• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Official] Nexus 6 Accessory Thread

Got a Cellbee case; http://www.amazon.com/CellBee®-Companion-Holster-Kickstand-Locking/dp/B00P1F0AZE

Got it in red. Does add a little bit of bulk, but I don't mind. Nice mix of rubber and plastic and gives it nice grip. Kickstand is sturdy and works well in my limited usage of it. I have not used the belt clip at this time, but phone does fits very snuggly into it. Nice front screen lip to be able to place phone face down with no issues. Didn't have an issue with my glass screen protector. Overall I give it an B+ for a case.

Upvote 0
I've grabbed 2 cases for my Nexus 6.

The first case I brought was the Spigen Ultra Hybrid Crystal Clear for £8.99 as I wanted a case that did not hide any of the sexy looks of the phone.

Well it certainty does that, fits well, is well made with air cushion impact corners to help in falls. The gel feel give the case good grip, the buttons are covered and help with accidental pushes. The downside is there is little protection for the screen, and when using one handed to activate the buttons the case feels just slightly loose on the other side. The major issue I see with the case is when typing on a flat surface the phone rocks and spins making it hard to use.

A great case to show off your Nexus 6, but not without issue.

http://www.spigen.com/nexus-6-case-ultra-hybrid.html

Secondly I found the Casebase Wallet in white, only £5.99 on eBay so was not expecting too much. But this is a gorgeous case, very well made, built in stand, duel speaker slots and slick credit card slot. Also when using the phone on a flat surface the case stops the phone tilting or spinning, making typing easy and fuss free, plus it adds to the phones slick looks. The only downside is that there is no magnetic tab to keep the case closed, but this is because the Nexus buttons are located where this would normally be. So far I've not had any issue due to the lack of a case tab.

A fabulous looking case at an amazing price. Recommended for full protection.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-CAS...ROLA-NEXUS-6-/141478402498?varId=440628271371

Ultimately I have chosen to keep the Casebase on my phone as it has so many useful features, does not make the phone look bulky and has a slick design.

Last edited:
Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
Please can someone advise me. My husband has an Orzly wallet case for his N5. I had a Diztronic rubbery case for my N4. I like the way his glass is completely covered and protected but wondered if it is as strong when dropped? I am a horse rider and a bit accident prone! Any advice gratefully accepted as I am in love with my new phone and don't want to damage it!

Upvote 0
I recently bought this Cruzerlite case from Amazon, and received it a few days ago. It's my around-the-house clothes for the N6. It's a nice, sturdy gel-wrap case that looks and feels great, although offers minimal protection if dropped. It'll prevent scuffing, but I'm sure doesn't offer much protection, if any, against cracking the screen. I like that it has cut-outs for the buttons, something my Spigen cases don't have and they really dampen any tactile feedback from the buttons. Nice to have them exposed.

CAM00001_zps8058bcc5.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P0HJDI8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Upvote 0
Please can someone advise me. My husband has an Orzly wallet case for his N5. I had a Diztronic rubbery case for my N4. I like the way his glass is completely covered and protected but wondered if it is as strong when dropped? I am a horse rider and a bit accident prone! Any advice gratefully accepted as I am in love with my new phone and don't want to damage it!
I feel your best bet is a thick rubbered case like the Encase ArmourDilo hybrid case to help with high fall impacts, sadly there is no screen protection and I know of no case that could possibly survive a hoof print! :thinking: I would recommend keeping your N6 in an inside zipped pocket while out on a hack. :)

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/encase-armourdillo-hybrid-google-nexus-6-protective-case-red-p50116.htm

Upvote 0
I recently bought this Cruzerlite case from Amazon, and received it a few days ago. It's my around-the-house clothes for the N6. It's a nice, sturdy gel-wrap case that looks and feels great, although offers minimal protection if dropped. It'll prevent scuffing, but I'm sure doesn't offer much protection, if any, against cracking the screen. I like that it has cut-outs for the buttons, something my Spigen cases don't have and they really dampen any tactile feedback from the buttons. Nice to have them exposed.

CAM00001_zps8058bcc5.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P0HJDI8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've been using a blue Cruzerlite case from a couple of days after I received the phone back in November. It's just what I was looking for: minimal bulk with some protection from scuffing the back side, which is all I was really worried about. As a nice bonus, I think it makes the phone easier to grip. The cutout for the headphones jack doesn't allow for some larger plugs, but since my wife got me a pair of bluetooth headphones for Christmas, I don't have to worry about that problem anymore.

Upvote 0
I feel your best bet is a thick rubbered case like the Encase ArmourDilo hybrid case to help with high fall impacts, sadly there is no screen protection and I know of no case that could possibly survive a hoof print! :thinking: I would recommend keeping your N6 in an inside zipped pocket while out on a hack. :)

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/encase-armourdillo-hybrid-google-nexus-6-protective-case-red-p50116.htm
I always keep a phone well zipped up when riding. It's when I'm on the concrete yard and taking it in and out of my pocket to use it that I risk dropping it! I don't like too much bulk but need drop protection. Also the glass tends to get marked from other things in my pocket like keys. That's why I wondered about a wallet case that protects the glass but wasn't sure if a wallet case would protect it enough if dropped onto concrete!

My lady bought me a new case! She bought the Spigen Wallet S for the N6. She has good taste... :D

Received today, phone fits very well and looks super sharp. It has a cutout for the rear cam (obviously) as well as the Moto logo. Has a pocket for cash/receipts, and several card holders.

