1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

*** Official Motorola Droid X Pre-Release Thread***

1. murdoc158

murdoc158 Well-Known Member

2. Rimzy

Rimzy Well-Known Member

Updated Specs!! i am curious, why does it say qwerty for keyboard? Hmm and Safari as the browser?
  3. iBowToAndroid

iBowToAndroid Well-Known Member

Just because it says QWERTY doesn't mean that it will be a physical QWERTY.. I've seen this before on candybar touch phones. The Safari did throw me off at first but I realized it must be something within the name of the WebKit browser, since Safari is also WebKit..
  4. irus

irus Active Member

Well I guess Htc came out with the diamond2 and Touch Pro2 one had keyboard and one had a better camera but other than that they were the same so i guess Motorola could be doing the same thing.
  5. Garemlin

Garemlin Well-Known Member

If it does have a 4.3" screen I think I am going to pass. I played with an Evo and IMO it is just a touch too big to comfortably hold and navigate one handed. I was hoping for the 4.1". May consider the Samsung Galaxy S again if the screen size on the X is true.
  6. Rimzy

Rimzy Well-Known Member

Yeah, after i wrote that i figured they meant like text input on the physical keyboard was qwerty, the 4.3 inch screen is kinda huge though, i was hoping for a 4.1. Ah well, my phones are all dying on me now anyway.....
  7. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

This phone better be available by July 29th! I'm using a crappy Lg 8100 because I dropped my beloved Eris. Its torture not having my little android to play with!

thats what she said!
  8. eddie33081

eddie33081 Well-Known Member

So its a 3640? Wouldnt that put the proc at 1ghz. Maybe thats why your friend said it was a 1ghz processor? Would also show why it is benchmarking so high?
  9. irus

irus Active Member

That could be, but this person said snapdragon but maybe someone told him/her that it was 1Ghz and he/she assumed it was snapdragon. I guess will find out soon enough :)
  10. eddie33081

eddie33081 Well-Known Member

11. jreed2560

Nice. I can't wait. :D

Well actually I can.. till July 29th
  12. kwest12

kwest12 Well-Known Member

Am I correct to assume that July 29th is the date your NE2 agreement cycles? If not, are you suggesting that July 29th is a release date?
  13. jreed2560

Its my upgrade date yes
  14. BigMace23

BigMace23 Well-Known Member

This phone is gonna be AWESOME!!!!!!! 9 more days till official announcement!!!!!
  15. iBowToAndroid

Whoah, whoah, whoah...

Says who???

Until VZW announces something concrete, NOTHING is official..
  16. Flying_Hellfish

Flying_Hellfish Well-Known Member

There are rumors that around father's day there will be an announcement. I think most, myself included, are hoping release dates will be talked about at that point and hopefully preorder
  17. jreed2560

There is an insider on HoFo that is pretty reliable about stuff like this. bill23 I think is his name. but he always talks in code and riddles. His riddle about this implied that there would be some news about this phone on father's day.
  18. Rimzy

Rimzy Well-Known Member

@ibowtoandroid, do you have anymore info? Release date, i hope i have all the specs correct on the first page....
  19. SupremeBeaver

SupremeBeaver Well-Known Member

The more i hear about this phone the more i wish it would come to Europe. Anyway you guys on Verizon should consider yourselves lucky ur getting such an awesome phone. This destroys the EVO as far as im concerned.
  20. iBowToAndroid

That's it for now- specs look good to me, man.. Might wanna put in the official name though.. I really don't know a whole lot more than any of you as far as official specs or release date- I just know that database is money, and when they put a phone in it, release is usually less than 2 months away. I'll definitely keep ya posted :)
  21. Lewey22B

Lewey22B Member

I'm just waiting for a android phone to come out with a good camera and scope for android updates.
    Droid X seems to be fiitting the bill, a Galaxy S rival with flash :p
    Anyone have any idea on Motorola's current camera quality? (IE As a hint hint nudge nudge of the "soon to be released" phone? ;) )
  22. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

23. kwest12

kwest12 Well-Known Member

AWESOME! Thanks! I just hope the 4.3" measurement doesn't include the glass part with black plastic under it (aka the part that isn't actually lcd screen). That would be a pretty big fail/let down. That wouldn't be the case, right? *pulls out his gun and sets it on the table* RIGHT?!
  24. Paznos

Paznos Well-Known Member

Sweet pictures, the best leaked ones so far but they are still saying it has a snapdragon... but it has the 3630(most likely this) or 3640 clocked at 1Ghz at least that's what I'm gathering based off what insiders at howards have been saying.