• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*Official Trapster Thread*

Sean, are you aware of any DNS issues with Trapster.com? For the past couple of days, I haven't been able to connect via the Trapster app or via the web browser to the main Trapster page on my Nexus One over t-mobile here in Tampa, FL.

Follow-up: This is definitely something with the local T-Mobile. If I enable wi-fi here at the house, I have no trouble running Trapster or accessing the Trapster website over the phone. When I disable the wi-fi and get on T-Mobile's 3G... no such luck. :(

Follow-up #2: And on the fourth day, T-Mobile gave us Trapster. Just like that, it's working again. ::shrug:: One of those whacky internet things...

Upvote 0
I suspect this thread is long dead (comments from June haven't been responded to), but I downloaded Trapster yesterday and, while it looks promising, it failed to alert me to cameras which I knew were there and falsely alerted me to cameras that didn't exist.

It also forced close roughly every 5 minutes, making it largely useless. I'll try it again today but will be removing it if it performs as before.

Oli.

Upvote 0
anyone else running Trapster on an Evo 4G? I am trying to but it's depleting my battery even while plugged in. Using a Seidio Innotraveler car kit. Also, phone is warm when I take it out of the cradle. just wondering if this is normal or if I'm having issues? I tried it on a 4 hour road trip recently and there was less juice left in the battery than when I started out. Phone is only a month or so old and I did pop for the "we'll replace it if you dunk it in the toilet" warranty because the thought of having to pay to replace it is kinda scary.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones