1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Official Stable Jelly Bean...

1. DoctorEyeSight

DoctorEyeSight Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone,

I have been following this forum for the past month and until today the official release of Jelly Bean hasn't been released. I was told in a couple of weeks and it has been a month since first week of July.

I would like the official AOKP or official Cyanogenmod 10 along with Jelly Bean; However, the official stable ones are not released yet. Does anyone know when exactly?

I just dislike re-flashing my phone back and forth because I create my phone's layout and place the apps at the right section of my home screen and if I were to re-do that, it would take up a lot of my time.

Overall, I have kept the Jelly Bean excitement in me for a month now.

Advertisement
    :
  2. viper689

viper689 Well-Known Member

If you're waiting for the official Verizon release of JellyBean, then you're going to be waiting till (in my opinion) December at the earliest. The only way to tell if a custom rom is stable is to test it out and be sure to make backups so if something doesn't work, then you can flash back and have everything as it was
    joshua.worth and DoctorEyeSight like this.
  3. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

The Jelly Belly ROM is what I am using and is fantastic, very stable with a clean install. Bugless Beast and Liquid Smooth are also supposed to be good...
    joshua.worth and DoctorEyeSight like this.
  4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

If you use nova launcher, you can backup your desktop settings. Just do that and restore applications from titanium backup and you're set. Restoring a set up, for me, is very easy and quick no matter what ROM I go to.
    DoctorEyeSight likes this.
  5. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

2nd on nova launcher.
  6. mhtrang

mhtrang Well-Known Member

3rd? I love that feature of Nova Launcher. I think Apex has it as well, but since I don't use it, I can't confirm. The two ROMs I've tried (Bugless Beast and XenonHD) have been super stable for me.
  7. veccster

veccster Well-Known Member

How do I backup nova launcher? When I click on the app in the app tray nothing happens. How do I get to the settings?
  8. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

An easy way to get to the settings is to just double tap on any screen. Voila! Nova Launcher Settings appear. ;)
    DoctorEyeSight and jbdan like this.
  9. DoctorEyeSight

Awesome. I never knew that you can restore and save desktop settings using nova launcher.

So when will the first stable build of aokp/cyanogenmod 10 for Jelly Bean be released?
  10. veccster

Not working for me. tap tap tap and nothing... :(
  11. darkcyber

darkcyber Well-Known Member

Yes, Apex Launcher now has that feature. I am using the Apex Launcher that is built into XenonHD and it does that the backup and restore feature. But I have to say I love Nova Launcher just for the backup and restore feature.
  12. Idunno

Idunno Well-Known Member

Yea I was elated the day I found out I could backup my homescreens with nova. Also, not to be rude but you probably shouldn't ask when new releases of ROMs are coming out... its just been my experience that this upsets the developers and hurts more than it helps. I too am anxious for a stable 4.1 AOKP / CM just as much as the next guy, but we have to realize the devs are doing this in their spare time and are not getting/expecting reasonable compensation for their efforts... its all for fun, so when it happens it happens.
    DoctorEyeSight and Outatime like this.
  13. mhtrang

mhtrang Well-Known Member

The double tap might be a gesture for Nova Launcher Prime. Hold the homescreen, tap on the wrench, and then click on backup.
  14. viper689

Patience is a virtue. The best way to ensure ROMs come quicker is to flash the nightly and/or beta releases of these ROMs, and report back to the devs any issues that you've found so that they can fix those. Also donations help =). Appreciate what's out there for us right now.
  15. veccster

I'm on AOKP and have it set that holding the home key does nothing.

Anyway, I just stumbled on how to reach the NOVA settings menu. In the app drawer, there is a settings button (3 dots) in the top right corner. It opens a drop down with Nova Settings as an option.

I just backed it up to the SD card and will now move that backup to my PC. I hate losing settings like that. Thanks NOVA!

Oh, and I agree about pestering Dev's about the release date. Fact is, I'm not really sure why they even create these complicated custom roms and such. What's in it for them? How do they profit from their hard work? It's great to be in the Android history books but that doesn't pay bills...does it?
  16. Steven58

backup for nova is available under "nova settings" then backup. Then you have the option to either restore or backup. Enjoy!
  17. DoctorEyeSight

Which ones are the most stable, no complaints? Codename? I like aokp but in the thread I see users reporting bugs/complaints about the test build ones. I need one for daily use. Currently I am on aokp b40 ICS and I love aokp.
  18. viper689

Bugless Beast was super stable for me but if you want a lot of customization you'll have to look elsewhere. It depends what you want out of the ROM.
  19. Steven58

codename
  20. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

I've used Jelly Bean, Liquid Smooth and XenonHD. Xenon and Jelly Bean would be two I would seriously recommend, Xenon in particular for its speed and just being an overall solid build that just works. While Liquid is great and will continue to improve I'm sure, I had some minor issues with reboots and for some reason the camera wouldn't work in panorama mode and I was getting FC.
  21. DoctorEyeSight

Have you tried most of the roms out for Jelly Bean and compared it to codename?
  22. DoctorEyeSight

Is Xenon stable and official as of today? I see that codename is.
  23. viper689

Xenon is stable. I flashed from LiquidSmooth to Xenon 5.0 today and loving it so far
  24. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

The only "official" you will see is when VZW sends it to your phone.
  25. DoctorEyeSight

But aren't usually the ones from the developers better than the stock one?