Official Twitter App Problems

Last Updated:

1. confused-data

confused-data Member This Topic's Starter

I'm posting this on the desire board as according to my mate it's a desire only issue, but i'm not sure. Searching the forum for twitter app brings up 1000's of entries.

Sometimes when I refresh the official twitter app it will only fetch some tweets, not all. The problems happens most often in the morning after my phone has been off (or in aeroplane mode) overnight.

Often it either fetches the last 20 tweets or the last 2-4 hours worth. Hitting refresh again still doesn't bring in the missing tweets so I have to use HTC Peep to get them instead.

I've tried setting it to automatic, 2 hours, 4 hours, manual etc but it still seems to fail to show all tweets if you haven't used the app for several hours.

Is anyone else having this issue or know how to solve it?

Advertisement
  2. confused-data

Bloody thing has done it again! Love the app but this issue totally ruins it for me.

Anyone got any ideas?

3. jason-567

jason-567 Well-Known Member

yeh mine does it too, and i am constantly using twitter, but still think it is best twitter app ideas?

4. PsychoMania

PsychoMania Active Member

Same issue with mine, like Jason I also think it's the best twitter app but this problem drags it down.

5. confused-data

Thanks guys, good to know i'm not suffering alone!

Anyone know a solution?

6. muzens1

muzens1 New Member

I too have found the same issue, hopefully Twitter release a updated version/fix soon :eek:, because I love this app.

7. stringent

stringent Well-Known Member

As a stop gap try Twidroid or Tweetcaster from the market. There are free versions and paid for ones. The latter gives you a little more functionality.

8. EmceeGeek

EmceeGeek Well-Known Member

yeah, both are nice. i've used them for the G1 and the motorola cliq.

9. mjpartyboy

mjpartyboy Well-Known Member

My Twitter for Android has stopped displaying users I follow or who are following me, I get an error when it tried to load or refresh these lists, so I can't see who I'm following in lists and it renders the useful add @username list when you're writing a tweet useless. I've tried signing out and back in, sync on and off, reboots, task killing and it still says "No users found". It has been like this for weeks now and is really annoying. Tweets update fine though.

10. cerealwar

cerealwar Member

Another alternative you could try is twicca. I've found it to be a really good twitter client with all the functionality I need. It also has a fantastic widget!

11. NOMster

NOMster Well-Known Member

does it sync contacts?

12. mjpartyboy

No.

http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/67327-contacts-link-twitter.html

13. Shenny

Shenny New Member

I've had a few problems with the official twitter app, some of which you've described but after looking at some of the other options out there I've gone with Touiteur for now.

14. NOMster

NOMster Well-Known Member

the app is just screwed up right now. i have tried emailing about it and there are lots of comments on the market describing the issues, but apparently twitter cant be bothered with that.

15. mjpartyboy

It's not very good that we have to turn to unofficial Twitter clients to get working versions of the functionality available in the official one. I don't mean any disrespect to the unofficial apps, because there are some very good ones out there, but for my needs I like the official Android app and its presentation. Until it's fixed I have signed out of Twitter for Android and am using Twicca (I like Twicca, but wish you could change it from the black background white/grey text set up to something with a bit of colour).

16. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

I've had a few problems with the official Twitter app. The main one being that I was unable to get the app to sync data - no matter what I did, the box would not remain ticked.

17. mjpartyboy

Mine is still not displaying following, followers, or blocked users where applicable in my profile section or lists and still has a blank insert @ list when writing a tweet. Not good for an official app and it's a shame because it offers slightly more functionality than the official site (these features used to work). Still will not sync my contacts either (has never worked).

18. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

Does anyone else find that the official Twitter app just keeps taking up more and more space in the phone's memory?

I couldn't find any way to delete old data in the settings :confused: In the end I uninstalled then reinstalled it and that seemed to resolve it but surely I don't need to keep doing that?