• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [OFFICIAL] Validus ROM 6.0

Digital Controller

The Real Bass Creator
Sep 5, 2012
Ownership of this thread has changed per request of Original Poster :).

This is now the official discussion area of the ValidusROM.

This thread can either be updated by staff or PMs can be sent to me from members telling me a new version has been released.

The link to the current version of the ROM can be found here: ValidusROM 6.0 Download

I am not responsible for any damages incurred from flashing custom software onto your device. :)

i'm no rom pro, and am usually content with stock. yet i found the stock on the n7 to be poor. very laggy, stuttering, etc. and i wanted ART.

this rom, coupled with franco kernel, simply zips along. i've not seen a stutter yet after the install and one extra re-boot. i am talking about version 5.2. i also have an N7 2013, and quite frankly i cannot tell any difference in performance now. i am not a gamer, and i don't multi task, so the difference in RAM i wouldn't notice. But for what I do, the n7 2012 simply feels like a new device.

performance with this rom imo surpasses cm, pa, and slim, the only other roms i've tried.

and now that i can mirror to chromecast, i cannot begin to relate what a happy camper i am.

now, as to version 6.0, which i just flashed about 4 minutes ago....so far so good, but question for funky....am not seeing ART in developer's options. is ART now default in this ROM? or was the option removed with the new version, if you know.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Gave this one a spin today on Multi-ROM and it is sweet and smooth, but so is Dirty Unicorns, and DU has a few more features. I don't use PIE at all, which is the only thing DU is missing. I'll definitely be sticking with DU, but this is far and away the best alternate ROM I have tried other than DU and highly recommend it to anyone.

Love those navigation buttons, by the way. :D

Upvote 0
i think i see what you mean about 6.0. i was simply reading last night, and the charge level stayed barely constant. the tab should have easily had a surplus of charge.

so this morning i tried dirty unicorn....not for me. i think it would be great, but too many bugs were apparent right off. particularly with re-booting. simply, it would not reboot. thought i bricked it. only way to launch the system was through recovery.

so, i'm back to 5.2 with franco.:) truth be told, i was plenty happy with this set up all along.

Upvote 0
so what's the verdict on 5.3?

i'm a few days on 6.0 now. art enabled with the kernel that came with it. it took a few re-boots for it to settle in (why does that seem to be necessary???), but all is swimming along nicely now.

i do agree that franco seemed faster. i am no longer experiencing the charger issue, which is not a big deal to me anyway. and because it is not that big a deal, i may go with franco again. you see, i simply don't use my device when it is charging as a rule. i mean i have, but usually i just go to bed when i need a charge.:)

edit: ok, i flashed franco again. it is undeniable....no placebo effect here....franco makes this rom fly. i'm keeping 6.0 with ART and franco. (at least until i change things.:))

Upvote 0
Flashed ROM and Gapps using TWRP, everything went perfect and I am really enjoying the ROM especially since I've been on the same ROM for over a year. Problem is that when I go to flash Franco r80 or even r79, I get a failed message stating I've installed a virus. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Are you downloading it with the Franco app? I used the app and the auto flash feature with no problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones