• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OFFICIAL My Order Has Shipped Thread!!!!

ashykat

Android Expert
Apr 27, 2009
Irvine, CA
I figured all of us who've preordered from AT&T and other sources should start seeing shipping confirmations soon.

I just got my e-mail that it's shipped with my tracking number. Super excited for this phone. I played with it in the store and immediately fell in love with it. This phone is a beast!

I'm a bit surprised some of you guys are switching from the Galaxy Nexus. I figured it was a comparable device.

Over in this http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/540204-evo-lte-vs-galaxy-nexus-differences.html I gave a comparison to the person who started the thread....In essence the ATT One XL and the Evo 4G LTE (LTEvo) are the same phone! Excluding the physical outer appearance I.e. dedicated camera button and the kickstand on the LTEvo!

To chime in on terrestrialfx convo, If you don't care about hardware, the LTEvo has a dedicated camera button and a kickstasnd! LTEvo v.s. GNexus respectively...

processor; Dual 1.5(krait) / Dual 1.2 Omap

Rear camera; 8mp / 5mp

Battery; 2000mAh / 1850mAh

Sreen size; 4.7" / 4.65"

Display; Super LCD2 / Super AMOLED

....In a nutshell, this are some of the factors people consider when purchasing a phone. Like terrestrialfx said you will be the first person when a update is released with the GNexus. Both have NFC. GNexus is pure Android and LTEvo has Sense 4.0 overlay (preference, which I like). If you want pure Google then the GNexus is for you! If your a spec person who have no biases, then the LTEvo is for you! If you are a combination person, you see what suits/benefits you the most and decide!:thumb:

The Sprint GNexus storage has more!

GNexus: Memory: 32GB internal memory (ROM); 1GB RAM; {Not Expandable to SD card}

LTEvo: Memory: 16GB internal memory (ROM); 1GB RAM; {Expandable to SD card}

Official LTEvo storage; 16GB + 32GB= 48GB
Unofficial LTEvo storage; 16GB + 64GB= 80GB:eek:

I forgot the LTEvo has the free 2yr 25GB Dropbox! You can add that to the storage max capacity if you need it! :thumbup:

Reactions: kilasix9
Upvote 0
I'm a bit surprised some of you guys are switching from the Galaxy Nexus. I figured it was a comparable device.

I think it is a case of some folks having the ongoing issues with the Gnex.........these issues are very much noted in many threads. Lots of folks have no issues at all. I was one of the unfortunate ones :(

Going to give the One X a try and see if it works any better where i live. ATT is very strong around here. IMHO both VZW and ATT are about the same when it comes to customer service, at least given the history for me. Can not speak for everyone. Mileage varies considerably....lol

BTW...............have read almost all reviews of the One X and 2 things they all agree on..........the screen on the One X blows the Gnex out of the water, and the camera is tons better :)

Upvote 0

The Nexus is a fine device in its own right, but the One X has next generation hardware and (sadly the main reason for me) better screen and camera. I find myself using the camera more and more and more, and I find the GN camera to be mediocre (as in my Atrix produced some better-looking shots). Also, the screen on the GN is brilliant but no comparison to the One X, and after playing with a demo unit at an AT&T store, it feels like I see every pixel (which isn't true, I'm seeing the effect of the pentile matrix, not pixels) on the GN. I'm keeping my GN as a toy and reference device, and who knows, maybe I'll go back to it some ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones