• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Midnight Release Party Thread***

Dude! Its NYC! They always do something BIG! They'll probably have like Jay-Z on hand doing a free concert rapping about the Droid X or something ridiculously cool like that...LOL! :D

Haha, yeah you would think so, right?? But I haven't heard anything yet and google is turning up zilch. Maybe I'll swing by the 34th street store tomorrow and bug the reps about it.

Upvote 0
Corpus Christi Corporate Verizon Wireless Store is having a midnight release party as well! DJ playing , 5 free jawbone headsets given away to first 5 people who activate with a 2yr agreement. $1,000 dollars in give aways !!! Party starts at 11pm 07/14/2010. Other vendors will be onsite giving away additional prizes !!

The rep i talked to yesterday said they were opening at midnight on Wednesday.. so i guess technically that would be Thursday. Is that the same thing they told you?

Upvote 0
I hate to be the bearer of bad news. But unfortunately, this thread is not Official. Section 2.3.15 of the AndroidForums handbook says, and I quote, "All official threads must contain three asterisks at the beginning and the end of the thread title. Failure to comply with this regulation voids all merit and the thread is deemed Non-Official." As you can see, the end of the thread title only has two asterisks. Due to this oversight the thread has been downgraded to a Class B thread, also known as Non-Official or Unofficial.

Upvote 0
I'm in the same area and yup no one seems to be doing anymore than 1 hour early except for woodfield and I'd rather go to a closer-and-not-as-popular location.

My two closest options are Plainfield and the one on 59 near the Mall in Aurora. Both are only opening at 8. Looks like I will be waking up early instead of staying up late. :(

At least if I hit Plainfield there should be fewer people.... I hope. lol

Upvote 0
My two closest options are Plainfield and the one on 59 near the Mall in Aurora. Both are only opening at 8. Looks like I will be waking up early instead of staying up late. :(

At least if I hit Plainfield there should be fewer people.... I hope. lol

Ah I'm more 'northwest' - st charles area. At least we won't have to compete for first in line at the same store:D

Upvote 0
I hate to be the bearer of bad news. But unfortunately, this thread is not Official. Section 2.3.15 of the AndroidForums handbook says, and I quote, "All official threads must contain three asterisks at the beginning and the end of the thread title. Failure to comply with this regulation voids all merit and the thread is deemed Non-Official." As you can see, the end of the thread title only has two asterisks. Due to this oversight the thread has been downgraded to a Class B thread, also known as Non-Official or Unofficial.

Sorry...typo...FML :(

Upvote 0

Oops FML...

Upvote 0
***I hate to be the bearer of bad news. But unfortunately, this thread is not Official. Section 2.3.15 of the AndroidForums handbook says, and I quote, "All official threads must contain three asterisks at the beginning and the end of the thread title. Failure to comply with this regulation voids all merit and the thread is deemed Non-Official." As you can see, the end of the thread title only has two asterisks. Due to this oversight the thread has been downgraded to a Class B thread, also known as Non-Official or Unofficial.***

Now its ***official***:D

Upvote 0
There are at least a couple in the DFW area that are doing this :D

Yeah, All the Central Texas Region stores are doing midnight releases with Dj roadshows and what not. When I worked there a few back, RGV and San Antonio District stores used to schedule Radio roadshows on Saturdays to promote sales. Thats what it seems like they're doing here. Lots in DFW area, Corpus Christi AND Victoria Texas.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones