• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Official: Need a Developer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a developer to work with on a game I came up with involving augmented reality. It's a completely novel concept (as far as I can tell) and would feature a revolutionary gameplay model that could be the future of gaming. I have seen every process involved in various other apps, though never combined in this particular way.

The potential developer would obviously need experience in programming augmented reality apps and an ability or connections to create artwork. Please contact me for a further discussion of the concept.

Upvote 0
Hello. I'm looking for a dev team for a first person shooter. While I don't have much experience with Android development, I am familiar with 3D game development. My strengths are in 3D modeling and texture design. I can also make the audio. I'm hoping to get the ToonWarz engine from PolarBit. I'm looking for a coder and really, anyone else who'd like to help. You don't need to be too experienced, as long as you have an idea on how this works. If this project is a success, we can move on to make another game with our established studio. Go ahead and PM me if you're interested.

Upvote 0
Looking for a developer to code or piece together a texas holdem poker game like M:poker Live found in the Android Market. If this is something easy and you want to make some side cash for doing this project, then contact me. I have been told that the programming for what I am requesting should be a month's worth of work (work being relative I guess depending on your skills) and should cost $1500 without graphics. I have a budget of $5000 in hand and can get more if required. Experienced developers preferred. Contact me directly at sales@mad-mods.ca Thanks!

Upvote 0
This Work is based In Manila Philippines and is available to local developers only.

We are looking to hire an experienced Android programmer on a contract basis to help develop an E-learning Android programming course.

We are also interested in talking to experienced Iphone developers for a similar project coming very soon.

Android project starts in a few weeks. Part time is ok, willing to consider skilled college students also.

Position could lead to full time position for the right person(s), in addition to the immediate project which are e-learning focused we are in the early stage of putting together a Mobile Apps development house here in Manila that will develop mobile apps and gaes for the Google Android platform and the Iphone platform, as well as for facebook and twitter.

Couple be a great opportunity to join a small company at the very early stages.

Requirements:

Strong documented programming ability in Android, or Iphone
Must be mobile app fluent, and be able to work independently.
Must speak, read, and write fluent English.
Should be diligent about commenting code and be able to develop basic apps for teaching Android programming in addition to highly complex apps for sale.

If you have the skills, and are interested in earning some cash for part time contract work, and perhaps earning a spot on our team.

Send CV / Resume to:

matt@gpc-corp.com

along with your contact information.

Interviews are happening now.

Upvote 0
Android Architect - Basking Ridge, NJ
Apply Link: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA9/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=TELECA&cws=1&rid=233

We provide solutions for every aspect of Android product development. As a System Integrator and Commercialization partner in the Open Handset Alliance (OHA), we have completed a large number of Android projects throughout the world and touched the entire vertical stack of Android. One of our main contributions to Android open source was the CDMA compliant version of Android.

Our mission is to become the Android phone product creation partner of choice, supporting customers throughout the whole life-cycle of an Android product from definition until end-of-life support. Teleca has about 2,000 employees in 11 countries in Asia, Europe and North America.

Job description
This position will be responsible for defining architectures for Android based device platform. You will be the subject matter expert for Android platform and will interface with network and marketing teams to address a broad range of topics including application platform security, branded services and extensions, additional run-time environments, OS platform certification. You will work with internal and external teams to evaluate new SW technologies and determine deployment strategies for integrating technologies in handset devices. This individual will work with counterparts in the Device Marketing organization to plan, organize and develop requirements to be implemented by OEMs.

Qualifications
  • BS in Computer Science or related field
  • 6+ years experience in embedded SW development for portable devices.
    Architecture and development experience with Android devices required.
  • Project Management experience desired.
  • Telecom experience, preferably in embedded SW for portable devices, netbooks, development experience on multiple layers on mobile phone technology
*Knowledge on embedded layers, C/C++, Java, Android layers, documenting requirements, architecture impact.

Upvote 0
I'm looking to find a developer who is in need of an artist/animator/designer for their application(s). We can trade artwork for your apps and programming help with my apps. I have a BFA in animation (4 year Uarts) I have a few applications I would like to develop as well as some simple fun games I would like to port over to touch phones. If interested email me (binxalot at gmail dot com) and I'll email you my portfolio and so on.

I do have programming experience in C# and php and I'm picking up java ever so slowly so I can make my own apps. I'm not a complete rookie so I wont bog you down with a project that will be impossible to code.

Upvote 0
HI,

Im looking to partner up with a developer from the android community as well as the iphone community so a person with both skills would be awesome.

Im based in Ireland and am looking to develop a number of my ideas which I think have large scale potential. I am currently talking to mobile UI designer who is currently working with Sony Ericsson. So I am now looking for the developers.

My own background is in Economics and Computer Science with the emphasis on Economics. I have a good understanding of CS but I'm far from a programmer.

I am looking to enter into a new venture with people with entrepreneurial goals in return for an equity stake. My role in the company would be more business focused, ideas, funding, promotion etc.

I look forward to hearing from anyone interested

Upvote 0
Hi all,

I am looking to partner with an Android Developer.

The Android Developer must be experienced and preferably have experience working with Augmented Reality tools utilising GPS, camera phones etc.

I have already been in touch with an Android Developer who has Augmented Reality programming experience; he is happy to help in an advisory role to a developer, providing code if needed.

Please get in touch if you feel you meet these requirements and would like to be involved with an extremely innovative idea and as part of a passionate team.

Upvote 0
Hi

I'm looking for an enthusiastic developer to work with on a music game. The app will eventually need to incorporate in-game music purchases and online play. I believe a lot of the groundwork has been done with an open source version so we can potentially build on that.

My background is FED, digital marketing and I'm well connected in an underground music scene.

Think there's big revenue to be made in this area and - with the right developer - we can make this happen.

Looking for someone interested in a joint venture whose preferably UK/London based. Will consider other locations (including globally) if you think it's feasible.

Please PM or email me at brainz [at] slicknfresh [dot] co [dot] uk if you think you're talented enough and you fit the bill.

Cheers,

Greg

Upvote 0
Looking to create a series of apps for my travel agency in the near future...I am new to the android platform, and not sure what is required to get started. Would love some input as i already have a few ideas for possible applications. please reply to this post or email me if you have time and some information to share with me. I would really appreciate it.
Ken Miller

Upvote 0
I wish I could do this but I cannot. If you want to charge money for this application it is all for you. I could care less about the revenue but just having the ability to stream live music from the archive.org like iPhones can (they charge about 1.99 for this app). All I would ask is that I have some say in the design and ease of use, basically, a beta tester. More info below:

etree and live music archive has thousands of artists and even more live shows that you can stream and download on your computer. Check it out, Free Music : Download & Streaming : Live Music Archive : Internet Archive, it is pretty amazing. The iPhone has a fantastic application that allows you to stream all of these shows, Hippyotamus - Music Archive . I was just wondering if there is anything like this and if not, there really should be, because it is a wealth of awesome live music

I seriously can not stress the awesomeness of this website. Check it out, see if you like any of the music, if you are a Grateful Dead fan then you are going to be in absolute la la land. Anyways, I would love to hear back from anyone willing to work on this.

Upvote 0
Hello,

I'm looking for an Android/iPhone/iPad developer to produce an app for my company which will require the rendering of graphics from coordinates (thousands), allow navigation of the graphic using GPS, compass etc. The app will also provide live feeds from Twitter, feeds from our own live server for updating a timetable etc. The app also needs to work while offline but check for updates (including updated coordinates of the graphic) when a data connection is available.

Sorry about being a little obscure but if you are interested then please email me at jason@jasonc.me.uk

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones