• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Swype on Incredible discussions

I must be ******ed. I installed the SwypeIncredible.apk, and I have the keyboard all setup and such, but for some reason I can't get the actual swyping to work. I can TYPE on the keyboard just fine (and yes, it's the Swype keyboard, not Android stock), but even during the tutorial, swyping across the letters produces nothing but a "beep" from the phone, with no text.

edit: turning off the vibration feedback has fixed the problem.

Upvote 0
ugh. installed. went through tutorial. looked at user manual. no swype keyboard seen.

rebooted.

unchecked and checked swype checkobox. looked at user manual. went through tutorial. No swype keyboard seen.

What am i missing??? why won't this keyboard show up?

Edit: Ok - i found that if i press and hold an input box (ie "tap to compose") the swype keyboard appears, but it doesn't appear by default. How do i set my default keyboard to swype?

Edit part two: So that was only for the first time - got it. After you make your selection the first time - that becomes your default. This swype keyboard is amazing so far!!!!!!!!!!! loving it.

Upvote 0
With Swype you only one use one finger or thumb to type? Or can you use both?

One. You type by dragging your finger to the letters without releasing it from the screen. It's ideal in portrait mode for one hand typing, but useless in landscape since you'll have to drag your finger over a much larger keyboard. Although you can tap letters like you do with a normal keyboard, I find it cumbersome and inaccurate.

Reactions: GreatGoo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones