Official update is not working. Help please.

Last Updated:

1. kkl1993

kkl1993 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Alright I copied the guide that was on Droid-Life and on XDA. I have rooted with unrevoked3 and got s-off with unrevoked forever. I have already removed clockworkmod recovery and now have the stock recovery. All my settings match what the thread said and it keeps on aborting the update. Can anyone help me?

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

if you have the stock recovery idk. just double check. im sure you already know how. but reboot into hboot, power off. and back on by holding vol down and power, then push vol down to get to recovery and push power. if you get the red exclamation point you have stock, if you get anything else its custom.

3. kkl1993

yea i double checked. i have everything stock. it will find the update, open the update, install the update, verify the current system, then installation aborted.

4. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

Something ain't adding up.

5. kkl1993

yea i guess. it says to check "system\app\cityid" and a bunch on numbers after city id. then says installation aborted.

6. elborak

elborak Well-Known Member

So you are not stock after all: you removed CityID.apk.

7. kkl1993

well i thought it had something to do with cityid so i tried to move it back. i moved it from "system\app.disabled" to "system\app" but it said permission denied on cmd. so i removed it using root explorer and i did. retried the update and says the exact same thing even though cityid was removed from the system. dont know whats going on but i might just download the official leak or a different ROM instead.

8. kkl1993

so i did a factory reset to see if that fixed the problem and it didnt work either. kept on saying the same thing. so it sucks to be me. waited for the official update since i didnt want my phone to wiped clean and i get rewarded with no FROYO. boohoo!!! so freaking happy to come home from class to install my FROYO now im pissed.

9. elborak

You made changes to your install (despite the claim of "everything stock") and that is preventing you from updating.

You need to restore CityID.apk. You need to do this either from recovery or via S-OFF and remounting your system partition rw. But even if you do this, what other changes that you haven't mentioned did you make to your "everything stock" system? If you don't tell us what you did, how can we help you undo it?

If you don't know what changes you made, your best bet is to RUU back to stock and start from scratch.

10. kkl1993

o ok. well how do i move everything back into place. i just installed clockworkmod again and did a nandroid. so im back to where i started. i moved:
    Stock
    Twitter
    Mail
    Flickr
    FM Radio
    VVM
    CityID
    Foot Prints and Foot Prints Widget
    Peep and Peep Widget
    Quick Office

11. elborak

mount /system from clockwork recovery.

Assuming your disabled apps are in /system/app.disabled (as your earlier post implied):

adb shell
    mv /system/app.disabled/* /system/app

That should do it. And note that it's /, not \ as your earlier posts used. That won't work.

kkl1993 likes this.
  12. kkl1993

alright i am moving everything right now. thanks for informing me this. i did not know that i had to restore all those apps

13. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

your probably better off installing a clean stock rom then trying to "fix" yours.

iowabowtech likes this.
  14. kkl1993

i already moved everything. but the only problem is that i accidentally removed the HtcLockScreen.apk can anyone give me the apk. thanks

15. kkl1993

nevermind. thanks anywayz.

16. jdkoreclipse

jdkoreclipse Well-Known Member

I saw the same problem over at xda..make sure you have STOCK RECOVERY, NOT AMON_RA OR CLOCKWORK......if that fails when, well, i cant help

17. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Not sure on this but you MIGHT have to 86 the app.disabled folder too. If it recognized missing items, it may also recognized ones that were added.

18. vico-c

vico-c Active Member

Has anyone had an update fail then have the update (Froyo) available again? I was rooted then unrooted my phone after a failed attempt. Now I'm completely stock with 2.1update1 and its telling me "Your system is currently up to date".:mad:

19. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Total shot in the dark here but you might try clearing data in the MCC_OTA app and see if it re-issues? Maybe the same thing on Updater if the first one doesn't do anything. Just a thought.