Very nice. Real leather, and has a similar type of rubber bumper/backing plate to secure the phone in the case and protect its edges. It has a little flap with magnetic clasp to keep the cover closed. If you look at the pics in the ad, it looks like a belt clip, but that's the strap with magnet in actuality.

http://www.amazon.com/Spigen®-Feature-Wallet-Premium-Google/dp/B00OH4IFUM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417467276&sr=8-1&keywords=nexus 6 spigen wallet s

edit: actually, per the ad, it's synthetic leather. Sure smells real though...
Would your phone survive a drop onto concrete in this case? Does the rubber bit provide enough shock absorption?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Would your phone survive a drop onto concrete in this case? Does the rubber bit provide enough shock absorption?

I would think so, especially if we're just talking a few feet. The material of the wallet flaps are nice and thick; lots of padding. The magnetic clasp is strong enough that I believe it would stay closed in a fall. Inside the wallet, the phone itself pops in to a TPU holder that locks the phone in tight and shields the edges.

Upvote 0
Had a black carbon fiber DBrand skin, but just got my new blue carbon fiber DBrand skin installed. Love their quality and the added grip it gives the device! I have been caseless with my phones for years now. It's just so hard for me to hide this phone's beauty with a big bulky case.

Attachments

• 1420851033585.jpg
    1420851033585.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 1420851044642.jpg
    1420851044642.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 0
I had the Spigen Ultra Hybrid case for a while, but the flush buttons were a little hard to find without fumbling for them, so I just picked up a Spigen slim clear case. While I don't think it provides as much protection, I'm kinda liking it ... for now.

View attachment 80157View attachment 80158
I got that exact case delivered today. I love it. Shows my dbrand nicely.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
http://www.amazon.com/Ghostek-Yellow-Attached-Screen-Protector/dp/B00PIVWT28/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1421000387&sr=8-3&keywords=ghostek Nexus 6 case

Just got these the other day in Yellow & Red. Got say a great all around case without any bulk. It's a two piece case, the colored back and then the black trim with screen protector attached. Now I modified mine both to remove the screen protector since I have a glass screen protector already on the N6. I removed it by using an sharp razor blade and cutting a portion of the protector off. Then carefully peeled it all off all the way around. Be very careful when doing so!! I have not experienced any issues with my glass screen protector. Overall it feels good in the hands. My 1 complaint, I wish the volume and power buttons were more pronounced, but they do respond well when pressed. The black front piece also included covers for the headphone jack and micro USB charging port, which is nice if you keep your phone in your pocket so their ports don't collect a lot of dust or lint. Price is right at just under 10 bucks US before shipping.

*Purchased these on my own, they were not provided to me.*

Ordered from Amazon this Caseology case in black. Got it the other day.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OM9EAN8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Been using it for several days now. Has cut outs for all the buttons and ports. Easy access to them all, but if there is 1 negative the cutout for the volume and power button sticks out over the buttons a bit, therefore recessing the buttons inwards. Case has a much more glossy look to it, than the pictures from Amazon show, but not to slippery as I've felt worse. No interference with my glass screen protector that's affixed. Overall another affordable case that does it's job well.

Upvote 0
I do not have any experience with wireless charging, so I did a thorough search of available products. I ended up buying the Itian Qi Wireless Charging Pad from Amazon (qualifies for Prime Shipping) for $12.00. It is almost exactly the same size as my Nexus 6 and quickly links every time as long as I have the "u" in Nexus in the center of the charging pad. There are no issues with the phone sliding off the pad, even when vibrating. Unlike other options, this pad includes a quality cable and a 2 amp wall adapter. The phone charges fast. When the phone reaches 100%, the pad turns off. Unless the screen is active, there is no heat generated. I couldn't be happier and strongly recommend the Itian Qi Wireless Charging Pad. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: SAL8116
Upvote 0
For many years, I have used car docks that stuck with suction to the windshields of my vehicles. However, my Porsche Boxster S has a pretty small windshield, so that real estate is precious. After looking as dozens of options I ended up buying an Ipow Universal 360°rotation CD Slot Car Mount from Amazon (Prime Shipping) for $15.98. Good news: It is a quality product. For example, unlike other models, the adjustment screws all have metal shafts and don't twist off when I crank down of them. Also, the gadget holds my Nexus 6 securely without touching the power switch or volume rocker. Bad news: Size matters! The three paddles that are supposed to slide into my CD slot were too thick for the slot. My solution was a bit of "southern engineering". I opened the device up (six tiny Phillips screws) and pried the plastic off the metal paddles. When reassembled, the gadget now slid into my CD slot, but was too thin to stay there. I then added Velcro pads to the metal paddles, and now it works like a charm. This puts my Nexus 6 in perfect position to navigate my Porsche Boxster, my Lexus 350, and my old reliable Ford Expedition.

Last edited:
Reactions: dalesponyrider
Upvote 0
For many years, I have used car docks that stuck with suction to the windshields of my vehicles. However, my Porsche Boxster S has a pretty small windshield, so that real estate is precious. After looking as dozens of options I ended up buying an Ipow Universal 360°rotation CD Slot Car Mount from Amazon (Prime Shipping) for $15.98. Good news: It is a quality product. For example, unlike other models, the adjustment screws all have metal shafts and don't twist off when I crank down of them. Also, the gadget holds my Nexus 6 securely without touching the power switch or volume rocker. Bad news: Size matters! The three paddles that are supposed to slide into my CD slot were too thick for the slot. My solution was a bit of "southern engineering". I opened the device up (six tiny Phillips screws) and pried the plastic off the metal paddles. When reassembled, the gadget now slid into my CD slot, but was too thin to stay there. I then added Velcro pads to the metal paddles, and now it works like a charm. This puts my Nexus 6 in perfect position to navigate my Porsche Boxster, my Lexus 350, and my old reliable Ford Expedition.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RYYPV90/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really don't like windscreen suction docks and really like the sound of this. I am in the UK though and can't find this particular one on Amazon uk. Does anyone have a recommendation for a UK cd slot car dock please?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones