Official O2 annoucement and then a wealth of misinformationTips

1. Rhysd2

Rhysd2 Well-Known Member

Well its been officially annouced by O2 that they will be stocking the dell streak/mini 5 in "early june" at their shops and at carphonewarehouse.

http://mediacentre.o2.co.uk/Press-Releases/Dell-Streak-to-launch-exclusively-on-O2-29d.aspx

There was then a series of posts by the usual tech sites which all had slightly different info in. See the following links.

Dell Streak hits the UK as an O2 exclusive | Electricpig

Dell Streak official: exclusive to O2 UK in early June -- Engadget

Dell Streak official: O2 UK in June, US this Summer [Video] - SlashGear

The main contradictions at this point seem to be over exactly what version of Android it'll be running at launch and when it'll receive the OTA update to froyo. The other main contradiction seems to be over exactly how much internal memory it has.

But either way its coming :) Cant wait to try it out and see if I like the size or not. Though if it does launch with 1.6 I'll be a bit disappointed.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rhysd2

Rhysd2 Well-Known Member

Dell Streak

carphone warehouse confirming its android 1.6 out the box with a OTA "soon" and 16gb micro sd included with it. Not sure if that means inbuilt 16gb and then also your additional SD card slot or just that 16gb. Hopefully they will put that 16gb in the "hidden" slot inside the body
  3. SEI

SEI Active Member

Will it be sold contract free?
  4. Rhysd2

Rhysd2 Well-Known Member

The information yesterday was not yet but I've had a chat with a contact we have at Dell and they are saying yes. He couldn't give me much info other than pictures but he did give me a price range in dollars. How accurate that is I dont know but he did seem to think it'd be sold separately off contract.
  5. SEI

SEI Active Member

How much did he say it was? Now I have to find someone to help me buy as I'm in Canada lol
  6. Rhysd2

Rhysd2 Well-Known Member

We'd heard $399-$549 but the details the person we spoke to had are very very sketchy so I wouldnt take this as a solid bit of info.
  7. crovax85

crovax85 Member

I think it will be sold contract free for something like
  8. nb_mitch

nb_mitch Well-Known Member

All the usual sites are now reporting it will be free with contract on O2, copied from CNNTech:

"Dell's touchscreen tablet will go on sale Friday in the UK at retailer The Carphone Warehouse for