radio Bands info .

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374757920130.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374757920130.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 112
Upvote 0
What data speeds will i be getting with this Lg Optimus 4x HD? (GSM) I have 4g lte currently in Atlanta (Lg Motion CDMA) . Will the new speeds be faster than my motion ? I need to know this . Thanks .

GSM speeds are fast in Atlanta. I have a galaxy s2 skyrocket on metropcs BYOD program. I think I'm being throttled so maybe speeds are faster.

Attachments

• 1374760859242.jpg
    1374760859242.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 136
Reactions: icyboyice
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Metro hardly ever says publicly they made a mistake or there's a problem. I cut and pasted the above part from their press release and asked them in the public area of their Faceplant. The simply referred me to the BYOD city List. :rolleyes:

So, the answer to your question is apparently the above is not correct the way it is worded.

Eedeeits.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

word on teh street is that byod kicks off in a lot of places tomorrow, could be that they posted press a day early...

Upvote 0
Crud still no Detroit

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Detroit does start tomorrow. All Corp employees have confirmed it. Apparently, they were training this morning. Kind of last minute. There are going to be so many screw ups this weekend. Anyway, for those who already have BYOD in their markets and have used it(or those familiar with the process), when I walk into the corp. store with my phone, how much total will I be spending? I've bought quite a few cases and accessories to accompany the S4 and have $35 left in the phone budget for this month. One of the employees said she didn't have the specifics yet, but that the card should be $5-15. All I have to do is buy the card and the rest is free?

Reactions: divagirl
Upvote 0
So the new markets will have BYOP but what else are they going to sell? With no Metro towers around I'm guessing these new stores will just have the GS4, the F3, and the Lumia to choose from maybe a feature phone or 2. If its a big corporate store its gonna look a little empty. You could fit all those phones on a single display.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones