Official T-Mobile G1 Screen ProtectorsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ElusiveByte

ElusiveByte Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just bought a 2-pack of T-Mobile brand G1 screen protectors from the T-Mobile store, and applied one. It was $10 for the two of them. They originally didn't have any, just generic ones. I'm not sure when they started stocking these.

I'm very pleased with the quality! They are crystal clear and very smooth to the touch. Absolutely no scintilation. (The cheap protectors T-Mobile sold me originally were not made for the G1 and had to be cut down. When applied to the screen they acted like a million tiny prisms, causing each pixel to look like a rainbow. As you tilted the phone the colors would shift. It was a subtle effect, because the tiny rainbows still added up overall to appear to be the color the pixel was supposed to be, but it was really annoying at first. The screen looked so much better with no protector at all. The effect diminished with usage as the friction from my finger polished away the microscopic texture that was causing the problem, but it never went completely away.)

I can't say how well the protectors resist scratches, because I'm not about to try to scratch them on purpose. Time will tell.

Like I said, they are smooth to the touch. Not rubbery at all. At first there was excessive friction, but after a little use it's now a pleasant amount of friction. The protector just needed to be lubricated with skin oil.

I highly recommend them.

Advertisement
  2. GeoUSA

GeoUSA Well-Known Member

Thanks. I will give this a try. I have two 1/4" scratches on my screen already. With a little luck they may be less noticable once the protective sheet is in place as well.

3. GeoUSA

GeoUSA Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing this. I picked up a 2 pack from a TMo shop yesterday and really like them. It does mostly mask the two scratches I picked up along the way. I found the protective cover easy to apply but will probably trim the next one so it's about 1/8" less tall. It's a tiny bit too tall.