• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Official] Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE Pre-release thread - Sprint official launch is Saturday, June 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really looking forward to the new HTC One X or whatever it is going to be named, but with a non-removable battery and no expandable memory I am really looking forward to the GSIII or the Note variant for Sprint. My upgrade isnt til Sept. so I have time to wait. But if either one gets released anytime before that I will be calling CS to see if I could get an early upgrade since I've been with Sprint for 6 years. Hopefully they will let me.;)

Upvote 0
but that uses GSM technology which requires a SIM card lol

i kinda like the sim card idea though, seems like in 10 years sprint might actually be using the same tech as the rest of the world haha, THEN, maybe just maybe all phones will work on any carrier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(someone will phuck it up though, sprint will probably pick some exotic 5g)

Hopefully they keep the original name...but base on Sprint track record, that's a slim chance of happening!

Upvote 0
New Chris Chavez tweet, "Ooooooh... Got a juicy tip. Would an HTC One X with sd card slot and kickstand be the One X to rule them all? ;D"

All I can say to that is.. gimme gimme gimmeeeeeeeee! :)

quick, help me! my jaw is laying on the ground!

CHRIS IF YOU READ THIS YOU MUST POST ARTICLE NOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

i need info and you better not hold out on me chavez, IM WATCHING YOU (on twitter)

Someone get this man a doctor!

Upvote 0
do you mean keep the name "Jet" or "One X"

im kinda thinking they will do either "HTC EVO X" or "HTC EVO X 4G"

sounds good, rolls off the tongue easier then most names and best of all still keeps the EVO name alive AS WELL as the new X branding, of course they lose the one branding but i think in sprints perspective they would rather keep the X but lose the ONE in order to utilize the EVO name.

I'm talking about keep the One X! But If I had to choose between the 2 name you have, I would go with the "HTC EVO X!" It sound's like Darth Vader is saying "EVO X" the force is strong in you! lol!

Reactions: Covert_Death
Upvote 0
NEW potential info from AndroidCentral's Phil:

"Our HTC rep come in today and showed me the new phone that Sprint will be announcing April 4th. The phone is to be called something like HTC EVO ONE and be released June 6th, here is what I know about the phone...
4.7 inch, 720p Amoled screen
1.5 dual-core krait processor
2650mah non-removal battery
16GB internal memory + micro sd card slot
Android 4.0 with 4.0 sense
8 megapixel camera with 2.0 front facing
LTE, beats by Dre audio

Phone is black, & red and has a nice Evo 4g look to it, super thin and feel solid in your hands. Phone also has a kick stand about 1 inch under the camera, seems weird but actually works nice."

Upvote 0

"Our HTC rep come in today and showed me the new phone that Sprint will be announcing April 4th. The phone is to be called something like HTC EVO ONE and be released June 6th, here is what I know about the phone...
LTE, beats by Dre audio

Phone is black, & red and has a nice Evo 4g look to it, super thin and feel solid in your hands. Phone also has a kick stand about 1 inch under the camera, seems weird but actually works nice."

Wow, if the battery is that big, it won't need to be removable. 16GB of internal memory with mirco SD card slot is what I need. I just hope Sprint doesn't take up most of that internal memory with their junk. I'm glad they are bringing back the kick stand too. Sounds like a great phone that has everything this time.

Upvote 0
Just to clarify, Phil got this information from someone else. Phil's forum post said...

Just got the following e-mail. Can't confirm anything, so I'll just put it out there:

Our HTC rep come in today and showed me the new phone that Sprint will be announcing April 4th. The phone is to be called something like HTC EVO ONE and be released June 6th, here is what I know about the phone...
LTE, beats by Dre audio

Phone is black, & red and has a nice Evo 4g look to it, super thin and feel solid in your hands. Phone also has a kick stand about 1 inch under the camera, seems weird but actually works nice.
So a couple thoughts here. ... The Krait proc isn't surprising, since int'll be an LTE device. That's a much bigger battery than what's spec'd on the other One X's, right? So a thicker phone? 16GB of storage? Booooooo. AMOLED display? That's different than the One X, too. Kickstand? Eh, OK.

Thoughts? I'll be at the launch event next week.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0

LTE, beats by Dre audio

Amoled screen? Mirco SD card? Kickstand? Bigger battery? If this is true then it just upped the anty and going to make my choice even harder. Awesome.

Upvote 0
As long as it has a microsd slot, I will be happy with the rest of those specs. Battery sounds good. Still not sure if I will bother upgrading yet. I'm using the Evo3D right now, and it is unlikely I will get 4G here in Wichita in anything less than another year. I may just stick with what I have got until I get a firm date for 4G, especially since Sprint took away the 11 month upgrades and I now have to wait two years for each upgrade. I really want the new Evo, but without 4G I won't really be gaining enough to offset having to wait 2 years for another upgrade.

Losing the 11 month upgrade is the biggest thing I am annoyed with about Sprint, especially after being a customer with 4 lines for almost 15 years.

Upvote 0
Google "Intel knights corner"
And you will see why more cores make a difference, the project started by attempting to place 48 Pentium 1 processors on a single "chip" there is another company that did 128 cores before Intel publicized the 48 core project. Knights Corner is the new/next generation version, at 22nm die process. Pretty cool, 50 cores on a credit card...

However, higher GHz rating had always ruled on the overclocker's websites, over multiple cores.

I also agree that currently there is no need for more than 2 cores on a phone.

when the Tegra 2 launched, Nvidia said the "Kal 'el" would support power modes that would make it use less power than any current CPU add it could power off unused cores and only activate them when a certain threshold was met on the currently active ones. Also, if the multicore kernel modules are loaded in Android, the OS should do a Perry dan good job of utilizing the architecture regardless of how the programmers write/wrote their code.

One other thing, no sd is a killer for me unless they provide massive internal storage, as I find HTC phones work much better with an sd-ext partition on a fast sd card.

Upvote 0
Google "Intel knights corner"
And you will see why more cores make a difference, the project started by attempting to place 48 Pentium 1 processors on a single "chip" there is another company that did 128 cores before Intel publicized the 48 core project. Knights Corner is the new/next generation version, at 22nm die process. Pretty cool, 50 cores on a credit card...

However, higher GHz rating had always ruled on the overclocker's websites, over multiple cores.

I also agree that currently there is no need for more than 2 cores on a phone.

when the Tegra 2 launched, Nvidia said the "Kal 'el" would support power modes that would make it use less power than any current CPU add it could power off unused cores and only activate them when a certain threshold was met on the currently active ones. Also, if the multicore kernel modules are loaded in Android, the OS should do a Perry dan good job of utilizing the architecture regardless of how the programmers write/wrote their code.

One other thing, no sd is a killer for me unless they provide massive internal storage, as I find HTC phones work much better with an sd-ext partition on a fast sd card.

It's already been shown that the S4 is faster than the Tegra 3. It's not just about the cores, but the architecture used for those cores. A15>A9

Upvote 0

LTE, beats by Dre audio

If that's it right there, game over folks, my next phone.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones