• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official "New Android Market" Discussion thread!

For those who have not recieved the new market, try this. Clear the Market cache and data, then go back into the Market. This is how I got it to show up on my Incredible, my girlfriend's Droid, and a friend's Evo.

NFG for me. :(

ETA: After 20 minutes of clearing, I went back into the MP and it was updated. I had to re-mark all my d/l apps for auto d/l except for the "google" apps. They were automatically set for auto update.

Upvote 0
For those who have not recieved the new market, try this. Clear the Market cache and data, then go back into the Market. This is how I got it to show up on my Incredible, my girlfriend's Droid, and a friend's Evo.

You might have to reboot your phone after clearing the cache and data before accessing the Market for it to work. I know of two people who had to do this for theirs to change over. Let me know if this works better.

Upvote 0
Since I installed the apk from XDA, I was able to uninstall it without any problem! I used Quick Uninstaller to just uninstall it! Now I'm back to the old, faithful version WITHOUT time limits and the slowness!

I'm sure the time limits are independent of which version of market you're using. You will have the same 15minute refund window as everybody else.

Still, I can see the argument for going old school. Way too much lag for no real benefit.

Upvote 0
I just got it. I don't like it at all. I miss the comments and related tabs, made it much easier. This is basically a down grade that just happens to look nice. I miss the update all button that would always POP up no matter how many apps you needed to update. Also, the best paid, best free, and the just in tabs are weird now. Those tads are a curved line now, and him having trouble trying to hit them.

Upvote 0
I just got it. I don't like it at all. I miss the comments and related tabs, made it much easier. This is basically a down grade that just happens to look nice. I miss the update all button that would always POP up no matter how many apps you needed to update. Also, the best paid, best free, and the just in tabs are weird now. Those tads are a curved line now, and him having trouble trying to hit them.

I just got it and this describes exactly how I feel about it :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones