[Official] Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE Pre-release thread - Sprint official launch is Saturday, June 2General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Welcome to the official HTC One X pre-release thread for the Sprint... EVO One (we think). :)

By members' request we've moved a few things around, and did a blending.

Latest rumor seems to be a June 6 release date, hopefully we'll hear the dates and details at the upcoming announcement April 4th.

Advertisement
    marctronixx and 330D like this.
  2. Lorak

Lorak Well-Known Member

Hopefully not with that battery. 1800mh non-removable. That is an utter failure. If your going to have a non-removable battery it needs to be 3000+ size like the razor maxx.

Of course the specs here don't mention LTE. Maybe they will add a larger battery or at least make it removable for the LTE versions.
  3. Tommydaniel

Tommydaniel Well-Known Member

ORD84 likes this.
  4. slyd

slyd Well-Known Member

ocnbrze, MizzouBrent and NaterTots like this.
  5. slyd

slyd Well-Known Member

Also HTC One does not have a removable battery. How do you pull the battery when all else fails?
  6. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

Surely there has to be an answer for this.... Right?
  7. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Yeah there's a few phones that don't have a removable battery there's usually a switch you can select to kill the power.

I'm more concerned with no SD card.
    BenChase7 and MusicJunkie like this.
  8. scottborasjr

scottborasjr Well-Known Member

Believe it when it is announced
  9. rsoria1

rsoria1 Well-Known Member

that phone looks pretty sick! i hope they release it to sprint then i guess i will hang up the ogevo... not quite sure how i feel about that yet.
  10. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Theres been rumors of it for quite a while. Sprint will re-brand this as an EVO and release it in June like they've done with every other major EVO
  11. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

12. evolution3d

evolution3d Well-Known Member

No removable battery... no removable SD card... starting to remind me of an iDevice. I might wait for the Galaxy SIII
  13. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Guide

Ehh, it'll never be an iDevice. Those things aren't exactly deal breakers. If it bothers you that much, don't buy it. It's that simple. These new HTC branded devices are going to set a standard going forward for HTC, and honestly I'm impressed with what they are doing.
  14. evolution3d

evolution3d Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, most of the device looks amazing, but honestly those two things are definitely a step in the wrong direction, IMO. For people that like to flash different ROMs often and things of that nature an SD card comes in extremely handy. I would consider it a deal breaker, otherwise I would be drooling over the impending Galaxy Nexus on Sprint.
  15. NYCHitman1

I flash tons of ROMs, but I still don't see a need for an SD card for anything besides pictures. For all storage needs, you can use a PC to backup your data. Nandroid backups and the like.
  16. Vanquished

Vanquished Well-Known Member

First, here is a cool article about the materials and processes used to make the new One series phones:
    HTC's dark materials: hands-on photos with the gray One S, black One X | The Verge

Second, here is some info about the One X:
    One X Specs, Reviews, & Latest News | HTC | The Verge

I would love this phone, but there are two versions, and with Sprint getting LTE we are supposedly getting the gimped version (dual-core vs. quad-core) because Nvidia's Tegra 3 doesn't play nice with LTE apparently...

Although the gap between the Tegra 3 and the Snapdragon S4 appear to be very small according to Anandtech, Tegra 3 gets all the exlusive crap because, well, it's Nvidia...:
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/5563/qualcomms-snapdragon-s4-krait-vs-nvidias-tegra-3

With all of that said, if Sprint only gets the LTE version then the 4G on this phone will be useless for me since areas with WiMAX are low on priority for the network change.
  17. NYCHitman1

It's not gimped. That S4 Krait puts out tons of power for a next gen dual-core. I don't care about amount of cores. From everything I have read, I would actually prefer the S4 over T3. Mostly because of the energy savings and the ability of having the radios built into the die.
  18. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

True. In addition, cores don't mean everything. The dual core Snapdragon S4 is based on 28nm, A15 architecture, compared to the A9 architecture of the Tegra3 quad core. In most cases, the S4 dual core actually outperforms the quad core. Its anything but "gimped."

Two comparisons:

HTC One X: Snapdragon S4 Krait vs. NVIDIA Tegra 3 Comparison - BriefMobile

AnandTech - The Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 (Krait) Preview Part II
    marctronixx and NYCHitman1 like this.
  19. Bnice

Bnice Guest

I saw the note in Bestbuy the other day and I must say that is the nicest screen I have seen on a device.(phone/tab). Sprint need to bring the HTC ONE X and S to their sprint customers, why limit yourself.?
  20. Tommydaniel

If that was the case than areas like Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Chicago, Baltimore, And San Fran wouldn't be the first areas to get it, but they are. Also all the areas inline for the second round are all Wimax areas...
    marctronixx, NYCHitman1 and BenChase7 like this.
  21. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

It would be nice to bump the specs up, add a kickstand, and get a bigger battery. Because its an EVO, they might put some sort of special feature on it.
  22. NYCHitman1

We'll just have to wait until May to find out. We must have the kickstand back!
  23. Tommydaniel

As long as it's not 3D I will be cool with it.
    Orion and NYCHitman1 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.