1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

***Official Photon 4G Accessories Discussion Thread***Tips

1. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

I won a TPC Case (smoke color) over at xda and got it today, I'll put up the review of it tomorrow on Amazon as well as here and xda.

TS out
  2. brushrop03

brushrop03 Well-Known Member

I'm using the Rocketfish case from Best Buy. Wouldn't recommend it. I dropped it on my carpeted floor one day, and the case just came open. Another thing is that with the case it makes it a lot trickier to get to the notification bar, but this may be a con for any case with this phone.
  3. Whiskeypawz

Whiskeypawz Well-Known Member

M@XLOL Thanks for posting the pics! I think it looks great, now I want one! I don't know if I want to try applying it myself but maybe I'll take it to Best Buy & see if they would do it for me.

*Update* I just ordered mine in the silver. :) Will post pics if I manage to get it applied correctly.
  4. blindman13

blindman13 Well-Known Member

A case not to get: Electromaster(TM) Brand - Black Silicone Rubber Gel Soft Skin Case Cover New for Motorola Photon 4G MB855.

Ordered it from amazon and it looked very slim on the picture. But when I got it, it was very loose and thicker then the picture. By loose I mean almost like stretched out! garbage :(
  5. Godfather13

Godfather13 Well-Known Member

Blindman, does it look like the one in my pictures at the bottom of Page 3 of this thread?
  6. blindman13

blindman13 Well-Known Member

Almost the same. I have cut outs for volume and camera buttons, and the mic cutout is abit smaller.

I think im just gana have to bite the bullet and go to the mall to try them all on untill i like it.
  7. neboo11

neboo11 Member

8. mitchedo

mitchedo Well-Known Member

Kickstand: Definitely a problem without fingernails. You can press on the end with the lines and it's supposed to raise up on the other end, but I find it takes a nail to press that -- without a case. A case would make it even harder.

Dirt trap: Ayup, the screen is raised at the edges. I actually like it, since it keeps the glass off the surface of a desk if you lay it face down, but mine does attract lint there. Not a big deal, as I wipe fingerprints off the thing a dozen times a day.

Case: I ordered a shiny black TPU case and an XtremeGuard screen protector. ...they are scheduled for delivery today. I looked at the Otterbox commuter on a friend's iPhone, and it's really overpriced for what it is. I would consider it at the $10-$12 price range, but not at $26. It's kinda thick too. My daughter has a Defender on her iPhone, and that thing is a beast! It at least doubles the thickness of the phone, and it feels even bigger than that.

I've never dropped my Touch Pro once in the 34 months I've owned it. I have insurance coverage on my electronic devices through my homeowner's policy. It's really cheap (seems like about $15/year) and covers loss, theft, damage with a $50 deductible. I think the TPU will serve me well. The main reason I'm getting it is because the MoPho is a bit more challenging to hold than my Touch Pro.
  9. darkhelmet

darkhelmet Member

The goofball on eBay jacked up his price for the wallet I was going to get so I got the an Otterbox Defender instead - SWEEEET! Covers the entire phone and completely protects it from shock and awe. I could not find one thing wrong with the Defender.

Too bad black is the only color they offer :(
  10. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

i completely forgot to post my review.
    my review of the case here.
    Also added quite a few images.

TS out
  11. Whiskeypawz

Ok, I don't like it!! It looks like I put a sticker on my phone!! Going to leave it for a day or two to see if it grows on me. Would NOT recommend this or any other "skin". I was thinking full body coverage meant full body, not gaps on the sides & corners. :rolleyes:
  12. Boo Boo

Boo Boo Well-Known Member

13. M@XLOL

M@XLOL Well-Known Member

If something doesn't fit well contact their customer service. They will absolutely rectify the issue for you.
    Whiskeypawz likes this.
  14. Whiskeypawz

I've been trying to call them for a couple of hours & it just keeps sending me to customer service voicemail. Sent them an email but no reply yet.
    The screen saver seems like it's too big. It won't seal on the bottom corners. I've tried 3 times & still can't get it to work. :mad:
  15. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Seidio has screen protectors and other products in development!
    seidioonline.com

I'm ordering a screen protector out now, just to see how it compares to the other one I have on the way.
    abrawner and twospirits like this.
  16. abrawner

abrawner Active Member

Seidio has long been my "go to" source for accessories, batteries, etc. I also ordered the screen protectors, come on extended batt! :)
  17. drexappeal

I actually don't buy much from Seidio (I've always felt their pricing was a 'bit over priced), but they do have very good quality products. I've never tried their screen protectors before, but considering it was free shipping (and no tax to CA), I decided to give it a shot. I'm trying some other brands of screen protectors as well, just compare. I'm still holding out hope that SGP will make an ultra crystal one for the MoPho at some point.
  18. drexappeal

Before anybody goes ahead and buys the Seidio screen protectors, I don't find them to be any better than the ones I purchased from Amazon:

Amazon.com: Motorola Photon 4G Screen Protector Premium Crystal Clear (2-Pack) by NU-CLEAR: Cell Phones & Accessories

Dry install, crystal clear, feels as close to the glass feeling as possible. Only thing is, both the one from Amazon and the ones from Seidio aren't cut to the edge top or bottom edge exactly. They're cut a little short, so I'm not a big fan of the gap at either the top or bottom of the phone (depending on how you install).

I'm still going to wait for SGP, as they seem to cut all the way as close to the edges as possible.
  19. thekarens

thekarens Well-Known Member

I've found Boxwave to have the best screen protectors, but I probably won't put one on my Photon.
  20. drexappeal

For those of you that are fans of Seidio cases, the holsters are now showing pictures (even though they're still "under development").
  21. JSchu22

JSchu22 Well-Known Member Contributor

Are they cut short of the plastic bezel, or short of the end of the flat glass area (since there is that rounded edge of the glass)?
  22. drexappeal

It's cut short on the glass area, so if you line up the top based on the cutouts, the bottom of the screen protector doesn't reach all the way to the bottom bezel area. It only reaches below the bottom buttons.

Another thing I should mention is that, these screen protectors do attract fingerprints (which isn't big for me, but I know that's a pet peeve for some people).
  23. drexappeal

Just wanted to add some updated information on the cheap screen protector I purchased from Amazon...It scratches easily!...LOL. I don't mean just cosmetic, I mean physically you can feel deep scratches. I already have a couple (must've brushed my keys against the screen without realizing it).

Anyhow, still holding out hope for sgp to make one.
  24. epark1281

epark1281 Member

Woot! Batteries are 5 bucks on amazon now!
  25. drexappeal