• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Speed Test and WiMax Deployment Thread

First time poster, long time lurker. I just had a question for eieio like many others have. I don't need a speed test but I was more curious to how far outside NYC the 4G rollout would reach? I live right out the outskirts of Manhattan in New Jersey and was wondering if any parts of NJ would be included when switched on? Maybe more specifically Cliffside Park, NJ :)

I am not sure but the NE looks like it will be well lit in that area.. N.E seems to be strong this year.. I figure by Christmas there will be no holes at all, rumor of course.. Of all the areas N.E. looks strong in coverage

Upvote 0
This might have been asked before honestly I didn't read all the pages since my last post, but since you're checking could you give me speeds for NYC?

NYC is strange DL is very low but uploads are in the 3+ range. Makes me think they are tweaking or getting ready for media uploads on the 12th

Reactions: esone1ll and LatinP
Upvote 0
Guys I am guessing alot of this stuff. I don't want anyone to be mad if I am off.

I will not say I am sure, I am positive or none of that stuff like other guys..

I am guessing based on what I can test and get feedback on.. So please don't kill me if I am off..

We appreciate the guesstimates even if they are just rumors it keeps the excitement going, especially on slow media days. I wouldn't want you to get fired over anything though be careful.

Upvote 0
We appreciate the guesstimates even if they are just rumors it keeps the excitement going, especially on slow media days. I wouldn't want you to get fired over anything though be careful.

The coverage is not looking very wide but NJ is lit up. So they might be tweaking towers or focusing towers for that event..

I do not know NY very well. I only been there a few times, brooklyn, ny and NJ for work and rolled out. They might be alot I am missing there

Upvote 0
Dallas is the closest to him/her

Interesting...I actually live between Austin and San Marcos...but spend much of my time in Austin...work etc. I thought San Antonio was a done deal already....but the big surprise for me is San Marcos. Not exactly a large town....but a college town none the less. So....it might be super popular there with good marketing to the students. Depending on the range...which is a pretty dry subject....I might get a signal at my home...something I hadn't planned on having....so if it's a 20 mile range I will have WiMax at home. Thank you for the information! :D

PS...don't get fired...if there truly is a danger you might want to stop while your ahead. No one would want to see this happen!

Upvote 0
Interesting...I actually live between Austin and San Marcos...but spend much of my time in Austin...work etc. I thought San Antonio was a done deal already....but the big surprise for me is San Marcos. Not exactly a large town....but a college town none the less. So....it might be super popular there with good marketing to the students. Depending on the range...which is a pretty dry subject....I might get a signal at my home...something I hadn't planned on having....so if it's a 20 mile range I will have WiMax at home. Thank you for the information! :D

PS...don't get fired...if there truly is a danger you might want to stop while your ahead. No one would want to see this happen!
Check out this link posted awhile back it shows the towers in TEXAS. TowerCo

Buda?

Reactions: andiron and LatinP
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones