• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Samsung Fascinate 2.2 Speculation Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you all think that this HUGE delay in getting 2.2 to the Samsung phones could possibly have something to do with the carriers being unhappy that Samsung did not follow through with the production of screens for other manufacturers, like the HTC Incredible?

Just a thought....I have no proof just wondering.
signalsF.jpg

Upvote 0
I keep coming back to this forum occasionally while trying to troubleshoot some minor issues on my SF. I have to say, this is my first smartphone, I love it, and don't think I could live without one after this. When I bought this in October I expected an update sooner to froyo, and while I am very intrigued by rooting and really WANT to, i have no idea what any of you are talking about!! The learning curve is too much for me, I don't have that kind of time to start from scratch to learn how to make my phone do what I want it to do. Also, right now my phone and computer don't recognize each other and I can't figure out why. I hope Veriizon gets me some froyo soon!

Upvote 0
Do you all think that this HUGE delay in getting 2.2 to the Samsung phones could possibly have something to do with the carriers being unhappy that Samsung did not follow through with the production of screens for other manufacturers, like the HTC Incredible?

Just a thought....I have no proof just wondering.

Samsung is sloooooow based on WM Samsung phones I've had. Verizon is slooooow compared to Sprint for the same phone (Always at least a month behind). I've had smartphones since 2002.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking about Sprint for 2 things, slightly faster updates and NASCAR live.

Sprint really isn't any faster with updates....the epic 4g and us have been in the same situation til now even though it came out earlier....the evolution got 2.2 around the same time as the Droid x and inc.....and for top tier phones that's about it.....also as attractive as sprints pricing has been, they too lately have cut a lot of pricing promotions and are raising 3g data rates

And as for top tier android phones.....they're certainly at the bottom of the heap in terms of how many they have/get and really have nothing on the horizon

Upvote 0
I just thought I should put the rumors to rest. Samsung has every intention on delivering the Froyo update on time as they had initially stated. They said by the end of the year. We just misinterpreted the end of the year as 2010. They really meant 2011. They are confident they'll hit the target date they just don't know if it will be in November or December. LOL.

Upvote 0
I just thought I should put the rumors to rest. Samsung has every intention on delivering the Froyo update on time as they had initially stated. They said by the end of the year. We just misinterpreted the end of the year as 2010. They really meant 2011. They are confident they'll hit the target date they just don't know if it will be in November or December. LOL.

Ok, so I signed in just to +1 this comment. I literally laughed out loud, here in the office. The people across from me are like "dude what's so funny" and I'm all like "oh that silly Samsung is at it again!"

+1 to jkensing for the lolz.

Upvote 0
Although I respect the root crowd and I'm appreciating my phone a little more...I will not buy another Samsung product after this. Their customer service flat out sucks. Next time I'm buying based on what I want "now" vs what it could be and from a company that knows what the hell its doing.

My sights are looking towards LG now. HTC is leaving HDMI output in the dust with their new phones, and even beasts like the future, upcoming Pyramid aren't looking to put it back on. Everyone (including Samsung!!) is emphasizing these special wireless standards that nobody has and are currently on products too expensive or too obscure to become mainstream. I want something I can actually USE when I go places for video viewing off my phone.

In addition, HTC puts their controversial Sense interface on all their phones (they are even making a stink to MS to put it on Windows 7 phones.) While sense is definitely the most mature and well supported of the non-stock interfaces (such as Blur or TW), it's still something added on that makes the phone slower to receive updates, and less like the clean, stock google experience. They've got it dialed in nicely on the Thunderbolt, but again, there's no video out there. And HTC is not known for wonderful battery life on their Android phones.

Motorola is going crazy with locked bootloaders, as far as we know anyways. We'll see what the Atrix and the Bionic really have on them, but so far it's not looking good.

LG looks to have a relatively stock Android experience coming to Verizon with the Revolution, and it will have HDMI out. It's not dual core monster, but Verizon is likely to be behind the curve on android for a while now that they can haz iPhonez.

If LG's Revolution doesn't absolutely suck at battery life, it will likely be my next phone. After getting more and more involved with the Android OS on a variety of phones, and interacting with devs and their excellent work, I'm really starting to appreciate more open and stock android approaches from manufactures.

Upvote 0
Although I respect the root crowd and I'm appreciating my phone a little more...I will not buy another Samsung product after this. Their customer service flat out sucks. Next time I'm buying based on what I want "now" vs what it could be and from a company that knows what the hell its doing.

I hear ya....unfortunately there are no great oems android wise in my book to rely on...

samsung....well we all know why they suck

Moto is reprehensible in their device lockdown and should be kicked out of the open handset alliance and go make windows phones

Htc is launching outdated hardware on a consistant basis now and hasn't been cutting edge since the evo launched...and their nand lock makes me wary...wouldn't buy another phone from them until its confirmed s-off...don't want to be stuck with no root for two months

And really lg is too new to the game to be taken seriously yet....the jury will be out on them for awhile

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones