• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Official Team D1-MIUI

RRS Poll - Please Rate this ROM only if you have flashed it (recently).

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 31 56.4%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
Been ruining MIUI all week, and I must say, I've found my Milestone's permanent rom. Just hope team MIUI keeps em coming! :)

RUMOR MILL:

Apparently according to MIUI.com (which is in Chinese) they have been working on a MIUI release based on Gingerbread, and there WILL be a Milestone release (which is what our Droid ports are based on). It sounds like it will be unleashed in the very near future.

I'm pretty thrilled. I'm expecting some bugs, but we'll see. For the last month or so I've mostly been running CM7 Nightlies (which are 2.3 sourced) and for the last couple weeks the builds have been running almost perfectly on the Droid, so I know the Droid can handle Gingerbread.

The next MIUI release (1.3.18.0) will still be based on 2.2 Froyo.

Kernel Plug:
I have a new favorite kernel. It works in concert with a hacked Milestone Overclock apk which is also available at the kernel thread here:
Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Upvote 0
The 2nd Gingerbread MIUI release for the Droid is out, 1.4.15. I haven't flashed it but it should be better than the last one. I can't seem to keep myself away from CM7 at the moment.

I've updated all the relevant links in the OP (original post). I also cleaned it up by removing all the screenshots which were getting dated, and added a new official MIUI video that was release last week.

Upvote 0
Boy,this thread dropped off the planet! I just found out about MIUI through Droid Life yesterday and now dl'd and love it! Newest version is 1.7.15 based on GB 2.3.4 It is such a change from all the other ROMS out there. A breath of fresh air. Going to try to DL a diff kernel,check it out. But I really like it so far. One thing I miss is the DSP manager EQ and I can't understand the homescreen doesn't rotate. That should be addressed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones