• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Upgrade to Android 2.3.5 for U8650 (Sonic)

My Huawei Sonic is Version 2.3.3
Build Number U8650V100R001C257B823sp03.
Is this an earlier version than the update U8650V100R001C151B863sp02 ?
I would appreciate your advice & some brief detail regarding differences between the two versions.

Hi uueedo, welcome to androidforums.

Version U8650V100R001C257B823sp03 is the Australian Channel version. It is the version that I used to have. It is Android 2.3.3 and comes with the most basic of settings with no cloud services provided.

Version U8650V100R001C151B863sp02 is the newer version of the two. It is the Indian Version of the software provided with Android 2.3.5. It contains a lot of extra software advantages and also includes Cloud Services.

It would be better to update to this as it brings a number of improvements and fixes compared to your old software. I updated from that version and in my opinion it is much better to update to 2.3.5 provided by Huawei India.

Upvote 0
Hi uueedo, welcome to androidforums.

Version U8650V100R001C257B823sp03 is the Australian Channel version. It is the version that I used to have. It is Android 2.3.3 and comes with the most basic of settings with no cloud services provided.

Version U8650V100R001C151B863sp02 is the newer version of the two. It is the Indian Version of the software provided with Android 2.3.5. It contains a lot of extra software advantages and also includes Cloud Services.

It would be better to update to this as it brings a number of improvements and fixes compared to your old software. I updated from that version and in my opinion it is much better to update to 2.3.5 provided by Huawei India.

Your information is appreciated. I've now upgraded two of the family Huawei Sonic's without any problem. The upgrade certainly is worthwhile even if only using mobile phone voice calls (which seems most +40 year olds do !!!). Thanks james - and to the other contributors who have provided valuable information re the upgrade. Currently I'm using Australian (Sydney) purchased TravelSIM for trip to Europe. This is probably not the forum to discuss ISP/SIM's but being a new "new chum" from the DOS era, some one may be able to direct me to the right place. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
This firmware: HUAWEI_U8650_Android_2.3_V100R001C151B863SP02_India_Trench

Is not good for the USA ATT Fusion u8652, although similar to to u8650, this firmware lacks the proper GSM operating frequencies to connect to the ATT GSM 3G network. Everything else works, but no 3G. APN and preferred networks are set properly.

I did not make a backup of my original AT&T setup via Clockworkmod (my fault). If anyone could share a stock ATT Fusion back up I would greatly appreciate the help.

I seem to have the same problem, flashed a esp rom and now when I put sim card in the phone asks me for an unlock code?

Did you ever fix your problem or find a stock U8652 rom to flash??
Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Upvote 0
I have 2 main questions...
I made the full upgrade like the guide says...
Main problem is after finishing last part of the update
i have only 3 application screens instead of 5 :(((

After first main update (SD 1 steps) i had all 5 screens available,
and was looking like a full functional full update at 2.3.5...

In the guide is is said to make also the second part (SD 2 steps)
using the tiny update.app from "vendor\ update.app"

Now someone please enlighten me...
1) Is it really need to proceed to the part two of the update
and loose 2 application screens?
2) Or we can resume at the main update (SD card 1 steps)?
Will the first update be fully functional or is required also the second part?

Main problem will be that we have left 3 screens which are full of icons already...
that's mean we cannot add extra applications or what?
True are a very few ones what can be deleted but still after deleting them i have 6 slots empty for extra apps:(
I deleted:
Facebook, Twitter, Flashlight, Bolywoodji, Astute Planet

Upvote 0
I have a very weird problem after this update!!!!
Seems an application but don't know which one is repeatedly calling a phone number!
The called number is 09971234637
Can anyone tell me from what country it is and why such a thing happen?
Happily the number seems to be a national one so since is from a different country then mine it always give me error that the call cannot be finalized cause number is not found!
The calls are repeating 3 times in a row every 6 hours!
Had over 30 failed calls in only almost 3 days!!!!
BE WARNED...something's wrong with this update!
autocalls.jpg

Upvote 0
I have a Sonic with U8650V100R001C257B823SP03

After getting the dload folder into SD card, followed the instruction to start the upgrade.
Pressing Up+Down volume + Power, did not start the upgrade.

The phone was booting up to the main screen.

So, I went "Settings > Storage > Software upgrade > SD card upgrade > confirm > upgrade"

That started it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones