• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Official update is not working. Help please.

kkl1993

Apr 28, 2010
Florida
Alright I copied the guide that was on Droid-Life and on XDA. I have rooted with unrevoked3 and got s-off with unrevoked forever. I have already removed clockworkmod recovery and now have the stock recovery. All my settings match what the thread said and it keeps on aborting the update. Can anyone help me?

Attachments

• CAP201008311534.jpg
    CAP201008311534.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 87
  • CAP201008311559.jpg
    CAP201008311559.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 63
if you have the stock recovery idk. just double check. im sure you already know how. but reboot into hboot, power off. and back on by holding vol down and power, then push vol down to get to recovery and push power. if you get the red exclamation point you have stock, if you get anything else its custom.

Upvote 0
well i thought it had something to do with cityid so i tried to move it back. i moved it from "system\app.disabled" to "system\app" but it said permission denied on cmd. so i removed it using root explorer and i did. retried the update and says the exact same thing even though cityid was removed from the system. dont know whats going on but i might just download the official leak or a different ROM instead.

Upvote 0
so i did a factory reset to see if that fixed the problem and it didnt work either. kept on saying the same thing. so it sucks to be me. waited for the official update since i didnt want my phone to wiped clean and i get rewarded with no FROYO. boohoo!!! so freaking happy to come home from class to install my FROYO now im pissed.

Upvote 0
You made changes to your install (despite the claim of "everything stock") and that is preventing you from updating.

You need to restore CityID.apk. You need to do this either from recovery or via S-OFF and remounting your system partition rw. But even if you do this, what other changes that you haven't mentioned did you make to your "everything stock" system? If you don't tell us what you did, how can we help you undo it?

If you don't know what changes you made, your best bet is to RUU back to stock and start from scratch.

Upvote 0
Has anyone had an update fail then have the update (Froyo) available again? I was rooted then unrooted my phone after a failed attempt. Now I'm completely stock with 2.1update1 and its telling me "Your system is currently up to date".:mad:

Total shot in the dark here but you might try clearing data in the MCC_OTA app and see if it re-issues? Maybe the same thing on Updater if the first one doesn't do anything. Just a thought.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones