• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Official Team D1-MIUI

RRS Poll - Please Rate this ROM only if you have flashed it (recently).

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 31 56.4%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
I want to write a full review for this ROM, but I couldn't use it long enough. It's completely unusable on my phone, which is unfortunate because I really wanted to like this ROM. The Launcher / UI is pretty nice and the menu system is great. It also seemed to be very, very fast and smooth.

None of that mattered though, because even after several wipes and re-flashes, I can't use the phone. First and foremost, Titanium restores do not work. If you restore data (which I need to, I don't want to lose app data) it will cause a constant android process crash, rendering the phone useless. I did manage to at least get my SMS/Logs back using MyBackupPro, but no data from other apps. I used the phone for about a day.

Half of my apps don't work. My alarm clock app force closes whenever I try to set an alarm. My Grooveshark app won't play any songs, and so on. On top of all that, the phone will often just freeze up completely, to the point where I cannot turn the screen on or off, and have to do a battery pull to reboot it.

On the plus side, I liked the UI - especially the lock screen and music apps - VERY much. I think this honestly would have been my favorite ROM by a long shot of all the dozens (hundreds?) I've flashed, but unfortunately it just doesnt work, which is relatively important.

Titanium data restores work fine as long as you are not attempting to restore system data. If you do restore system data then you will experience the types of things you experienced. If you restore app data for user apps you shouldn't have any problems.

Apparently the issue with the alarms may be an actual bug with the ROM (I've seen it reported by others), I use Gentle Alarm (one of THE BEST apps out there), so I didn't experience that. {EDIT: I tested it with the stock alarm clock and I can add/set alarms without issue.} The other things you are describing are not typical of use with this ROM... I would recommend wiping EVERYTHING and reinstalling, and not using task killers (this ROM has a built in task killer anyway). If you continue to have issues I'll try to help.

Would like to try this rom out again, now that it is a little more stable, and I notice that I need to install NEW USERS FLASH 0.1.3.0 BEFORE 0.12.3.2 is that a typo?

Yeah, it's a typo. It should be flash 0.12.3.0 before 0.12.3.2.

Upvote 0
Flashed the new MIUI rom last night and it is fantastic!. Havent found any apps that don't like it yet. It is very unique in terms of use and what it has to offer. I have had my phone off the hook for about 8 hours with light/moderate use and it is at 80% battery still!!! yesterday the battery sucked however so when I got home I let it drain to about 15%, installed .2 update and wiped battery stats. I am currently using slayhers LFY 1ghz kernel without any setcpu or other overclocking stuff set. I am using launcher pro however cause I feel the normal launcher is a little to sluggish for me but launcher pro is smoother then it was on BB 0.5 or CM6 for me. All in all if they could bring volume rocker music switching i will be sold for good.

Upvote 0
I guess I spoke too soon, as I've run into some issues today. Everything was going good until I used my GPS for about half an hour. Of course my battery got rocked (like GPS always does) but afterwards it wouldn't charge in my car - it wouldn't even connect. Then I got to work and hooked it up to my computer (which I always do) and it wouldn't charge past 15%. On top of all of this it was running much much hotter than usual. Stayed hot for a couple hours after I used GPS. After a couple random reboots later, I got home and plugged it in the wall charger where it charged like usual. I was running about 95 F during this time, which is highly unusual.

This ROM is hard to tame! But I love it so I'm not going anywhere...

One last thing - reflashing back to the stock kernel fixed my bluetooth issue

Upvote 0
I guess I spoke too soon, as I've run into some issues today. Everything was going good until I used my GPS for about half an hour. Of course my battery got rocked (like GPS always does) but afterwards it wouldn't charge in my car - it wouldn't even connect. Then I got to work and hooked it up to my computer (which I always do) and it wouldn't charge past 15%. On top of all of this it was running much much hotter than usual. Stayed hot for a couple hours after I used GPS. After a couple random reboots later, I got home and plugged it in the wall charger where it charged like usual. I was running about 95 F during this time, which is highly unusual.

This ROM is hard to tame! But I love it so I'm not going anywhere...

One last thing - reflashing back to the stock kernel fixed my bluetooth issue

I've had issues with my phone not charging in the car before and it always mystified me, but I think it might actually be a built-in protection mechanism. When the phone is running hot I think it might keep the phone from charging as charging would cause even more heat, potentially causing damage. This is just a hunch but it makes some sense. 95 F doesn't really seem all that high though.

EDIT: Here's a thread that confirms my hunch:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/47291-droid-too-hot-charge.html

Upvote 0
I've had issues with my phone not charging in the car before and it always mystified me, but I think it might actually be a built-in protection mechanism. When the phone is running hot I think it might keep the phone from charging as charging would cause even more heat, potentially causing damage. This is just a hunch but it makes some sense. 95 F doesn't really seem all that high though.

EDIT: Here's a thread that confirms my hunch:
Droid too hot to charge? - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

That makes sense. I used the same cord I use in my car at home and it worked fine. Hmmm.

On a side note, Last night I did a wipe of the dalvik cache; reset battery stats; reinstalled MIUI; then installed a SLV Slayher 1000 kernel. My phone is running amazing now. No heat issues, no redraw issues, wifi seems to have a stronger kernel, and the best part - I left my phone off the charger all night (it was at 95%) and it is at 90% today. Very happy right now.... Usually I have good luck with kernels for a day or so, so hopefully I can post happy news about this Slayher kernel later on tonight...

Upvote 0
That makes sense. I used the same cord I use in my car at home and it worked fine. Hmmm.

On a side note, Last night I did a wipe of the dalvik cache; reset battery stats; reinstalled MIUI; then installed a SLV Slayher 1000 kernel. My phone is running amazing now. No heat issues, no redraw issues, wifi seems to have a stronger kernel, and the best part - I left my phone off the charger all night (it was at 95%) and it is at 90% today. Very happy right now.... Usually I have good luck with kernels for a day or so, so hopefully I can post happy news about this Slayher kernel later on tonight...

I meant to say wifi has a stronger signal - my bad

Upvote 0

I did the same thing and I think I am using the same slayher kernel. This is a very good combination. my phone is at 50% battery and was taken off the charger yesterday morning so has been running for about 27 hours straight without charging not to mention not 1 hiccup with lag, redraws, or heat

Upvote 0
I did the same thing and I think I am using the same slayher kernel. This is a very good combination. my phone is at 50% battery and was taken off the charger yesterday morning so has been running for about 27 hours straight without charging not to mention not 1 hiccup with lag, redraws, or heat

Yeah this is the best combination I've found. I've never had such a difficult time finding a good kernel match as I've had with this ROM. Publicanimal recommended running slower since this is such a zippy ROM, and that advice was great. The Slayher 1000 is running amazing! Also publicanimal, you were correct on the charging thing - my phone charged just fine today. Lastly, my temps have been in the high 60's/low 70's all day.

LOVING IT!

One more thing - has anyone tried using the gingerbread keyboard port for this? Any feedback? Does it play nice with MIUI?

Upvote 0
Yeah this is the best combination I've found. I've never had such a difficult time finding a good kernel match as I've had with this ROM. Publicanimal recommended running slower since this is such a zippy ROM, and that advice was great. The Slayher 1000 is running amazing! Also publicanimal, you were correct on the charging thing - my phone charged just fine today. Lastly, my temps have been in the high 60's/low 70's all day.

LOVING IT!

One more thing - has anyone tried using the gingerbread keyboard port for this? Any feedback? Does it play nice with MIUI?

Are you using setcpu or just letting the ROM handle the clock speeds?

My battery just tanked from 40% to 15% when playing pokemon for about a half hour but all in all my phone lasted 30 hours in the same conditions (listening to music, surfing the web, texting, gmail, pokemon) that LFY, BB and CM6 only gave me about 18

I have not tried the gingerbread keyboard because I am nervous that it will not play nice and I don't want to go through the hassle until it is confirmed but that keyboard does look nice.

Upvote 0
I just installed the Gingerbread keyboard and it works pretty well. I have a quibble with it that would probably be minor for most people but is major with me. There is supposed to be a feature where if you tap a word you already entered you can to change it to something else, but instead it just inserts the word you select inside the word you already entered.

So let's say I am typing and I type "spit" when I meant to type "spot" and keep typing. Then before I send the text I notice the mistake. If I then tap "spit" it brings up options of other words I can change that to. If I then tap "spot" what should happen is it will change "spit" to "spot". Instead I get "spspotit". If this is fixed this will be the best keyboard yet. Until then I think I'll probably stick to Swype.

As far as SetCPU goes, I haven't been using it on the last couple builds and my phone is running great. I used the steps I outlined in post #20 on this thread to allow the system to overclock to 1 GHz. I use Chevy's 1 GHz ULV kernel. My battery life is sometimes iffy but I have 3 batteries that I charge externally so when I get low on battery I just swap batteries. So battery life is a minor concern for me. You can get spare batteries for $4-6 on Amazon and the external charger for around $10.... then you'll never have to worry about battery life again.

Upvote 0
Sucks to hear about the gb keyboard. That would be a sweet feature if it worked how it should.
anyone get the new swype beta keyboard to work on this rom. swype installer gives u steps on how to license swype but the issue is since the settings app is very different then on a normal rom the instructions don't really work. For now i have gone back to the normal keyboard unfortunately

Upvote 0
Sucks to hear about the gb keyboard. That would be a sweet feature if it worked how it should.
anyone get the new swype beta keyboard to work on this rom. swype installer gives u steps on how to license swype but the issue is since the settings app is very different then on a normal rom the instructions don't really work. For now i have gone back to the normal keyboard unfortunately

I'm always running pirated versions of Swype so I never run into this issue, but I know there is a way to get it to work.

Try steps in post#2 of this thread:
Anyone able to get Swype to work? - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Upvote 0
Are you using setcpu or just letting the ROM handle the clock speeds?

My battery just tanked from 40% to 15% when playing pokemon for about a half hour but all in all my phone lasted 30 hours in the same conditions (listening to music, surfing the web, texting, gmail, pokemon) that LFY, BB and CM6 only gave me about 18

I have not tried the gingerbread keyboard because I am nervous that it will not play nice and I don't want to go through the hassle until it is confirmed but that keyboard does look nice.

I'm addicted to SetCPU, so I use that. I'm a visual guy so I like to see everything from my frequencies to my temp on a constant basis. Publicanimal gave me some great directions for setting it through the terminal, however that is one area that I am not 100% comfortable with yet. I've done some minor changes through terminal emulator, but I'm kind of intimidated by setting the frequency. I just have to mess with it once and I'll be good.

On to the gingerbread keyboard, I installed it on my friend's OG droid running Cyanogenmod 6.1. I'm liking it. It is definitely more responsive than the stock, however I didn't play around with it enough to decide if I wanna put it on mine.

-publicanimal -- is the default MIUI keyboard just the stock android keyboard with some blue accents? Seems like it, but it also seems slightly different...

Upvote 0
I'm not exactly sure where the got the default Miui keyboard but I think you're right that it is essentially just a themed version of the stock android keyboard.

The directions I gave for setting the system to overclock are actually not Terminal commands, they are intended to be done through Root Explorer. Within Root Explorer you would go to /system/etc/init.d/, then long-press the 99complete file and tap "Open in Text Editor", then add this line for overclocking:

echo XXXXXXX > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

Replace XXXXXX with the max clock speed of your kernel:

1250000 = 1.25 GHz
1200000 = 1.2 GHz
1100000 = 1.1 GHz
1000000 = 1.0 GHz
800000 = 800 MHz

Hit the back button when you're done and Root Explorer will save a backup of the old version of the 99complete file, so you're covered if you happened to mess up.

Then reboot. After rebooting you can check the /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq file in Root Explorer (long press, tap "View As Text") to make sure it worked.

It sounds scary but it ain't that big of a deal. :)

There's nothing wrong with using SetCPU, I go back and forth, but right now I'm having good results without it.

BTW, I got this info from ZeroBarrier here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...ficial-d1-miui-0-12-3-2-a-26.html#post1054100

Upvote 0
I'm not exactly sure where the got the default Miui keyboard but I think you're right that it is essentially just a themed version of the stock android keyboard.

The directions I gave for setting the system to overclock are actually not Terminal commands, they are intended to be done through Root Explorer. Within Root Explorer you would go to /system/etc/init.d/, then long-press the 99complete file and tap "Open in Text Editor", then add this line for overclocking:

echo XXXXXXX > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

Replace XXXXXX with the max clock speed of your kernel:

1250000 = 1.25 GHz
1200000 = 1.2 GHz
1100000 = 1.1 GHz
1000000 = 1.0 GHz
800000 = 800 MHz

Hit the back button when you're done and Root Explorer will save a backup of the old version of the 99complete file, so you're covered if you happened to mess up.

Then reboot. After rebooting you can check the /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq file in Root Explorer (long press, tap "View As Text") to make sure it worked.

It sounds scary but it ain't that big of a deal. :)

There's nothing wrong with using SetCPU, I go back and forth, but right now I'm having good results without it.

BTW, I got this info from ZeroBarrier here:
NEW [Release] Official D1-MIUI-0.12.3.2 - Page 26 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Thank you. I'll buy RootExplorer tonight possibly and try it out. I appreciate your prompt responses, and I especially respect you giving respect where respect is due. I read forums all day and ZeroBarrier seems pretty knowledgeable. You've helped me quite a bit the last few days publicanimal...

Random question: I just signed up for this forum the other day. Usually I just read but I had a question so I signed up. Is there anyway to get an alert or notification when somebody answers your question? Kind of off-topic, but just curious...

Upvote 0
Random question: I just signed up for this forum the other day. Usually I just read but I had a question so I signed up. Is there anyway to get an alert or notification when somebody answers your question? Kind of off-topic, but just curious...

I don't think there is, that is one nice thing about this forum is getting emails when someone replies to a thread you're subscribed to. ZeroBarrier @ DroidForums is insanely knowledgeable about the inner workings of the Droid, it's almost scary.

Root Explorer is SUPER useful, I use it just about every day. It's a worthy purchase for sure.

Upvote 0
Man. This ROM and I do not get along for longer than a day. I posted the other day saying I found the perfect combination. Last night at work, my phone got so hot and kept rebooting. After a nightly charge, it seems better today. However, about 1/2 hour ago it rebooted for no reason. I really wish I could figure this ROM out, or at least hear from other people that they are having the same issues...

Upvote 0
Man. This ROM and I do not get along for longer than a day. I posted the other day saying I found the perfect combination. Last night at work, my phone got so hot and kept rebooting. After a nightly charge, it seems better today. However, about 1/2 hour ago it rebooted for no reason. I really wish I could figure this ROM out, or at least hear from other people that they are having the same issues...

Sorry to hear that but I can't say I am having that same issue. My phone has been nothing but stellar since I flashed the latest version a few days ago

Upvote 0
So my phone reboots anytime I change my wallpaper. As far as temps go, I was running 105 F for my battery last night, and 136 F for my OMAP3 temp. Those temps are very hot for my phone. I really can't figure it out, and it's making me mad because I LOVE this ROM. I wish I could figure out what the deal is...

Upvote 0
So my phone reboots anytime I change my wallpaper. As far as temps go, I was running 105 F for my battery last night, and 136 F for my OMAP3 temp. Those temps are very hot for my phone. I really can't figure it out, and it's making me mad because I LOVE this ROM. I wish I could figure out what the deal is...

This might be going out on a limb, but try downloading "VM Heap Tool" from the market and setting the VM Heap to 24.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones