1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Official "New Android Market" Discussion thread!General

1. jdsingle

jdsingle Well-Known Member

The 15 minute rule probably won't be in place for little while. And as others have said before me, I think if anything, this 15 minute rule will turn more to piracy to test stuff out before purchasing stuff. Sorry, in this type of economy in the US, no one is just going to shell out dough for something without testing it extensively to ensure it is the best for them.
  2. itmike

itmike Well-Known Member

New market sucks. The tabs take up so much space...
  3. thelastdraco

thelastdraco Well-Known Member

and it looks increasingly like the appstore, unfortunately.
  4. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

I hate it too. Its slow, thats my main complaint. ARG!
  5. Mr Marcus

Mr Marcus Well-Known Member

Lesson to self: Careful what you ask for. This new one sucks- yeah the header is way too huge, and it seems like the same old Market with a mask on.
  6. WhizGidget

WhizGidget Well-Known Member

I still don't have the new Market look... hasn't pushed to my Inc yet.
  7. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

I've heard the 15 minute rule was to stop people from buying games, beating them in 24 hours and then getting refunds for them. That I can understand, but I think the window should've been shortened to like 3-4 hours. I think in 3-4 hours you're not going to beat most games and you still have time to test the app to see if it works or not. 15 mins is just not long at all unless the app is a remarkably buggy POS.
  8. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Or have a different time limit for games than for apps.
  9. rubbersoul

rubbersoul Active Member

i think the developer should be able to decide how long, with a 15 minute minimum enforced. "try it free for 3 days" type stuff could be attractive to some users and the developers could have all the control within reason.
  10. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member

Should be at least a 1 hour minimum, this is just going to promote more piracy. If a game is not fun after an hour then people should prob get their money back anyways lol.
  11. jayefef

jayefef Well-Known Member

The new Market looks nice but not sure it improves the experience. IMO. The scrolling apps at the top is a good idea, but I always go to apps I don't want to click.

15 minutes for a refund is crazy; little to no chance to check out an app for bugs or other issues (i.e. you just honestly don't like it). But, if it protects developers I'm fine with it. The devs make Android what it is today.
  12. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

I agree with this, I just hope it does not promote piracy!
  13. Homan13PSU

Homan13PSU Well-Known Member

My wife's Incredible upgraded to the new market yesterday. I downloaded Beautiful Widgets for her, I closed market, then came back and it was the new format. I was impressed at how quickly it updated.
  14. johnt519

johnt519 Well-Known Member

Hmm... still not seeing a market update on mine yet. I keep going into it, but no change. Wonder if I have to get some small app to trigger the update?
  15. mched

mched Well-Known Member

My Incredible got it late yesterday. So far..I like it!!
  16. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

Someone post a screen shot of the new market (please and thank you).:D
  17. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

I like that idea a lot. Devs who offer a longer refund policy might get more business and it would leave it completely in the hands of the devs.

Personally, I've only purchased one app that I got a refund on and it was actually within the 15 min time period. I purchased a music player that shall remain nameless on recommendations here. It FC'd within seconds of getting it all set up. I played another song or two and it FC'd again. Rebooted the phone, got a few more FC's afterwards and got a refund for the app.
  18. TokedUp

TokedUp Well-Known Member

got mine this morning finally. I dont see the widgets tab though
  19. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member

goto apps, it's at the bottom. it's not a tab, it's a category
  20. HoochieCoo

HoochieCoo Well-Known Member

The 15 minute window is BS. I was actually fairly liberal in buying apps because I knew I had enough time to test it out. 15 minutes isn't enough. Nice job Google. Less time == Less purchases. $1 is now my spend ceiling unless I am darn sure it's going to do what I need.

Off to dispute the charge if the dev won't refund on their own. Neat.
  21. twmarrs

twmarrs Member

Still don't have mine???
  22. Deanski

Deanski Well-Known Member

Just got mine updated this morning.

After trying to update an app, Market kept shutting down with a "problem". Once I tried later, the NEW market was loaded. Strange way of updating Market.

Deanski
  23. Zeimos

Zeimos Active Member

For those who have not recieved the new market, try this. Clear the Market cache and data, then go back into the Market. This is how I got it to show up on my Incredible, my girlfriend's Droid, and a friend's Evo.
    PSUBALL10 and Dobieg like this.
  24. Dobieg

Dobieg Well-Known Member

thanks...worked for me! :)
  25. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

count yourself lucky!

New Market is the old market but a bit slower.