General .:Official Rezound Best Deals Thread:.

1. mcmls

mcmls New Member

Thursday I returned my Gnex and ordered the Rezound from amazon for $150 with an estimated delivery date of Dec 30th - Jan 3rd. This morning I get an email that the phone is backorderd for up to a month (new delivery date of Jan 6th - Feb 6th) and they want to cancel my order unless I approve the new delivery date.

So I approved the new delivery date after I realized that if I try to order the phone now it would be $250.

This is killing me, I am now stuck with my OG droid for a couple more weeks.
  2. TrooperThorn

TrooperThorn Well-Known Member

The same thing happened to me. So frustrating. Though my estimated ship date is Jan 12 - Jan 31. I really want to cancel this order but I just can't suck it up and pay the extra somewhere else.
  3. random155

random155 Well-Known Member

Im hoping that the delivery estimates are exaggerated. I really dont think that it will take a retailer 3-5 weeks to get an item in stock.
  4. daffy113

daffy113 Well-Known Member

They are right too. I got a price match just by calling *611 :D
  5. Mr. Incredible

Mr. Incredible Well-Known Member

Rezound is now $199 on the Verizon website.

Great for those of us that had their upgrade snagged by a family member and now need to return the favor.
  6. OilburnerdDE

OilburnerdDE Member

Hello all,
    First time poster. Long time (deal) lurker.. Missed Costco BF $49.99 deal for upgraders.

Wirefly has the Rezound for $179.99 for upgrader's and $99.99 for new lines or contracts.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  7. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Costco has the rezound for 169.99. Great deal, IMO. They have a pretty good return policy and tax policy. :)
    NightAngel79 and highvolts like this.
  8. pca27607il

pca27607il New Member

Expecting delivery today from Verizon; used my last $50 "loyalty" credit, so paid $149.99. Hope it's worth it!
  9. techman01

techman01 Well-Known Member

Current Deal Roundup:
    Direct from Vzw - $199 new/upgrade/add-a-line

Amazon - $149 new | $249 upgrade | $219 add-a-line

Wirefly - $99 new | $179 upgrade | $99 add-a-line

LetsTalk - $119 new | $179 upgrade | $179 add-a-line

Seems odd that amazon would be so high relative to the corp pricing. Looks like they haven't changed their price since corp price dropped from 299 to 199. I emailed them, they responded pricing will remain the same for now.
  10. techman01

As of today, Amazon has reduced the price to $99 for new lines and $179 for upgrades, effectively matching wirefly...
  11. nixternal

nixternal Member

I have made up my mind, looks like the Rezound will be my next phone. I want to purchase online, however every place wants me to purchase a new plan and I want to keep the one I already have with unlimited data. Anyone know if you can get around this so I can save a few extra dollars?

EDIT: Costco is sold out and backordered according to them just today when I went into the store.
  12. lowlyworm

lowlyworm Well-Known Member

Verizon will let you keep your unlimited data. I ordered from Amazon. Their web order form let me keep my current plan, but forced me into choosing a new text plan. I bent over on that, but a call to VZW CS let me keep the now discontinued 250 text/$5 plan. During the call, I confirmed retention of unlimited data.

Relax. Get the phone. It's well worth $150. At full price, I'm not as certain.
    nixternal likes this.
  13. nixternal

nixternal Member

I never get the option to keep my current plan on Amazon. Maybe I am not doing something correctly. I am clicking on the Upgrade/Renew radio button, but nothing more that I can see. Where can I get it for $150? $180 on Amazon right now. $170 at Costco, but they don't know when they will have them again.
  14. techman01

upgrades are more, 180. Amazon new/add-a-line price was 150 now its 99.

After getting the phone just call vzw customer service they will set it so you keep your current plans...
  15. pca27607il

pca27607il New Member

I got mine for $150 by using the $50 loyalty credit Verizon gives customers every 2 years. They no longer offer this benefit; this is my last credit :-(.
  16. Myco

Myco Active Member

It's back online at Costco $169.99. Better return policy and free shwag but pay full tax, at least here in CA. *edit* Amazon finally on the ball with this one and is now new for $80, upgrade for $160. Can't imagine it going much lower for quite a while, at least too long a wait for those of us with an OG Droid that requires daily resuscitation.
  17. techman01

Current Deal Roundup:
    Direct from Vzw - $199 new/upgrade/add-a-line

Amazon - $79 new | $159 upgrade | $79 add-a-line

Wirefly - $99 new | $179 upgrade | $99 add-a-line

LetsTalk - $119 new | $179 upgrade | $179 add-a-line

Costco - $169 but comes with case, car charge, screen protector
  18. lou61166

lou61166 Well-Known Member

Damn should have waited,but i do not feel cheated by the 149.00 i paid back in December,the rezound has been good to me.
  19. hovercraftdriver25

hovercraftdriver25 Well-Known Member

I just purchased my Rezound for 49.00 on VZW website, upgrading from my Incredible. Originally upgrade device page said it would cost me 149, 199-50 loyalty discount. By the time I checked out, it charged me 49...listed price as 199 - 150 discount. Had a chat online with a gal that didin't offer an explanation, but said it was a good price. So it will be here tomorrow :D
  20. OilburnerdDE

OilburnerdDE Member

Just tried with my OG Droid, no dice. I only had a $30 loyalty discount, so my checkout price was 169.99. Wish it worked for me, I would be all over it.
  21. CM67

CM67 Well-Known Member

Are you anywhere near Chicago?

I heard some time back if you upgraded from 3g to a 4g phone you would get a $100.00 off if in that region.
  22. hovercraftdriver25

hovercraftdriver25 Well-Known Member

Nope, in Panama city, FL, a non-4g area at this point. I was prepared to pay the 149, and was pleasantly surprised at the end result. That's why I chatted with online Rep to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. Obviously, I didn't ask a whole lot of "why" questions and she didn't offer that there was some hidden promo...just verified what I was seeing was correct before I purchased. I really can't offer an explanation for it though. Fedex says it will be here by 3 today...49 plus 13 for over night is all my card was charged.

Edit* I added the receipt received via email for verification...maybe someone can use it to say WTF Verizon...

Attached Files:

23. Bradb54452

Bradb54452 Member

I noticed that the Rezound was Free with upgrade on Wirefly this week until this past wednesday. I was gonna pull the trigger earlier this week but then i decided to wait. Now when i decided thats the phone i want they did away with the free and bumped the price up to $179.99. Does anybody know how often they have these deals on wirefly.com? Im cheap so i'll only get a phone if its free.
  24. FussBoss

FussBoss Well-Known Member

added a line to get the phone, ported from att -

got it at best buy
    priced matched amazon for 79.99
    got the $50 giftcard for signing up on the best buy site
    they applied the $50 gift card to the 79.99 for the phone.

Not bad.
  25. dubbsix

dubbsix Well-Known Member

If you were holding on to buy a REZ, might wanna hop onto vzw.com as the phone is 99.99 online right now...

provided you are due for an upgrade.
    Musky likes this.