*** Official Motorola Droid X Pre-Release Thread***

1. leanbarton

leanbarton New Member

Yea but not the same specs.
  2. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member

Well, nothing is known for sure yet, but the Droid 2 is said to have almost identical specs.
  3. wankingweiner

wankingweiner Well-Known Member

i wouldnt be surprised if it had stronger specs
  4. androy

androy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info.

How does the screen compare to the Incredibles's AMOLED screen? I love the colors and brightness of the AMOLED but feel very tempted by the Xtreme. If the screen is just as nice, I will probably take the plunge.
  5. durangojim

durangojim Well-Known Member

I would imagine the screen will be on par with the Droid's screen as it's LCD and not AMOLED. For me that's better because I really don't like seeing the pixels on my Incredible's screen due to the pentacel issue.
  6. Destination: Moon

Destination: Moon Active Member

Thanks for the post! One more question than you might be able to answer and is really critical to some of us (I have two days left to return my INC.) Can you see the screen in daylight. I love the INC but its almost worthless outdoors in direct light. Thanks again!
  7. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

I'd try the Shadow (or even the Droid or Incredible) in the store before you decide that you MUST have a physical keyboard. I know several people who got the Droid because they HAD to have a physical keyboard because they hated X phone that didn't have one. Now, they don't use the physical keyboard on the Droid.
  8. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member

Even if I get a Droid 2 and don't use the physical keyboard, it'll be worth it if the PS1 emulator comes to fruition.
  9. Garemlin

Garemlin Well-Known Member

OK since everyone else missed a little something from mad's earlier post I guess I will inquire. Or maybe I am reading too much into it.

MAD: I notice you said you had the X in hand. Now is that just short for Extreme or are we to assume that this is actually called the X or the Droid X????
  10. Garemlin

Garemlin Well-Known Member

OK since everyone else missed a little something from mad's earlier post I guess I will inquire. Or maybe I am reading too much into it.

MAD: I notice you said you had the X in hand. Now is that just short for Extreme or are we to assume that this is actually called the X or the Droid X????
  11. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

I'd like to know about the camera since the Droid 1 was very bad. Also would like to hear about the quality of the pictures and 720p videos as well as the HDMI output quality.

Thanks for all of the info!
  12. HookEmHorns*UT*

HookEmHorns*UT* Well-Known Member

Well i just moved from the eris to the moto droid and if the droid 2 or the extreme are released soon i will be using the 30 day return policy to get one of these! Cant wait to see when the release of these are gonna be!!
  13. androy

androy Well-Known Member

I wish they would announce the release date already.
  14. luvzmutt

luvzmutt Well-Known Member

I have a very simple question. I currently have a Storm 2 but am considering an android phone (I was a previous iPhone user, until my office moved and I got no service) I love the fact that I can make the font larger on the Storm 2, up to 14 pts. Can the font be made this large (my eyes are very bad)
  15. maddigital

maddigital Member

Im at a bar for happy hour. Had some people ask about it. And no. I wont be losing it here. Lol . Feels natural in the hand. The lip doesn't affect the comfort. Scree is brigh layedt. Loaded some mp4hd files. Ran ok. Even played a popular video file type. A little stutter and audio don't play but.it.did play and high quality. Has same unique droid 1 hardware features, you know what they are. Can't go into that further. More later
  16. DroidFiend

DroidFiend Active Member

awesome maddigital! wish all the droid xtreme testers would congregate and post their impressions onto this thread.
  17. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

this is really shaping up to be a great phone. I think ill return my incredible for it... I still have 27 days left lol. Keep up the great posts maddigital!
  18. redgtconv

redgtconv Well-Known Member

Does it have a front facing camera? The CEO of Motorola said today that they will release 2-4 phones this year with front facing cameras. Is this one of them?
  19. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

I don't get all the hype with the front facing cameras...I have one on my laptop and have only used it once in the year that I had it. Phones definitely dont need it IMO. So I hope the Xtreme doesnt have one since its just one more thing to break....
  20. ybcre8iv

ybcre8iv New Member

I don't know how this comparison even makes sense. Do you make phone calls on your laptop? Is your laptop the same kind of communications device as your cell phone? It's two different things... In the long-run, the cell phone is the "right" device to have video calls and the laptop most certainly is not.

Video calling itself has many hurdles to become successful. First of all, both parties have to have a device that's capable. Secondly, both devices should have a compatible service. Last of all, 3G can't sustain the speeds, thus the iPhone only does it over WiFi, which makes the usefulness quite limited. We really need 4G to make it a usable feature.

So I actually agree that a front-facing camera is not that useful...yet. Maybe in a year or two.
  21. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

I really don't care about a front facing camera either, but would you say you wouldn't want one? I guess I am all about having extra features even if I will never use them, at least I will have it if I ever want to use it. Well as long as they are going to charge the same price for it, why not have more features if you can.
  22. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

Do you have kids?

I have a 21month and a 5 month old and I use my webcam on my computers all the time with my family out of state. Most of my family are all on Verizon and are moving to Android phones as well. Having that option available at anytime would be priceless so my parents wouldn't miss an important event.

23. dima

dima Active Member

Do you not have any friends and/or a girlfriend/wife? I use my webcam all the time and would also use a front facing camera often...
  24. ghdtpdna

ghdtpdna Well-Known Member

But would It matter since Verizon can't do voice and data at the same time.
    Or is it using data to get VOIP and Video?
  25. androy

androy Well-Known Member

yeah, i was thinking the same thing. It might be wifi only?