Official Orange UK and 2.1 update threadGeneral

Last Updated:

1. richardsilv

richardsilv Member This Topic's Starter

This is what orange UK just sent me

Great news. In the next few weeks there'll be a software update available for your Sony Ericsson X10. For more information go to orange.co.uk/helpx10

Its a pity iv already updated lol

Advertisement
  2. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

3. ankh

ankh Well-Known Member

was your x10 running 020 when it was on 1.6 cause thats what Im still on. Ive had no update to 026 or anything so I dont know if Orange are going to bundle it with 2.1 or not.
    Also Orange told me a while ago. They said by the end of the month we should have it.

wynney666 likes this.
  4. X10iUser

Not sure why they would when R2B firmware is for 1.6.

5. richardsilv

richardsilv Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah it was running on 020 but I couldn wait for the update, as I had the phone already rooted I just switched to nordic, i'l probably switch back when the orange update comes lol

6. tomb32

tomb32 Member

got the same message but im unbranded (ive checked)so if its just to say that they are working on an update (not to say 2.1 but just an update) it just seems a bit pointless to a network giving us this info when nothing has been said from sony when the generic one is coming so i wouldnt hold your breath for too long but it is a good sign to see that there working

7. X10iUser

It's to be hoped it's 2.1, would be a bit poor to just give you 026 now and 2.1 after the New Year.

8. tomb32

tomb32 Member

lol would be good heres your new update and its not but saying that the white was orange exclusive so hope they got 2.1 now

9. tracer2009

tracer2009 Active Member

If you follow the link in the text message to orange.co.uk/helpx10 there is more info which clearly states the update will be 2.1

10. leekstar

leekstar Active Member

I'm on Orange..haven't had this message yet. I'm hoping the update will sort my wifi and bluetooth out :(

11. david1806

david1806 Well-Known Member

Hi all
    I've just spoken to a rep from Orange regarding the 2.1 upgrade for the x10 in the UK. She told me the upgrade became available last week, and at some point all Orange users with an x10 will get a text informing of the upgrade, turn off phone etc. and it will happen automatically. Apparantly, it's on a queing system which is why we don't get the upgrade immediately, but it will happen. And no, she couldn't give me a time! No surprises there.
    She also told me that to do it yourself, the best way is to go the Sony Ericsson site, and download the upgrade from there. I haven't tried that yet, but I'll keep you posted on any success I may or may not have.
    Hope this helps......
    Cheers, David
    :)

12. ankh

ankh Well-Known Member

Ive been checking the companion thing everday since last friday but Ive had nothing

13. ljstrawson

ljstrawson Member

i received a text from orange on the 4th nov saying "great news in the next few weeks there'll be a software update availble for your x10"

14. david1806

Yep, I just tried it thru companion, got nothing. Gonna speak to Orange again tomorrow. Will keep you posted.

15. tomsamson

tomsamson New Member

Ok,
    My friend and I have exactly the same phone, the SE Xperia X10i and we are both on exactly the same network, Orange. We've both been waiting for ages like everyone else to get the 2.1 android update.
    We both got the same text from orange last week explaining that the update will be coming soon.

Yesterday he went on his phone settings, went on "about phone" and then onto software update and update now. His phone then prompted him to plug his phone into the PC and download and install the 2.1 update.

However much to my frustration when I do the same my phone tells me "Your phone already has the latest software." When I still only have 1.6 .
    How can he have the same model of phone and the same network, yet he gets the update I can't.

How comes I havn't had the update???:(

(Sorry if this is a stupid question.)

16. david1806

Yep, I just tried it thru companion, got nothing. Gonna speak to Orange again tomorrow. Will keep you posted.

17. DellyBelly

DellyBelly Well-Known Member

Most of the time updates are rolled out in a staggered fashion; if everyone got the update all at once it could strain their servers, so they stagger it to avoid this.

18. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums, Tom.

As DellyBelly replied to you, updates are rolled out in a manner which appears to device users as random (or "unfair" ;)). What they are trying to do is avoid server break downs due to over use.

Sometimes it's a regional rollout, other times it's done truly randomly with a random number generator issuing device id codes in no order at all.

All eligible devices receive the update as long as they have a battery installed and are in working order (read, "not taken apart"). A non-eligible device is one with certain stock software not in place, which can happen when a user roots his or her phone and removes said software, thus the frenzy to return rooted phones back to their stock condition in order to receive an update.

I moved the thread to the X10 area for you.

19. tomb32

tomb32 Member

right new question ive got the unbranded x10 with a orange sim and i have had shodey network signal and no internet anyone help me out (ive been into orange called tec and they have sent me the internet settings but still nothing)

20. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

21. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

I've merged all of the threads pertaining to Orange and the 2.1 update in one thread. If you have info from Orange for the 2.1, please post it here.

Thanks,
    Roze

22. ankh

ankh Well-Known Member

Does anyone else have 2.1 yet? Im still waiting for it.

23. alex_ncfc

alex_ncfc Well-Known Member

I'm on Orange - I managed to get it through SEUS over a week ago. Nobody had any joy through this method?

24. ankh

ankh Well-Known Member

Everytime I go on SEUS or Pc companion it says I have the latest software. Did yours say that? and if it did, did you just ignor it and install the software?

25. gunner81uk

gunner81uk Member

Just had my update using seus