*** Official Motorola Droid X Pre-Release Thread***

1. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

I'm surprised about Froyo!
  2. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

3. psipher

psipher Active Member

The day before iPhone 4 goes on sale....nicely played Verizon :)
  4. HookEmHorns*UT*

HookEmHorns*UT* Well-Known Member

I hope the droid 2 is announced on the 23rd. I like the X but i like the droid 2 more. My 30 day return period ends on july 4th so ill be getting the X or droid 2. Just got the droid btw.
  5. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member

Droid 2 probably won't be around yet when the X is released. I don't think it'll be a simultaneous release.
  6. rion_j

rion_j Well-Known Member

7. Sayoken

Sayoken Member

This bad boy really look solid and every inch off the screen looks sharp as ever. I can't wait to get my hands on one.
  8. Flying_Hellfish

Flying_Hellfish Well-Known Member

9. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

10. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member

11. rion_j

rion_j Well-Known Member

yup!

Keyboard: Just like with the CLIQ XT, Motorola preloads Swype. However, we also noticed a "multitouch keyboard" option. Oh yes, you heard us. When we held down two letters simultaneously it recognized both. We could really go on and on about how excited we are about this, but just check the video below of it in action.
  12. Lewey22B

Lewey22B Member

It looks...pretty big O-o
    I know large screen but it looks enormous in her hands.

Now to decide. Galaxy S or Droid X? ;) *goes to other thread*
  13. rion_j

rion_j Well-Known Member

i know right, crazy eh! this device is a monster and i'm all over it. my first droid device! bye bye blackberry tour!

Screen: Apparently the Droid X has a 4.4-inch, FWVGA 854 x 480-resolution screen, though we couldn't confirm that on the device itself. Regardless, it was super crisp and the capacitive screen was mighty responsive to taps and multitouch gestures. Our one concern is the mirrored trim around the screen -- it makes the whole face of the phone extra glossy.
  14. Rimzy

Rimzy Well-Known Member

This has to be the worst kept secret in the history of phones! love it. I noticed that it is not as wide as the Evo which i feel is better in terms of ergonomics, it will be much harder to hold a wide phone than a long on IMO!!
  15. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

To me this isn't even a contest anymore the Droid X is the best phone I have seen to this day. I will buy the X when it comes out, I am sure the Galaxy S will be awesome as well, but this sealed the deal for me.
    sgtslayer321 likes this.
  16. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

I take a lot of pictures of my kids to send to my family and this might be a deal breaker. I guess Motorola didn't learn their lesson from the big camera failure on the Droid.

17. Paznos

Paznos Well-Known Member

Wow 4.4" that thing looks so sweet
  18. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

They better still have stock on 7/30 when I'm eligible for my early upgrade, or Imma be angry!
  19. Lewey22B

Lewey22B Member

The Stiff button maybe due to the newness of the phone though?
    The focus though, does that mean you'd need to keep tapping the screen to stay in focus if it was a moving target?
  20. Paznos

Paznos Well-Known Member

I'm sure they'll let you upgrade early they were allowing it for people with the Incredible launch.
    Fabolous likes this.
  21. phobic

phobic Well-Known Member

I'd say the iPhone 4 was one of the worst kept secrets ever with people losing prototypes in bars and others being taken to court for extortion and all. :D

At any rate, this looks like my next phone if motorola can get the kinks out before release. Really glad I took my Incredible back now. :)
  22. TheGoatLantern

TheGoatLantern Well-Known Member

Nice looking phone! Too big for my tastes but it has some awesome specs! Can't wait to see this thing Godzilla the hell outta the Iphone 4!
  23. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

My NE2 is ready to go! I'll be picking this up on release date, Happy Father's Day to me :)
  24. iBowToAndroid

iBowToAndroid Well-Known Member

Merch and POP elements do change on Sundays, I'm surprised at the Monday launch, though.. VZW likes Thursdays for some reason..

You can have as many lines on an account as you wish- you are limited to 5 lines per family plan though.. The only way around this is to make it a business account

yes you can return to a store if you ordered online, as long as it was VZW and not Best Buy, Wirefly, etc.

Correct- can-do no problem

Yup, can-do

No.... $10 add-a-line x 24 months = $240. Add in $200 subsidized cost, and you got $440. We all know it'll be over $500 full retail...

Honestly, I think Droid 2 will have Froyo- I think thats what the Exchange blurb means, seeing as Exchange is a major feature of Froyo..

edit: Looks like Engadget is saying the same thing

ABSO-FREAKIN-LUTELY!!!!!!!!! :D
  25. 1977sjr

1977sjr Well-Known Member

I'm seeing in other threads that the rumored released date is July 19th. That's almost perfect timing since my upgrade date is July 24th. Can't wait to lay my eyes on one in the store! It's going to be tough holding out for the Droid 2 knowing this one will be there for the taking. Hopefully the D2 won't be too far behind...