1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Official Twitter app/Twidroid not working

Last Updated:

1. ZackAlphabet

ZackAlphabet New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my Samsung Galaxy S delivered and I've installed a few apps and they're working nicely but the ones that dont seem to work for me are the Twitter ones, I can log on to the site just fine on pc and through the mobile browser but the apps arent working, I first tried Twidroid, it doesnt authenticate my login details and says I put them in wrong, the same goes for Twitter's official app, anybody able to help me?

Advertisement
  2. coxer

coxer Member

I have the same problem. Although, I bought my HTC Desire in June and everything was working fine, even after upgrading to Froyo. Then one day suddenly Twidroid stopped working and wouldn't log in. Other Twitter apps like Seesmic or even the official one won't login too.

3. coxer

coxer Member

OK, I got sick of this. Tried rooting... didn't help. Tried reinstalling the stock ROM. Didn't work either. I don't know what this is. But this is very annoying. HTC has troubles answering my question as well.

4. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

I have the same problem as well. It leads me to believe (total guess here) that for some reason Twidroyd and Twitter for Android either haven't updated their apps for OAuth support or their app being buggy with certain accounts and OAuth. I would have a hard time believing Twitter would update their Android client for a UI change but not OAuth support. Try twicca in the meantime.

5. coxer

coxer Member

Wow! Thanks a lot for an excellent advice! Not only this lets me use Twitter again, but is also a great app :)